Traxxas E-Revo 2.0

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry but I get a chuckle out of this. If you were comparing the revo to the older LOSI LST trucks then I would agree with you. But these Arrma's aren't all that. There are plenty of parts breaking and plenty of parts that just plain shouldn't break like pinions shearing teeth off. I'll give you the driveline seems pretty tough but the swaybar mounts on the bulkheads are made for a 1/16th truck.

And further, it doesn't matter which one breaks more if they both break and one had parts available and the other doesn't. Arrma parts are always on backorder. Traxxas parts are always available.

Those sway bar mounts are one of my biggest complaints about the Arrma 1/8 scale lineup. What the hell were they thinking with that design?

Sorry but I get a chuckle out of this. If you were comparing the revo to the older LOSI LST trucks then I would agree with you. But these Arrma's aren't all that. There are plenty of parts breaking and plenty of parts that just plain shouldn't break like pinions shearing teeth off. I'll give you the driveline seems pretty tough but the swaybar mounts on the bulkheads are made for a 1/16th truck.

And further, it doesn't matter which one breaks more if they both break and one had parts available and the other doesn't. Arrma parts are always on backorder. Traxxas parts are always available.
Obviously...youre no arrma owner.ive had 3 traxxas and now have 2 arrma.for my part....its like day and night.

I’m a huge fan of Arrma product’s style and RTR durability, but I also appreciate variety in my personal monster truck collection. This updated EREVO should be compared to the Nero instead of the Kraton. The only thing the EREVO and Kraton have in common is the wing, but if you take the wing off the EREVO its basically a neroish monster truck, not a truggy like the Kraton. Just like the HPI Savage Flux and Hobao MTe are very similar monster trucks. With that said, I’m looking forward to the EREVO 2.0. Traxxas updated everything that broke on the 1.0 and extended the wheel base from 14.1” to 14.9” which is the size of the Nero and 3lbs lighter. As much as I love my Nero, I’m anxious to drive the latest EREVO.

I REALLY Like the look of this new 2.0 revo! Tough!

Wish yall would spend less time whining about traxxas...some of have traxxas in our arsenal too.

...maybe arrma forum could have a seperate corner for all the crying...so we stick to more constructive stuff in the chats ...I like the ideas but come on, enough of the bashing.

I think many of us remain unconvinced with Traxxas based on experience, not just opinion.

As with many on these forums, my first (and most frustrating) vehicle was a traxxas - a Stampede 4x4 I converted into a Slash MT. Every conceivable upgrade went into that thing (MIP CVD, all aluminum, RR slipper, proline widetrac, 17mm hex etc) and it still just does not run well... even after I jettisoned the stock electronics . I shudder to think of how much time and money I put into that truck, which I still own but do not run - ever. Even with quality electronics (Sidewinder 8th, Hitec servo etc, 2200kv motor - now since repurposed) you cannot simply overcome a fundamentally poor design. In saying that, I still own a summit, three 2wd stampedes and a newer used slash 4x4 and the aforementioned stampede 4x4.

In the hobby for a decade or so, I now own rc's that reward me when I run them...they don't break and require endless aftermarket support and quite unlike my Traxxas experience....they simply run well. I do have some "higher end" rc's including a Losi 8ight that is pretty pimped out and a Losi SCTE to SCBE conversion and they are in another stratosphere in terms of quality vs traxxas...but I as well have an Arrma Talion (bone stock) and an Arrma Raiderxl. You certainly don't have to own a race level vehicle to experience a quality product...Arrma proves this in spades. Stock out of the box, both Arrma's were vastly more durable (yes even the Raiderxl) than any of my traxxas products and they simply are a joy to drive. The upgrades are just that upgrades and NOT necessities (well maybe a bit with the Raider), and serve to subtly enhance the driving experience vs just make the damn thing driveable. The performance of Arrma vs Traxxas in my experience is not even a question. Again, the Arrmas' simply "drive well".

