SOLD / FOUND Traxxas Velineon VXL-3M ESC & 380 Brushless Motor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lipo-joe

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Granite Grom
  3. Outcast 4s
  4. Vendetta
My mini E-Revo got a power transplant.
Selling the motor/ESC combo.

Less than a dozen packs thru it - Perfect working condition.

$80 shipped in the US

IMG_3644.jpg

My mini E-Revo got a power transplant.
Selling the motor/ESC combo.

Less than a dozen packs thru it - Perfect working condition.

$80 shipped in the US

View attachment 270562
May I ask what system did you replaced it with and what driveshafts are you using so that they don't pop out?

I went with the Mamba Micro X2 8200Kv.
never had any issue with the driveshafts.

I went with the Mamba Micro X2 8200Kv.
never had any issue with the driveshafts.
Hmm, I have one, ran it only on 2s ever since I bought it. After less than 8 battery packs it popped one from the rear ones. I did bought 3s batteries later on but now I'm worried to even try. So you on the stock plastic ones?

Hmm, I have one, ran it only on 2s ever since I bought it. After less than 8 battery packs it popped one from the rear ones. I did bought 3s batteries later on but now I'm worried to even try. So you on the stock plastic ones?

yes
all stock (except for the motor / ESC)

Get the 1/16 Summit driveshafts or if money is no object the Traxxas cvds. And do not run it on 3s everything will break.

Get the 1/16 Summit driveshafts or if money is no object the Traxxas cvds. And do not run it on 3s everything will break.

May I ask what's the difference between the summit ones and the merv ones? They both look like the same plastic to me. I did bought the gpm metal ones since they were cheaper and beffier than Traxxas cvd's, but it's all accumulating dust for now, no time to work on it still. I also have a rustler 4x4 vxl and had exactly the same issues with the stock plastic axles. Have a arrma vorteks and the same problem too. These stock plastic cvd's are way too much problem for these cars, that's a reason why I didn't bought the Maxx either. Meanwhile in my kraton, talion and nero, all 6s models no problems with those.

May I ask what's the difference between the summit ones and the merv ones? They both look like the same plastic to me. I did bought the gpm metal ones since they were cheaper and beffier than Traxxas cvd's, but it's all accumulating dust for now, no time to work on it still. I also have a rustler 4x4 vxl and had exactly the same issues with the stock plastic axles. Have a arrma vorteks and the same problem too. These stock plastic cvd's are way too much problem for these cars, that's a reason why I didn't bought the Maxx either. Meanwhile in my kraton, talion and nero, all 6s models no problems with those.

Yes the Summit ones are still plastic but are a bit beefier than the Merv ones. It's literally comparing the stock Arrma 3s driveshafts to their cvds.

This is what the Merv ones look like.

1674238481123.png

These are the Summit ones.

1674238524121.png

1674238515644.png

And don't get me started on the 3s driveshafts, that style of driveshaft has been known to have a weakness for 20 years prior to Arrma releases the 1/10 4x4 platform, they felt the need to reinvent the wheel when it came to the rest of the car but went with those same crappy universal joint plastic crap driveshafts that everyone else uses.

Yes the Summit ones are still plastic but are a bit beefier than the Merv ones. It's literally comparing the stock Arrma 3s driveshafts to their cvds.

This is what the Merv ones look like.

View attachment 271486

These are the Summit ones.

View attachment 271489

View attachment 271488

And don't get me started on the 3s driveshafts, that style of driveshaft has been known to have a weakness for 20 years prior to Arrma releases the 1/10 4x4 platform, they felt the need to reinvent the wheel when it came to the rest of the car but went with those same crappy universal joint plastic crap driveshafts that everyone else uses.
Hmm interesting, I already bough gpm ones, should they fail I'll try those. I feel the same about the arrma 3s line shafts, I did bough a pair of upgraded arrma cvd's (pricy) and Hot Racing ones (pricier) but haven't installed em yet either. Thanks for the feedback and tip. Free bump for seller.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back