Traxxas forum still down!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While it does seem harder to navigate, it will just take getting used to. No problems there.

Its way to white. While the ARRMA forums is very white as well, at least here we have some color, and we have theme options.

The TRX forum is also very simple looking. Great minimalism, but it seems to lack features with text formatting (looks).

Also, I've never been able to figure out how to add a profile pic on the old forum (still wondering how to do it). Now I added one in under 1 minute (our burnt wood pile)
I think it's easier for newcomers to navigate, since there is a navigation tab on the right. To add a profile pic on the old version, you have to go to "forum actions" on the top tab, click on "edit profile", and click "edit avatar". I can see how it's hard, since the "forum actions" tab is hidden all the way on the top. It's much easier on the newer version.

While it does seem harder to navigate, it will just take getting used to. No problems there.

Its way to white. While the ARRMA forums is very white as well, at least here we have some color, and we have theme options.

The TRX forum is also very simple looking. Great minimalism, but it seems to lack features with text formatting (looks).

Also, I've never been able to figure out how to add a profile pic on the old forum (still wondering how to do it). Now I added one in under 1 minute (our burnt wood pile)
Calm down dude. @WoodiE as thought about that we before the "fastest name in RC" has. Click on the little bulb and BAMN!
1622675068279.png

The looks of the new forum is the base template of the new board software. They have only uploaded their own logo in the header and that's about it. A base template is fine as it should showcase functionality and estethics of the software and nothing more.

As long as it works, the rest of the templating/theming will come I suppose.

On the other hand, my 20+ years as Linux System Engineer are raising several red flags in my gut as to how they approached this migration...

Haven't been on there for months so not missing anything. Arrma, fastest name in radio control. 😁

What would make a company decide to migrate their forum just after a major product launch? One they had been teasing for months mind.

They had just announced the price of the drag slash at $500. Then the forum goes down for a week, and when it comes back up there’s not one post I could see about the price whatsoever.

Plus, as far as I’m aware, any mention of migrating to a new forum platform only came days after the site was taken down. It said, down for maintenance, then just site is down, for about three or four days.

The timing seems suspiciously like they poked everyone with a stick and then ran away from a fight in my mind. 🤣

Last edited:
Its one of the most popular subjects 🤣🤣🤣

View attachment 150457
Wait its a super dead forrum. Dam
Yeah, it's not nearly as busy as this place these days...

They really need to add a dark theme and fix a few other things as it's a pain to get around on there. I installed an extension called "Dark Reader" just so I wouldn't go blind any time I log in there. lol!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back