I have kept my traxxas trucks for a variety of reasons. I give them to my kids to run as at least part support is simple when (not if) they break them and I keep them slow on NIMH. This weekend though my daughter's slash 4x4 ate it's one millionth spur, and the VXL electronics went out after just 6 months (I have replaced them 3 times - at least traxxas customer service is excellent). After trying to make the crappy driveline optimal (3 hours of dissection of the entire car) and once again coming to the realization that the design is simply shite... I think it's time to move on and sell these cars that spend more time in the shop than on the road. Especially when they provide very little entertainment anymore once you experience a good quality RC. Probably I will just keep my Summit (although I have had to replace tons of things to make it reliable) as at least it's hard to break anything when you are going 20mph with a Dewalt conversion.

So, it's not whining. It's warning off our forum members to be careful buying a traxxas vehicle.

The original E Revo was renowned for being brittle and unusable without extensive upgrades. The Xmaxx initial electronics were crap (in fairness so were Arrma's original 1/8 electronics). Just look on the traxxas forums right now - the E Revo 2.0 steering servos are the same crap 2075 PLASTIC servos that strip out in their tiny 1/10 vehicles. This is just the first week after it's release and already the Traxxas forums are lit up with angry customers howling that their new 2.0 is collecting dust as they await their (just as crappy) replacement servos. As well, the best endorsement of the quality of the "ride" for the 2.0 is that it is similar to the last gen e revo but better...not sure if this is really much to brag about. The 1/8 buggy/truggy platform is simply the best platform (racing or bashing) for a reason. Regardless of how inventive the new E Revo looks on paper, it likely won't handle worth beans....at least it has self righting (it will need it).

I would humbly suggest, that unless you are a die hard Traxxas fan boy...wait and see about 3 months to get a sense of the how durable this truck really is before you buy it and how well it performs. Every truck will have issues, but very few large manufacturers have issues with most of their line up of trucks. This is not Tekno, Durango, Losi, or even Arrma...it's Traxxas and their cars have historically been geared towards beginners and upgraders. Perhaps the E Revo will be the exception...but I would wait a few months before you drop a big chunk of cash.

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Let someone else be the sacrificial lamb

Last edited:
Traxxas are a horrible company.....i've been in the RC game since the 80's when Traxxas first reared their ugly head, all they care about is the dollar and are not passionate about RC anymore. They are massive now because of it though so you kind of got to hand it to them.

Lots of people buy them including people i know but they always broke....every run......not worth the money.......

Craziest of all due to America's silly patent laws they are patenting everything RC and throwing a real spanner in the works for lots of other companies.......honestly take a look at what Traxxas have put patents to, things like types of wheel, wheely bars, male to female connectors.....ludicrous......laughable....

Last edited:
Hi

There is at least one major flaw they still did not address and that is the chassis bulkhead mounting points. All they had to do was make a one piece skid plate that ran from the front diff to the back diff to help strengthen the chassis. As for the diffs they look to be standard 1/8th scale diffs. People are also replacing the center drive lines with Summit Drive lines. Another thing to watch out for is the plastic end cap on the motor.

Thanks to Arrma, we can get Revos for a reasonable price now. Thats one of the reasons I never got one before. Stupid expensive pricing.

Thanks to Arrma, we can get Revos for a reasonable price now. Thats one of the reasons I never got one before. Stupid expensive pricing.
Yeah my lhs still sells the old e revo for $649.99.

My local one wants I think full retail for it. I think he said around 600 although I think full retail is 580. I'm sorry, I'd love to support the local shop and I try to for parts if they have them for not stupid markups, but who is going to pay more than online is charging at 550 and get whacked with not insignificant sales tax?

My local one wants I think full retail for it. I think he said around 600 although I think full retail is 580. I'm sorry, I'd love to support the local shop and I try to for parts if they have them for not stupid markups, but who is going to pay more than online is charging at 550 and get whacked with not insignificant sales tax?
Sadly this is what is killing the local hobby store, most of them can't compete with the online side of things, and mine never has the parts I need in stock and I can get them faster then they can.

