Traxxas to Arrma Battery Connection

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chrizh

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hey all, in anticipation of my first Arrma in January. Can anyone advise, what battery connection is needed for Arrma? I have a number of Traxxas batteries which I would like to use to save money on having to purchase additional LiPo so looking to buy a connector adaptor from TRX to ???

Many thanks

If you check the specs or manual for the Arrma you're thinking of getting it should tell you what connector. I know for the 6s trucks it's the XT90 connector. I personally would not use an adapter just cut off the TRX connector and solder on new XT90s if the wire is long enough. Adapters usually create resistance which in turn creates heat and loss of performance. Good luck, whichever way you go!

What model exactly are you getting. Make sure to check the recommended C rating for it. Most traxxas batteries I've had are only 25c and their claims of "50c burst" are usually bogus. Maybe on the first second or two after you hit the throttle but that's about it. :D Most of the bigger Arrmas recommend at least a 35C or higher.

I ran into the same when I got my Notorious, I didn't want to spend any additional money on batteries since I had my Traxxas batteries and charger. I simply put Traxxas connectors on the Arrma ESC. Problem solved, been running 6S with the two Traxxas 3S batteries. Not a single issue or lack of power.

TBH, you might want to try the EC5 instead. I run traxxas connectors on all my stuff and they tend to pop apart on lawn dart landings. Especially with the outcast. I have a feeling it happens most on it because I bash it the hardest of all my trucks. I'm thinking of switching over to xt90's. xt90's are a lot less fussy to solder up anyway. The traxxas ones require you to get the solder just perfect or they won't push the blades in far enough. I solder mine, then always use a dremel to shape it down so it fits. When I made a couple charging cables so a buddy of mine could use my charger with xt90's, I found them to be way quicker/easier to solder up properly.

TBH, you might want to try the EC5 instead. I run traxxas connectors on all my stuff and they tend to pop apart on lawn dart landings. Especially with the outcast. I have a feeling it happens most on it because I bash it the hardest of all my trucks. I'm thinking of switching over to xt90's. xt90's are a lot less fussy to solder up anyway. The traxxas ones require you to get the solder just perfect or they won't push the blades in far enough. I solder mine, then always use a dremel to shape it down so it fits. When I made a couple charging cables so a buddy of mine could use my charger with xt90's, I found them to be way quicker/easier to solder up properly.
What do you do about the balance leads on the Traxxas batteries if you want to switch connectors?

What do you do about the balance leads on the Traxxas batteries if you want to switch connectors?
Ah, forgot about the traxxas ID connectors. I have the older traxxas style connectors on my packs and esc's, which will plug into the ID connectors for the main power leads, but to balance charge them, you need the special ID charge leads.

Personally, on my traxxas ID 3S/5000mah lipo's, I opened up the end of the packs and desoldered the leads then installed normal balance plugs and the older style traxxas plug. That said, they didn't hold up at all on my outcast. One puffed on my first run and I didn't even get down to LVC. I still use the other one in my e-jato. I had a pair of the 2872X packs for when I first got my ERBE, but I never used them because after ordering the truck/packs, I ran across many threads with people having issues running 6S on that truck with the drivetrain. So, before the truck showed up, I had already ordered a set of SMC 2S 9000mah lipos to use.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back