Traxxas Rustler 4x4

Thread starter #1

KevBar40

Arrma RC's
Kraton
075C346B-A059-4F5A-92B1-A10F3B5A4499.jpeg Is anyone excited about Traxxas making a Rustler 4x4?
I know that Traxxas is kind of frowned upon around here but I’m sure tons of us have at least one of their vehicles in our stable.
The Rustler is one of my favorite rc’s. I bought one from a young kid who put it through hell and back and I slowly brought it back to life via every single part on it.
That’s the kicker with it though. You have to change everything.
I guess that is why I love it so much. I’ve been a part of its evolution so to speak.
Hopefully Traxxas gets it right with the new 4x4 because I don’t want to have to dump as much money into it as I did the previous one.
Tell me guys, what are your thoughts on the new model and do you feel Traxxas’ new faze is going in the right direction?
I sure do

Krathead

Arrma RC's
Kraton
I think Traxxas has its place and the Rustler 4X4 has them heading in the right direction. I like my rustler but I find the slash is much better. I am getting rid of the Rustler and keeping the slash as a backup to my Kraton until I find something to replace it with that I just have to have.. To be honest I doubt I will ever buy a Traxxas again. I'm not going to talk down about them. They have their place and do a good job of what they do. I just feel I have moved past that place. Good job Traxxas. I might have bought one a year ago.

olds97_lss

Premium Member!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
I have 5 traxxas trucks, 2 nitro revos, brushless revo, stampede vxl 4x4 and a converted eJato. If I didn't have the eJato, I'd be all over the 4wd rustler like white on rice. Still might be something I pick up at some point. Just don't know where I'd put it... my rack is full. :( :)

tjf

Arrma RC's
Kraton
It is a good problem to not have enough room for so many rc's.

Thread starter #6

KevBar40

Arrma RC's
Kraton
I completely agree with the lawsuit F-ing things up for us stateside and I did go through the whole grrrr traxxas thing but they are hard to deny when your lhs stocks everything for them and a small box for the other guys.
Traxxas is like Harley Davidson or Honda. The aftermarket is flooded with items for their product and the way I see it, RPM and Proline and Hot Racing make more money off me than Traxxas does. I’m sure there maybe a cut involved but I don’t know those specifics.
I do know that I have a blast with my son driving my Kraton and Rustler at the park and if they offer a 4x4 version I may swap the old out for the new.

bicketybam

Premium Member!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Arrma RC's
Granite, Kraton, Senton, Typhon, 4x4-Mega
I have never owned one. When I bought my Savage X years ago I used to get ragged on by the Revo owners. Sort of turned me off to them (unfairly, I’ll admit). Now that I’m back into the hobby I’ve read about their unethical business practices and I decided not to give them my money if possible. My LHS is filled floor to ceiling with their trucks. But I just won’t. I have 6 trucks as it is and for now that is enough.

slick2500

Premium Member!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Arrma RC's
Outcast
I would like to have one but don't want to pay 399.00
I would rather buy a Hobao Hyper TTe than buy the Rustler 4x4. Standard 1/8 buggy layout scaled down to 1/10, 3 diffs, steel mod 1 gears, steel center dog bones, steel rear dogbones, steel front CVAs, front pillow ball suspension and it would run circles around the 4x4 Rustler.

sevin7

Arrma RC's
Outcast
I just bought a Notorious (arriving next week). I have a massively upgraded Slash 4x4 and Stampede 4x4. The Traxxas 1/10th scale vehicles suck for their price. The 4x4 VXL versions are $400 and they cannot run 3s without major heat issues and constantly failing drive shafts. The included plastic shocks are also garbage. The Rustler 4x4 has thicker plastic drive shafts but I bet they still suck. It also has upgraded tires and a new body mounting system is a upgrade, but its still going to require at least $200 in upgrades for decent shocks and drive shafts that can handle 3s power and it will still have heat issues even with added fans and heatsink. Its just not worth the money. I wish I would have known better before buying the vehicles I now have. The E-revo 2.0 provides much better bang for your buck than the Traxxas 1/10th 4x4 VXL cars, but I chose Arrma over the E-revo 2.0 (my friend has one and it has constant issues).

slick2500

Premium Member!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Arrma RC's
Outcast
I just bought a Notorious (arriving next week). I have a massively upgraded Slash 4x4 and Stampede 4x4. The Traxxas 1/10th scale vehicles suck for their price. The 4x4 VXL versions are $400 and they cannot run 3s without major heat issues and constantly failing drive shafts. The included plastic shocks are also garbage. The Rustler 4x4 has thicker plastic drive shafts but I bet they still suck. It also has upgraded tires and a new body mounting system is a upgrade, but its still going to require at least $200 in upgrades for decent shocks and drive shafts that can handle 3s power and it will still have heat issues even with added fans and heatsink. Its just not worth the money. I wish I would have known better before buying the vehicles I now have. The E-revo 2.0 provides much better bang for your buck than the Traxxas 1/10th 4x4 VXL cars, but I chose Arrma over the E-revo 2.0 (my friend has one and it has constant issues).
I saw a post someplace else where someone has already snapped one of those plastic driveshafts.