Kraton Traxxas 3s 5000mah 25c batteries good enough?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeathVirus

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I know Arrma recommends 3s 5000mah 35c batteries but the ones sold at my LHS don't fit the battery tray properly and you have to tape them together to keep them from sliding around. I'm wondering what problems I might get if I run the Traxxas 3s 5000mah 25c batteries. I run completely stock at the moment except for Proline Mashers 3.8 tires and 50k/220k/50k diff oils, and a Castle Creations Blower fan for the motor. Oh and my punch level is only at level 1 bc I hate wheelies

Personally I don't run anything below 50c. If you are dropping below the recommended c than it will ado a lot of stress to the batteries and they will puff. The ESC is 150a and you are only giving it 100a. I wouldn't recommend it.

I know Arrma recommends 3s 5000mah 35c batteries but the ones sold at my LHS don't fit the battery tray properly and you have to tape them together to keep them from sliding around. I'm wondering what problems I might get if I run the Traxxas 3s 5000mah 25c batteries. I run completely stock at the moment except for Proline Mashers 3.8 tires and 50k/220k/50k diff oils, and a Castle Creations Blower fan for the motor. Oh and my punch level is only at level 1 bc I hate wheelies
There are way to many options than settle for an under spec'd battery. Have you considered getting one 4S or 6S instead of two 3S? I love the convenience of it and don't have to worry about stacking up and trying to fit two batteries. This is the 6S I use. http://www.smc-racing.net/index.php?route=product/product&path=67_119&product_id=232
I also have a 4S from them. Good stuff.

There are way to many options than settle for an under spec'd battery. Have you considered getting one 4S or 6S instead of two 3S? I love the convenience of it and don't have to worry about stacking up and trying to fit two batteries. This is the 6S I use. http://www.smc-racing.net/index.php?route=product/product&path=67_119&product_id=232
The problem is I already have Traxxas plugs installed on the ESC and there are no plugs to make it a single-battery application

The problem is I already have Traxxas plugs installed on the ESC and there are no plugs to make it a single-battery application
You can either change the ESC to only have one plug or you can buy a traxxas loop connector or have your local hobby shop make you one.

Take all ur connectors out and then put the POS and neg from the ESC and only use one connecter. Get rid of the middle wire

I was tempted to buy SMC batteries but ended up getting (2) gensacearespammers 3s 5000mah 50c batteries. Should be here by Friday! And then I can send off my Traxxas batteries for warranty bc I keep hitting LVC at 11v on one battery and 10.35v on the other battery

Last edited:
I was tempted to buy SMC batteries but ended up getting (2) gensacearespammers 3s 5000mah 50c batteries. Should be here by Friday! And then I can send off my Traxxas batteries for warranty bc I keep hitting LVC at 11v on one battery and 10.35v
I've never used gensacearespammers but I have used zippy lipos with great success I've heard alot of good thing about gensacearespammers.

After watching Jang's review on YouTube (Read Video Description is his YouTube) of batteries comparing a new Traxxas 2s 5800 25c against an old gensacearespammers battery I became a believer in gensacearespammers

What's a good source for gensacearespammers?
Amazon or http://www.gensacearespammers.com/ are the two best places I've found for them. Amazon sometimes has some deals if you buy multiples or different ones together. My buddy and I got 28 batteries from Amazon for 40% off because we bought over 20 of them.

Speaking from experience, both my Traxxas 3S 5000s 25C are now moderately puffy after a single run in my Nero. Had a handful of runs in Xmaxx they came with, no problem. Figured they would be OK... not so much.

Granted, this is purely anecdotal. Many other factors that could cause a battery to puff. While I do my best to care for my Lipos - avoid over discharge, back to storage voltage after use, never leave at full charge for more than a day/two - safe bet the Nero simply draws more power than even the beastly Xmaxx, and the instructions recommend 35C+ for a reason.

For battery ideas, I'm currently trying out budget minded Floreon Lipos available from Amazon. Have one set of 3S 5500s 35C I picked up for $70 for the pair. Oddly, I'm not seeing these available on Amazon, even tho I purchased them a month ago. Product page is missing from Amazon, wonder if that's a bad sign? Here's hoping not, as I have also ordered two setups of Floreon 2S 8000mAh 40Cs. These fit the Nero battery compartment quite well. Currently selling with TRX connector at $70/pair (Amazon link).

I only have a few runs through these guys, so it's too early to give a recommendation. Will report back when I have a fair number of runs.

Would like to hear how the gensacearespammers work out.

Yea these Arrma systems definitely draw more amps than traxxas stuff. Even castle lists their Mamba Max systems are 120a ESC's. They don't go beyond 120a continuous. I haven't puffed my Traxxass batts in my Kraton yet even running them hard in grass at high speed until they die. Have done roughly 5-6 runs. No puffing at all.

Just in case though I have a set of gensacearespammers 3s 5000mah 50C. I have yet to try them bc I'm working a lot recently but as of an hour ago I just fully charged them and am now discharging them to storage mode on my Traxxas charger to let them "break in."

I do have my punch level set to 1 though bc I absolutely hate wheelies and honestly these brushless systems have so much torque I don't think it needs any higher than that. It also protects the driveline by reducing stress

I think you experienced those issues and I didn't bc you may have your punch set at the default 4, correct? And also the Nero weighs over 3lbs more than the Kraton which is quite a bit more weight to lug around. Yes I understand the Xmaxx is like 20lbs but it's geared very conservatively and its power system draws less amps (80amp continuous/300burst)

Last edited:

Do you have a photo on how they fit for you? How will it connect to the wiring of the Kraton?

50619624687__C517AC10-9D74-468E-86A9-C3B05BD76A56.JPG
50619594830__77B7E4D4-E16E-4BFD-9962-5747B1E6AB0A.JPG

Dang @Johdgoins , That's not good. What kind of battery is that and what were your driving conditions? How much damage to the car?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back