Not the electric, I had the Revo 3.3, and as you have seen how my rides look after bashing, this one was no different.
I even pinched the piston sleeve, and did a conservative port work (to my surprise it responded well to it) and still ran strong after many gallons, no broken drivetrain, suspension, only a bent rear wheel from a very rough high jump landing. Used to work at this site, and the backyard all it had were small 5 and 6 ft dunes, would make the poor Revo fly and fly until I got tired or ran out of fuel. Ended selling it on Ebay for good amount of money.

ARRMA is a different class, its the truck stance // don't know how the Erevo would be, its just different, same as saying Futaba or Spektrum etc. Later got a Rustler, and also was a cool truck, a little weak for nitro, but ran good for what it was.

Attached is a photo of the Rustler I used to have...

TR002.jpg
Sport8.jpg

The new E-Revo looks like a beast. Some of us can enjoy our Arrma and Traxxas models without comparing them. They all have a place in my fleet.

I bought the new e revo to go in my stable... Its mechanically tough as nails so far except for the mod 1 plastic spur gear Lol.. Why in hell would u upgrade the drive to heavy duty but put a plastic spur gear in it...oh ya ur trashass and don't care about anything but $ the esc cooked today (not that I realy care cuz it's weak and has no adjustability). And the servos lasted the same (3 packs) as the old e revos because they put the same trash 2075 servos in it, the rod ends still pull out, but other then that I've hammered the crap out of it on 6s and no broken drive parts, a arms or any of that stuff and I love how it drives, very smooth and plush

For me, owning a couple of traxxas trucks and few other vehicles, I will say this - wish I would've just bought the arrma versions of these trucks .. My e-revo 1.0 (with every conceivable upgrade) has never even lasted a full set of batteries .. Stuff I see friends and acquaintances doing with the arrma trucks, like the talion, kraton & Nero - I wouldn't even think of doing with my revo and yet it still is broken 90% of the time... Rediculous really .. Just a money pit. .

For me, owning a couple of traxxas trucks and few other vehicles, I will say this - wish I would've just bought the arrma versions of these trucks .. My e-revo 1.0 (with every conceivable upgrade) has never even lasted a full set of batteries .. Stuff I see friends and acquaintances doing with the arrma trucks, like the talion, kraton & Nero - I wouldn't even think of doing with my revo and yet it still is broken 90% of the time... Rediculous really .. Just a money pit. .

Update. So far I've been thru a esc servos a plastic spur gear and rear center drive shaft (PLASTIC JUST Shows how much traxxas cares about durability) the ball pulled out of the left front lower a arm then after I thread taped and glued it back in to where it wouldn't pull out anymore ( no choice at that time there were no parts available at all for it) it started pulling out of the steering block witch are a horrible design by the way no meat to them so they wear out fast ( I'm sure traxxas designs them that way on purpose to sell more parts like with most of there stuff)and all the minor wear n tare stuff from 6s bashing , cracked a rim bent a push rod. And just to clarify I hate traxxas as a corporation and every other truck they make that I've drove there poorly designed made of bubble gum n tooth picks and they could care less about anything but money and it sucks because this e revo could have been so much better it jumps great handles great its smooth as butter and is a lot of fun to bash and I've ran atleast 40 packs thru it now and the point they emphasized they fixed (diffs) are holding up great but if it came with steel spur gear and center drive shafts a even halfway decent servo,esc,ect. It could b up there with armma (witch for anyone who hasn't heard was bought out by horizon hobbies recently) don't get me wrong I own all the current armma 1/8 scale trucks because there the best bang for your buck by far! I also have a couple losi trucks and there nice 2, but the way traxxas made it sound wasn't the way it really was and after having to sue armma over a b.s. patent that they shouldn't even have the rite to own (race cars have been using lay down suspension since forever)because armma was shutting down there sales when ppl realized u shouldn't have to replace half the parts on ur truck every time u use it u think they would figure it out n get with the program...but I guess they just figure a lot of there sales come from ppl who only know there name or just know no better oh ya and the brand loyal idiots (I don't care if Mattel toys comes out with the best trucks that's what I'll buy lol) or there just content to try and sue everyone else that makes better trucks. Heck I only bought the new revo to see if they figured it out yet...but I just happened to lv it as a platform
Oh ya... by the way do not use the auto flip it destroys the drive cups on the reverse side real quick...n i mean real quick!

