Trashed Spectrum motor, Hobbywing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My buddy bought one bnib at the hobby shop and before I was even home I was already looking on ebay. I found a brand new v3 3s typhon for $230+30 shipping It was something like $277 shipped with tax and all. Still a little cheaper than the $344 my buddy paid at the shop. I messaged the seller asking for receipt from lhs and he said he couldn't provide me with one. I thought I had a dud but once I did some research and read about resetting the esc, that helped on both of ours but they still hit lvc really early. I would send my esc in for reprograming but I don't want to be without a ride. My solution is to run it in nimh mode and use an external lvc alarm. The 50c 5200mah were good but if I can get more run time out of my 5200mah 80c then that will be a plus. Sold my four 50c and bought three 80c one hard shell and two soft. Soft shell is just fine even off ramps and abusive driving.

Hey everyone. I bought a new updated Senton BLX 3s. Sadly the motor junked out on the first day. After the abuse I saw them take I didn’t expect to break it just driving it around and some short burst in a parking lot. Have an email in to support and ordered a new Hobbywing Max10 SCT ESC Combo. Also ordered some ceramic/mix bearings if Arrma sends me a new motor under warranty. any advice on how not to ruin another motor?😂 what other motors do you run?

View attachment 120978

View attachment 120979
I just had the same thing happen. Typhon 3s with same motor died after 3 days of use.

I just had the same thing happen. Typhon 3s with same motor died after 3 days of use.
Had a similar problem with my Typhon 3s. Motor crapped out after 3 runs. Contacted Horizon hobby and they got me a new one in the mail real quick. Just contact Product Support.

Are you guys driving the trucks in sand? If sand gets into your slipper assembly case it’s easy to get past the pinion and into the pinion side bearing as they’re only metal shielded bearings.

You need something with better shielding like PTFE which is very heat tolerant. The front pinion side bearing size is 5 x 16 x 5mm. The one at the rear is less likely to be damaged as it’s at the back of the motor far from where any debris can get to.

Check and change your motor bearings
Yup figured out how to change them im back shredding the pavement again 😁
Are you guys driving the trucks in sand? If sand gets into your slipper assembly case it’s easy to get past the pinion and into the pinion side bearing as they’re only metal shielded bearings.

You need something with better shielding like PTFE which is very heat tolerant. The front pinion side bearing size is 5 x 16 x 5mm. The one at the rear is less likely to be damaged as it’s at the back of the motor far from where any debris can get to.
I do drive mine in some fine dirt in my backyard which would probably be why the bearing on my typhon went kablowie lol Question, could I just silicon that hole on the bottom where the spur gear is showing and where dirt will get into the motor? Why is that opening there lol?
Had a similar problem with my Typhon 3s. Motor crapped out after 3 runs. Contacted Horizon hobby and they got me a new one in the mail real quick. Just contact Product Support.
I emailed them but not sure if it was product support. What was the process? Do they ask to ship the old motor back to them?

Yup figured out how to change them im back shredding the pavement again 😁

I do drive mine in some fine dirt in my backyard which would probably be why the bearing on my typhon went kablowie lol Question, could I just silicon that hole on the bottom where the spur gear is showing and where dirt will get into the motor? Why is that opening there lol?

I emailed them but not sure if it was product support. What was the process? Do they ask to ship the old motor back to them?
I found I got a quick response from the Product Support email vs some other email I tried. They asked for a couple pics of the motor and the receipt, also a couple simple questions. Then a few days later got an email saying they are shipping a new one. And no mention of sending the old one back?

I found I got a quick response from the Product Support email vs some other email I tried. They asked for a couple pics of the motor and the receipt, also a couple simple questions. Then a few days later got an email saying they are shipping a new one. And no mention of sending the old one back?
Interesting. Where did you buy it? I got mine off amazon so I wonder if thats why its taking a while? I did get an email from them with a claim # so its in process. Im not too worried though. I already bought 2 new motors and one of them came in today 😁

I bought mine off ebay, do I still get their help?
I imagine no matter where you bought it as long as you have a receipt they will warranty their product. From what I've been seeing that's been the case. For mine they seem to be going through amazon and not dealing directly with me for some reason. I'll try calling them next week if I haven't heard of anything by Wednesday

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back