Traxxas Hoss servo horn help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FireDrake001

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon Mega
I have a really durable Team Corally servo that strips out my servo horns rather then break gears in the servo (in my Traxxas Hoss). I do not want a aluminum one because that could break the servo as the servo horn won't strip and the blow will redirect to the servo. Does anyone know where I can buy several plastic servo horns for it? Traxxas only has a set with pieces I don't need, but I only want the servo horns not the Bellcranks.

A 25t or a 26t plastic spline will almost feel the same while pushing it on depending on brands. First thing obviously is to buy the right spline and make sure the spline on the servo is not stripped out. Kimbrough makes good horn savers.

The truck has a servo saver built in the bell crank, just use a metal servo horn. I've not had any problems running a metal servo horn in my Slashpede 4x4(same platform as the Hoss only difference is the chassis, bumpers, center driveshaft, body, wheels and tires.) The bell crank will break before the servo does and a new bell crank is rather inexpensive.

The truck has a servo saver built in the bell crank, just use a metal servo horn. I've not had any problems running a metal servo horn in my Slashpede 4x4(same platform as the Hoss only difference is the chassis, bumpers, center driveshaft, body, wheels and tires.) The bell crank will break before the servo does and a new bell crank is rather inexpensive.
Great! Thanks for that info I had not considered that. Do you have a metal servo horn recommendation?

I was wondering the same thing, op said he didn’t want the one in the bell crank. 🤷‍♂️ whatever’s…🤓

Aluminum here too. It's just one of the cheap generic horns that come with the DS servos. No problems. I did have to cut the end off the horn to prevent interference with the bulkhead brace though.

16749356159318665251433939110798.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back