Traxxas vs Hobbico Lawsuit is done..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schuey

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Senton 6s
I was asked this in another forum.. so i thought i would post here.. i have been following the Traxxas/Hobbico lawsuit since day 1.. and my gosh its been a lot of paperwork to read.. but here is the 9 page settlement document from my PACER court access .
http://upshotservices.s3.amazonaws....d7f7/56d5601a-6358-4a64-86e0-9fa103b57b2a.pdf
There is another document where a judge has to grant the settlement and which i can tell you he does.. im just too lazy to sift back thru that paperwork atm.. but if anyone really wants it .. ill post it.. or any other documents from the court case or Hobbico chapter 11 with Horizon Hobbies buying them out.. I was also following that court case.. Yes ,Arrma parts and cars are back in stock with Towerhobbies.com .. Horizon is keeping Tower as a face for the products.. and you can still buy Arrma on ez pay.. but sadly no more coupons.. and Horizon did kill the coupons.. they aren't worth a hoot now.. anyways.. take care and let me know if anyone wants anymore documents. ( Yes.. its Legal for you to be viewing this.. it is public information )

Thank God it's over. Arrma needs to come out with a X-Maxx killer now to make some more money (making sure they keep a eye out on patents) lol.

I was asked this in another forum.. so i thought i would post here.. i have been following the Traxxas/Hobbico lawsuit since day 1.. and my gosh its been a lot of paperwork to read.. but here is the 9 page settlement document from my PACER court access .
http://upshotservices.s3.amazonaws....d7f7/56d5601a-6358-4a64-86e0-9fa103b57b2a.pdf
There is another document where a judge has to grant the settlement and which i can tell you he does.. im just too lazy to sift back thru that paperwork atm.. but if anyone really wants it .. ill post it.. or any other documents from the court case or Hobbico chapter 11 with Horizon Hobbies buying them out.. I was also following that court case.. Yes ,Arrma parts and cars are back in stock with Towerhobbies.com .. Horizon is keeping Tower as a face for the products.. and you can still buy Arrma on ez pay.. but sadly no more coupons.. and Horizon did kill the coupons.. they aren't worth a hoot now.. anyways.. take care and let me know if anyone wants anymore documents. ( Yes.. its Legal for you to be viewing this.. it is public information )
Traxxas sucks! They were offended mainly by the sales, reviews and the durability of Arrma products. In my opinion. Arrma all the way! Never will own a Traxxas junk product again.

this is really weird if it´s all about the design of the shocks. fazon and nero are still sold with it? what have i missed ?

Because of the frivolous Traxxass lawsuit the Nero platform was discontinued, which includes the 6s Fazon and BigRock.

They need to come out with a X-Maxx killer and a truggified typhon platform. I want a truggified but I don’t want to buy one and convert because I think they will eventually release one...just don’t know when. I’ve even thought about trading my Tekno off for one.

Selling isn't the issue, it's production. Once the ones already out in circulation have been sold there won't be anymore. Same goes for parts

Selling isn't the issue, it's production. Once the ones already out in circulation have been sold there won't be anymore. Same goes for parts
If that's the case then its local hobby stores that have the inventory. According to the chapter 11 paperwork.. Hobbico had to surrender all of any existing Nero or Fazon parts and kits to be destroyed by Traxxas..

They need to come out with a X-Maxx killer and a truggified typhon platform. I want a truggified but I don’t want to buy one and convert because I think they will eventually release one...just don’t know when. I’ve even thought about trading my Tekno off for one.
I don't know if they will release one. I believe that it is just a short wheelbase with Kraton arms and hubs and everything and with 2.8 rims and tires, isn't it? If so, isn't a truggified Typhon basically just an Outcast/Notorious with 2.8s instead of 3.8s and a buggy body? I know that the diffs are spiral cut instead of straight cut and different shocks, but they are very close to the same. So that may be the cheaper approach to take if buying new. I could be completely wrong as I haven't truggified my Typhob but I believe that is really the only differences.

dang! i just caught up on this story.. glad i didn't buy a traxxas. i hate patent trolls; also makes me hate* arrma less.

hate=i don't really hate them... i love the brand/but hate on how much my rc breaks.

Last edited:
Yes, I'm necro'ing an old thread...
I'm not a patent lawyer here, but does this expiration mean that the Nero platform would potentially be legal for sale after the expiration of the shock patent?

https://patents.google.com/patent/US7883099B2/en

says it's 23 July 2023...
Unfortunately, Nero is gone forever, that's what Jason (the founder of Arrma) said in the interview. Btw, they adjusted the expiration date to May 23, 2026
1626282865462.png

The Diff-Brain system is patent by Arrma, hopefully, one-day Arrma will resurrect it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back