Big Rock Traxxas 12mm Hexes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wricksta

Military Veteran
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
Was out bashing behind my gym before work today testing out new shock setup. My rear right wheel comes off(HR hub adapter still intact). I lost another axle pin! I am growing tired of the Duratrax 12mm hexes, thinking about ordering the Traxxas 12mm hexes with captured pin P/N - TRA6869. Does anyone run these?

https://www.amainhobbies.com/traxxas-12mm-aluminum-hex-wheel-adapter-blue-4-tra6869/p257214

duratrax hex.jpg

Was out bashing behind my gym before work today testing out new shock setup. My rear right wheel comes off(HR hub adapter still intact). I lost another axle pin! I am growing tired of the Duratrax 12mm hexes, thinking about ordering the Traxxas 12mm hexes with captured pin P/N - TRA6869. Does anyone run these?

https://www.amainhobbies.com/traxxas-12mm-aluminum-hex-wheel-adapter-blue-4-tra6869/p257214

View attachment 26476

I do. They have performed flawlessly.

Thanks olds97. LHS didn't have them in stock, but did have a Tekno 12mm hex set for $19. Went ahead and picked them up.

View attachment 26476
I don't see any loctite on the axle shaft?

When adapting that style with an extender, I always loctite the extender retention nut/sleeve whatever method it used to the axle.

Don't you think the retention nut came loose and then you lost a pin?

TT

The axle nut did come off, there was blue permatex on it. You don't see it cause I had wiped it clean to re-apply on assembly. Had this happened and I had captured hexes, I wouldn't have lost a pin. That was the point I was trying to make.

I actually bought those traxxas ones on accident. They don’t work. The hole diameter is smaller and the pin slot was way smaller than the arrma ones. I tried to make them work but ruined one so I have three on hand that I’ll never use

I actually bought those traxxas ones on accident. They don’t work. The hole diameter is smaller and the pin slot was way smaller than the arrma ones. I tried to make them work but ruined one so I have three on hand that I’ll never use

They were a perfect fit on my Granite and my BRCC.

Must of gotten different ones. Notice the pin slot diameter and the axle shaft hole diameter difference.

Attachments

• B3FC4204-89EA-4E00-9B76-9D7EF77C98FD.jpeg
    B3FC4204-89EA-4E00-9B76-9D7EF77C98FD.jpeg
    218.6 KB · Views: 41
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back