Senton Traxxas fail again?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rbjoseph25

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Anyone read about the new $800 Traxxas UDR 6s? Up to 50mph on 6s.... Can't wait to see this thing vs the senton v3. I just can't see paying that for it.

The senton is tiny compared to the UDR. The slash would be a much more accurate comparison. The UDR is also a lot more of a scale replica than the senton or the slash.

With that said, there have already been quite a few breakages popping up on the Traxxas forums. Some of them are surprising and not on vehicles being driven all that hard. One person traction rolled it and broke a trailing arm.

Overall, it's a really cool looking, and big, scale replica. I'm sure there will be bugs to work out and I'm sure the aftermarket will thrive from it.

The senton is tiny compared to the UDR. The slash would be a much more accurate comparison. The UDR is also a lot more of a scale replica than the senton or the slash.

With that said, there have already been quite a few breakages popping up on the Traxxas forums. Some of them are surprising and not on vehicles being driven all that hard. One person traction rolled it and broke a trailing arm.

Overall, it's a really cool looking, and big, scale replica. I'm sure there will be bugs to work out and I'm sure the aftermarket will thrive from it.

I understand about the surprise breakages. I had a front lower control arm on my senton v3 break on my first, and only, run. I thought it was flat surface, but there was a small bump covered by grass that I didn't see, hit it at full speed and it thew the back end out. Seems like it took 5 minutes to stop cartwheeling. Now I'm waiting on my replacement to get here.

I didn't realize the Traxxas was so big. But I've always been hard on Traxxas. To me, they're kinda like apple phones or snap on tools. You're buying a name. I found arrma and just kind of fell in love.

It's really big. Not quite as big as the 1/6th Losi Baja Rey but much bigger than a senton or slash.
40784623412_cd944975d0_h.jpg

I'm all for ripping on things that suck but I do like it to be a fair comparison. As easy it is to hate on Traxxas - and it is pretty easy - they have done a lot for the industry and hobby. They have also done a ton for the economy in way of aftermarket part suppliers/manufacturers. I, generally speaking, will always judge a vehicle on the vehicle itself - not the maker. Arrma makes some fantastic R/C's but let's be fair here...they have also made a few duds.

Personally, I think the UDR is really an extremely nice looking vehicle. The scale realism is fantastic (much like their TRX4). I just think that there are some refinements that are needed. It took for friggin ever for them to fix the e-revo diff problem but they did finally come around in that department.

I had a go of it at my LHS just for giggles. I don't know WTH was wrong with the thing but it had the weirdest soft launch, like if I fully pulled the trigger it would take about a half a second to move. I had the same problem with my X-Maxx when a pebble got stuck inside the motor :eek:. But that thing was brand new out the box & the ESC was not on training mode. It looks sweet, but it's just another turd.

It only did it when I launched full throttle. If I pulled the trigger normally it would move like it should. The front tires also turn a great deal faster than the rears. That makes it pull into turns great w/o fishtailing too much. It looks like the front wheels are actually geared up to do so. I don't think that extra gearing will hold up to the stress of 6S over time but it certainly delivered - now if only it didn't have so many plastic parts or that incompetent ESC. . .

Last edited:
It's really big. Not quite as big as the 1/6th Losi Baja Rey but much bigger than a senton or slash.
40784623412_cd944975d0_h.jpg

I'm all for ripping on things that suck but I do like it to be a fair comparison. As easy it is to hate on Traxxas - and it is pretty easy - they have done a lot for the industry and hobby. They have also done a ton for the economy in way of aftermarket part suppliers/manufacturers. I, generally speaking, will always judge a vehicle on the vehicle itself - not the maker. Arrma makes some fantastic R/C's but let's be fair here...they have also made a few duds.

Personally, I think the UDR is really an extremely nice looking vehicle. The scale realism is fantastic (much like their TRX4). I just think that there are some refinements that are needed. It took for friggin ever for them to fix the e-revo diff problem but they did finally come around in that department.

Jesus! It's huge! I can agree with that. My first RC was a rustler. That was before I knew about brands. I think it was back in 95. When it was cool to have an RC that would actually go in grass. I've been researching for months. And finally pulled the trigger on the senton v3. This is also my first time experiencing a center diff. It takes some getting used to, but it does a good job keeping the truck planted. One thing I don't understand, Why did arrma put sway bars on the v2, but not the v3? Oh, and the dboot tires. My front ones are bald after my first run with it. Badlands SC tires otw. .

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back