Traxxas 5353 hubs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4TFour RC

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 3s
Hey all just wanted to share some pics and my experience with the Traxxas 14mm to 17mm conversion kit. I installed this on my Senton 3S (pics attached) and overall I think they are well worth the $20 and a few minutes to install. For now I'm running some 1/8 buggy wheels and tires from my Tekno eb48 but I'll be trying some wider wheels soon. They is no wobble and they aren't coming off unless you want them to.
I have two complaints with this kit: There is too much thread lock on the actual wheel nut threads, and I had an issue with shotty thread cutting on one of the cross pins that holds the hub adapter to the spindle.
Overall pleased and would recommend if you want to expand your wheel and tire options in a non-permanent way.

PXL_20230416_214936592~2.jpg

PXL_20230429_013206547.jpg

PXL_20230429_013105854.MP.jpg

PXL_20230429_012803741.MP.jpg

Thank you for this; I've been meaning to find a way to convert my Senton to 17mm since I got quite a few 17mm hex off-road wheels around.

I tried running my Arrma FT wheels with Flat-Side Hexes on my E-Revo with 'Traxxas Hexes' and this happened.... 1 pack. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

View attachment 296093

You can still salvage that wheel..
You just need to do the grub screw mod to get the FT hex back into shape..

I tried running my Arrma FT wheels with Flat-Side Hexes on my E-Revo with 'Traxxas Hexes' and this happened.... 1 pack. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

View attachment 296093
Sorry about this.

I have been pleased with M2C hex extenders and their locking system. Protects the inner hex as well to keep it accurate to shape with the locking nut

1682742763441.png

View attachment 296093
Well that sucks!! My bro has 2 E Revos, runs Duratrax truggy tires on both, regular 17mm hex with stock TRX hex adapters.. never had an issue. Are you running stock power? He is, that could be part of the reason? Also, FT tires are much bigger than 5.5" truggy tires, more forces at work I guess..
We have tried Arrma BF's on the E Revo but without hub extensions they rub the body.. Arrma 6s rigs (kraton/talion) are wider, the Revo relies on positive offset wheels for width/clearance.

Hey all just wanted to share some pics and my experience with the Traxxas 14mm to 17mm conversion kit. I installed this on my Senton 3S (pics attached) and overall I think they are well worth the $20 and a few minutes to install. For now I'm running some 1/8 buggy wheels and tires from my Tekno eb48 but I'll be trying some wider wheels soon. They is no wobble and they aren't coming off unless you want them to.
I have two complaints with this kit: There is too much thread lock on the actual wheel nut threads, and I had an issue with shotty thread cutting on one of the cross pins that holds the hub adapter to the spindle.
Overall pleased and would recommend if you want to expand your wheel and tire options in a non-permanent way.

View attachment 296069

View attachment 296070

View attachment 296071

View attachment 296072
Just need the trx part number? Does this use existing axles? Is there any slop in the screw-pin that holds the hex onto the axles?

Just need the trx part number? Does this use existing axles? Is there any slop in the screw-pin that holds the hex onto the axles?
Part number is in the thread title. They fit over the stock stub axles and they have about the same slop as the stock hexes.

Wait just a minute here... :ROFLMAO:

Wait just a minute here... :ROFLMAO:
Um..yeah, I'm not sure wtf is going on right now?
Uh, looks like someone may have uh.. merged some threads by accident..soo, if you could just go ahead and come in on Saturday, that'd be great..

Bill_Lumbergh_Office_Space.jpeg.jpg

Took me a bit to see it.. the thread for the stripped FT wheel seems to have uh.. disappeared? Soo.. uh🤷‍♂️

Um..yeah, I'm not sure wtf is going on right now?
Uh, looks like someone may have uh.. merged some threads by accident..soo, if you could just go ahead and come in on Saturday, that'd be great..

View attachment 297523
Took me a bit to see it.. the thread for the stripped FT wheel seems to have uh.. disappeared? Soo.. uh🤷‍♂️
Wasn't me.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back