Traxxas E-Revo 2.0

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slick2500

Anything will break if you drive it wrong enough.
Community Leader
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Kraton EXB
  4. Outcast 6s
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Typhon 3s
After nearly 10 years Traxxas is finally releasing an update to the E-Revo.
Looks like they finally got it through their thick skulls that their platforms are in desperate need of updating.
XMaxx drivetrain.
XMaxx style body mounting systems
Cvd axles.
Vxl6s motor and ESC.

i am actually really curious about this. I want to know how they can fit such large diffs into that bulk head area. it is pretty tight already even with the stock diffs.

I wont buy one and there new udr is over priced and looks like a axial

They want to try n get every arrma customer they can while arrma future is uncertain....and they have a role to play in what happening to hobbico.traxxas sat on their butt for to long....arrma has built better vehicule in every possible way than traxxas.one thing is sure...theyll never have me back as a customer.hope arrma gets back on its feets from all this!!!arrma forever!!!

I think it's great that they've updated it. In all honesty, I love the traxxas electronics and, are by far, one of my favorites. Love the sensors and BT compatibility along with their app. I thoroughly enjoyed my e-revo but I was tired of it breaking. I also really liked the battery trays. For them to put in some beefier diffs is huge. That was one of the absolute biggest issues with them and it always scared me from running 6s through it. I do also wonder - like s14tat mentioned - how in the world they fit those diffs in that bulkhead. A lot of people stuffed the loss diffs in there but it required a ton of shaving to the bulkhead.

Axles were another big issue so good to see a change there as well.

Overall, innovation and improvement from one brand only helps fuel the same from the other major players in the game. Win win for all in my opinion

Still sad that it took another company kicking their ass for them to finally realize that they actually need to fix the problems with their vehicles. I foresee an Emaxx v2 coming soon.

It's good to see improvement, also when it comes from Traxxas.
But seriously: the center of gravity is way too high due to the high motor mount, no sway bars, in house electronics and do i really see plastic center driveshafts?
This new Revo will never ever beat a Kraton, fact.

I guess that's one way to look at it but I also think that their cast net of focus is much larger. They've been cranking out, not only car/trucks, but boats and those little drone things. The new cars and trucks like the TRX and Xmaxx have only helped increase their customer base. I think the revo was still a bad ash vehicle and they got a lot of sales from it.

I guess that's one way to look at it but I also think that their cast net of focus is much larger. They've been cranking out, not only car/trucks, but boats and those little drone things. The new cars and trucks like the TRX and Xmaxx have only helped increase their customer base. I think the revo was still a bad ash vehicle and they got a lot of sales from it.
I am willing to bet that they make far more off parts sales than they do the actual cars.

The new E-Revo looks like a beast. Some of us can enjoy our Arrma and Traxxas models without comparing them. They all have a place in my fleet.
Oh don't get me wrong it looks like Traxxas did their homeworked and beefed up the parts that needed beefing up.
And like I was saying hopefully they have decided to do some updates along the same lines to other models, I would like to see a Summit 2.0 4s brushless with like an 1800kv motor, bigger diffs, 2 speed metal geared trans, thicker Canyon AT tires, metal geared servos and metal cvd axles.

Traxxas has self righting and the truck is drop dead sexy. I've wanted one for years and now it looks like it can actually stand up to some abuse. I will be getting one when I have some extra money. Further, last time I checked traxxas parts were at every hobbystore that is still in existence. Good luck finding arrma parts at a hobby store or at all if you really unlucky. Oh yea, Traxxas pinions don't shear teeth off like butter either.

BTW, My son loves his outcast, but lets be fair here.

Very happy for you, none around here do. They all have a full stock of traxxas parts though. And honestly without the discounts, I don't know how arrma going to compete if this Erevo turns out to be good. 550 price for erevo and outcast is 500? When I got it was like 400 with coupons. For almost the same price, do you buy the product that doesn't have local support and half the time the parts are backordered or do you buy the product that you can walk into any store and be driving again in an hour?

I'll somewhat agree with Rob on this one - at least in terms of parts availability. I can go to one of three hobby shops around my house or office and get parts for my son's stampede or for my slash and redo when I had them. My kraton I am somewhat limited to one LHS. While that shop is the closest to my house, and the biggest of the 3, I really am not a big fan of most of the workers.

As for the self righting - that option only seemed to work on a few models with the right body. It was also destroying diffs - at least when it first came out. Maybe they have refined that a bit over the past year or so. In all fairness, though, you could self right almost any RC under those same conditions (right body, no wing, 4wd) just by going throttle on/throttle off. In reality, Traxxas didn't really "invent" anything there...they were just the smartest/fastest ones to really market it as a "feature".

I'll somewhat agree with Rob on this one - at least in terms of parts availability. I can go to one of three hobby shops around my house or office and get parts for my son's stampede or for my slash and redo when I had them. My kraton I am somewhat limited to one LHS. While that shop is the closest to my house, and the biggest of the 3, I really am not a big fan of most of the workers.

As for the self righting - that option only seemed to work on a few models with the right body. It was also destroying diffs - at least when it first came out. Maybe they have refined that a bit over the past year or so. In all fairness, though, you could self right almost any RC under those same conditions (right body, no wing, 4wd) just by going throttle on/throttle off. In reality, Traxxas didn't really "invent" anything there...they were just the smartest/fastest ones to really market it as a "feature".

But they make it do it itself with just the press of a button.

Very happy for you, none around here do. They all have a full stock of traxxas parts though. And honestly without the discounts, I don't know how arrma going to compete if this Erevo turns out to be good. 550 price for erevo and outcast is 500? When I got it was like 400 with coupons. For almost the same price, do you buy the product that doesn't have local support and half the time the parts are backordered or do you buy the product that you can walk into any store and be driving again in an hour?

New E Revo is $589.99. If it matters

Screenshot_20180213-184051.png

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back