Traxxas received antenna replacement

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigtim29

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
  2. Talion
Hi, the antenna in my old traxxas tq receiver is all sorts of screwed up and range is super limited. Are there any drop in antennas for it?

I'm not sure, but unless you want to crack it open and likely solder on a new antenna, you're probably better off buying a new receiver. Looks like they're available many places for $30 new.

You can shorten it and leave the right amount of wire exposed at the end. It's a thin coaxial cable and the part that matters is the unshielded bit at the end. I fixed a spektrum tx antenna this way. Can't remember the length though. Quarter of 2.4GHz wavelength or something :)

You can shorten it and leave the right amount of wire exposed at the end. It's a thin coaxial cable and the part that matters is the unshielded bit at the end. I fixed a spektrum tx antenna this way. Can't remember the length though. Quarter of 2.4GHz wavelength or something :)
I measured the Traxxas TQ RECEIVER, MICRO, 2.4GHZ 3 CHANNEL, Model: Traxxas 6519, at the tip.
The dimensions I found using a digital caliper are:
55.20mm (from tip of wire, to edge of metal ground, where it meets the black coaxial)
29.20mm (from tip of wire to the point where ground sleeve and wire meet)
26.00mm (from point where ground sleeve and wire meet, to point where ground meets black coaxial)

I would have expected the wire protruding from the tip to be the same length as the ground sleeve, but these are the measurements. Then, I am not a radio expert. Just a guy with the antenna in question, and a set of calipers.

I took the effort of making a photo with the dimensions drawn out, unfortunately, I am not sure how to display that here.
My original issue was also loss of range, but I have found that the reason on mine was a kinked coaxial.
Hope the measurement helps.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back