Traxxas Sledge 1/8th scale monster truck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now put a circle on the box where it says “no upgrades required”
Here is the big difference, the Sledge box doesn't say no upgrades required. You have to remember that was leaked marketing material that we the public were never meant to see, now imagine all the private marketing material that other brands including Arrma send out that we never get to see.

Is there anything at all about the Slugdge that makes it worth paying extra for when the Kraton is so much cheaper? Other than having a strong brand preference?
Currently no. If they can get the motor mount situation fixed and drop the price a couple hundred bucks it might be worth getting over a Kraton. I know I personally have no interest in it at all.

What this thread seems to have shifted too is who lies more than the other.

Who lies more isn’t even a question at this point, merely a distraction out of frustration from trx fans having to argue from an indefensible position. This has been made consistently obvious over the last 34 pages

want to guess which one?
Arrma... "designed tough" "exb" "7075" "full option roller"...vs "No upgrades required" "+70mph". Anyone who can count can see that arrma has 5 big lies on their kraton (I can't count apparently) and traxxas only has 2 big lie on the sledge...

Also y'all can't spell right it is spelled sledge not sludge (In writing this post I seriously spelled spelled as speeled)

Arrma... "designed tough" "exb" "7075" "full option roller"...vs "No upgrades required" "+70mph". Anyone who can count can see that arrma has 5 big lies on their kraton (I can't count apparently) and traxxas only has 2 big lie on the sledge...

Also y'all can't spell right it is spelled sledge not sludge (In writing this post I seriously spelled spelled as speeled)
I’d love to see your logic behind Arrmas 5 big lies.

Prove it.

Explain how you’ve jumped from subjective opinion to an easily provable falsehood.

This should be entertaining 😀

So how long does it usually take for new trucks to go "on sale"? People in here say they are waiting like it comes quick. Not talking smack. Seriously interested in the general time frame. I'm just getting back into the hobby.

TBF, Traxxas would have to be insane to use this as actual marketing. It's not only all lies on the Sledge but it also shows how much of a bargain the Kraton is if you want to compare apples to apple (or RTRs to RTRs)

2022-0316-sledgeVSkraton-pricingComparison.jpg

NO UPGRADES NEEDED: covered already

High-Strength Chassis: Calling 3.2mm 6061-T6 high-strength is seriously incompetent. Comparing it to a $130 upgrade which is M2C's 4mm 7075-T6 is downright offensive. BTW, the normal Kraton chassis is 3mm 6061-T6. So if Bumping up the thickness 0.2mm & giving it a few indents puts it in the realm of M2C's chassis, then it's a total win. GJ Traxxas :rolleyes:

Accessory Servo: 400 in/oz & fairly slow puts it right below a servo you can get on Amazon for $25 that has more torque & is faster. A $35 coreless 35kg servo blows it completely out of the water.

Premium Tires: Just no, wake me up when people aren't ripping them up on the 2nd run. The Kraton tires are actually pretty good bashing tires. They're not too good for backflipping but they're definitely much better than the other 2 pitiful tires that came on prior versions.

Full-Featured Radio System: That trash might as well be programmed with machine code. It does have a bluetooth accessory that makes it decent, but to compare that to radios that already have that built-in & not full of useless gimmicks is just more blatant incompetence.

So how long does it usually take for new trucks to go "on sale"? People in here say they are waiting like it comes quick. Not talking smack. Seriously interested in the general time frame. I'm just getting back into the hobby.
You can usually find Arrmas on sale a few times a year especially around the holidays. As far as time between a new release and a distributor or HH reducing the price for a sale, I’d guess probably within a year(?) ish, maybe less.
Older models cycling through various -$50 to -$100 discounts for a limited time, perhaps 3 or 4 times a year for Arrmas lineup.

Last week you could pick up a Kraton v5 for $490 on Amazon. A few weeks before that I was seeing discounts on 1/5th scales of -$100

Anyone know the last time Traxxas had a sale?
😎

Anyone know the last time Traxxas had a sale?

A couple of months ago.

Something weird is going on at Horizon. A year ago you couldn't get anything in stock. Now, they're blowing out almost every model from every brand -- Arrma, Axial, Losi, TLR, Spektrum... everything has been on sale the last month or two trying to clear out stock. They've also not really come out with anything truly NEW from any of their brands.

I think the RC market as a whole has slowed considerably this year.

Last edited:
I think the RC market as a whole has slowed considerably this year.

My intuition is that it was slowing up until the pandemic (Hobbico bankruptcy etc. is evidence of this), then experienced a bit of a resurgence as people were looking for things to do at home, but with that popularity spike now waning and combined with the hits experienced by local hobby shops and tracks due to COVID, we may be in for an accelerated ride downward. Hope not but something weird does seem to be going on.

I like Arrma as much as the next guy but lets be honest here price and Traxxas shady business practices aside at the end of the day Arrmas cars are no better than Traxxas and thanks to Horizon Hobby we are getting forced into proprietary garbage that I can only foresee getting worse before it ever gets better.

The 6s Arrma platform is great base for making an awesome basher, you just need a lot of aftermarket parts to get there. The 3s platform eh they tried it sucks and needs a complete revamp.

So is the Sledge ever going to end up on Amazon? I'm sitting on over $300 in GCs.

Why not by something cheaper instead? Have you looked at Corally? Cheaper than Arrma but still better than Traxxas. www.corallyforums.com a bunch of us from here are over there too.

Why not by something cheaper instead? Have you looked at Corally? Cheaper than Arrma but still better than Traxxas. www.corallyforums.com a bunch of us from here are over there too.

Well I'm still leaning Kraton EXB 6s full build but the I've always had HPI or Traxxas stuff. The Sledge is nice since it's an RTR and saves me from going balls out and speading $2000ish. I go back and forth on Kraton EXB 8s too. Team Corally doesn't have the parts support locally yet for me. Arrma or Traxxas for now.
You can use Amazon pay on Amain if that helps you out at all.
You can't use Amazon GC balance through it.

Last edited:
Back