Update. So far I've been thru a esc servos a plastic spur gear and rear center drive shaft (PLASTIC JUST Shows how much traxxas cares about durability) the ball pulled out of the left front lower a arm then after I thread taped and glued it back in to where it wouldn't pull out anymore ( no choice at that time there were no parts available at all for it) it started pulling out of the steering block witch are a horrible design by the way no meat to them so they wear out fast ( I'm sure traxxas designs them that way on purpose to sell more parts like with most of there stuff)and all the minor wear n tare stuff from 6s bashing , cracked a rim bent a push rod. And just to clarify I hate traxxas as a corporation and every other truck they make that I've drove there poorly designed made of bubble gum n tooth picks and they could care less about anything but money and it sucks because this e revo could have been so much better it jumps great handles great its smooth as butter and is a lot of fun to bash and I've ran atleast 40 packs thru it now and the point they emphasized they fixed (diffs) are holding up great but if it came with steel spur gear and center drive shafts a even halfway decent servo,esc,ect. It could b up there with armma (witch for anyone who hasn't heard was bought out by horizon hobbies recently) don't get me wrong I own all the current armma 1/8 scale trucks because there the best bang for your buck by far! I also have a couple losi trucks and there nice 2, but the way traxxas made it sound wasn't the way it really was and after having to sue armma over a b.s. patent that they shouldn't even have the rite to own (race cars have been using lay down suspension since forever)because armma was shutting down there sales when ppl realized u shouldn't have to replace half the parts on ur truck every time u use it u think they would figure it out n get with the program...but I guess they just figure a lot of there sales come from ppl who only know there name or just know no better oh ya and the brand loyal idiots (I don't care if Mattel toys comes out with the best trucks that's what I'll buy lol) or there just content to try and sue everyone else that makes better trucks. Heck I only bought the new revo to see if they figured it out yet...but I just happened to lv it as a platform
Oh ya... by the way do not use the auto flip it destroys the drive cups on the reverse side real quick...n i mean real quick!

For what it's worth, I only bought the ERBE because when the opportunity came up - the NERO was already pulled from the shelves and the 2.0 ERBE was just talk... The NERO just seemed to take an absurd amount of abuse without breaking - much the same as i've seen with the kraton and talion - but I too absolutely loved the platform design with the cantilever shock system - the almost hybrid monster truck with truggy like handling was what i was after - and frankly I had wanted an ERBE since forever (10yrs I'd estimate) but wasn't in a position to actually buy one (including all the lipo support - as i was running nitro stuff prior), of course I had heard about the weak diffs but otherwise I heard it was a killer truck - now, owning it for some time - they should've told me it was a killer shelf queen - broken diff cases, rpm bumpers ripping out, broken mounts (which hold the pins in) broken trx cvds, wheelie bars, destroying aluminum skid plates, ripped out pillow balls - and all from ground running and tiny jumps - not jumps that get you real air - but 1ft ramps, on grass, from awkward landings (off angle) - from a nose or tail landing from only 3-4ft - really - i'd sell it in a second and buy a NERO if i didn't think in a year's time I'd be hard pressed to find replacement parts when they finally did break.. but all that said - now that my erbe is all decked out from all the upgrades - i just don't want to sell it - but i do want a truck to actually have fun with and not break 3mins in to a run everytime costing me 3-8hrs of repair time and tons of money in parts...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back