Kraton Traxxas Wheels on 1/8 Kraton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Creodo

Reaction score
Hey all,

So I recently got some traxxas paddle tires (supporting the enemy I know) for my 1/8 Kraton EXB and I realized that the inside of the hex on the wheel is keyed. Would it be safe to cut out the keyed parts so it will fit the regular 17mm hex or should I spend $20 for a set of traxxas keyed hexes?

Thanks in advance

image.jpg

image.jpg

44C219FC-0EB6-4B10-9002-D357B2CBCFF7.png

Could using the enemies hex mess with the hub bearing alignment? Just wondered because I had to make my own adapters for using the Kraton V5 hexes on my V1. 🤷‍♂️
Sure could..

Hey all,

So I recently got some traxxas paddle tires (supporting the enemy I know) for my 1/8 Kraton EXB and I realized that the inside of the hex on the wheel is keyed. Would it be safe to cut out the keyed parts so it will fit the regular 17mm hex or should I spend $20 for a set of traxxas keyed hexes?

Thanks in advance

View attachment 205155

View attachment 205156

View attachment 205157
I’d just use a set of wire cutters and trim them out. No need to get the hexes.
I have removed the keys before. They were all good no issues, plus that way it's easier to swap back to a different tire if you want
The keyed Traxxas spline accept standard 17mm wheels … just FYI :)

Sure could..

I’d just use a set of wire cutters and trim them out. No need to get the hexes.

The keyed Traxxas spline accept standard 17mm wheels … just FYI :)
Wow I didn't even think about it like that I was just focused on the keys lol. Good call good call

Could using the enemies hex mess with the hub bearing alignment? Just wondered because I had to make my own adapters for using the Kraton V5 hexes on my V1. 🤷‍♂️
Uh you didn't have to make adapters, you just needed to run V2+ hubs and stub axles. Or you should have bough Talion hexes.

Also I don't think the Traxxas hexes will fit on the Arrma Kraton stub axles. I can check if you want as I have both on hand.

-edit- I lied I have TRA5353X not TRA8654 so nevermind.

Last edited:
Uh you didn't have to make adapters, you just needed to run V2+ hubs and stub axles. Or you should have bough Talion hexes.

Also I don't think the Traxxas hexes will fit on the Arrma Kraton stub axles. I can check if you want as I have both on hand.
I disagree.... I'll show you what I mean and I didn't want to spend the extra on new arms and axels and stub axels. I'll upload a picture later when I'm home.

I disagree.... I'll show you what I mean and I didn't want to spend the extra on new arms and axels and stub axels. I'll upload a picture later when I'm home.
All versions of the Kraton and Talion use the same a arms aside from the EXB arms, but they are still the same across the Kraton, Talion and Outcast. So you only need the hubs and stub axles.

Last edited:
Hey all,

Thanks in advance

View attachment 205155

View attachment 205156

View attachment 205157
I would cut or grind the tits off the wheels if it were me. Be careful with mixing TRX parts with other brands.. I'm not sure which TRX vehicle those hub hexes pictured are for,but I can tell you for certain that most rc manufacturers use M12 x 1.0 (fine)pitch threads on wheel nuts and axles. TRX does NOT(Xmaxx). The Xmaxx uses M12 x 1.5(medium) threads.. if you decide to buy the TRX hubs, be sure to get the nuts that match because the Arrma nuts won't work.

I again agree to disagree.... While they might be the same or similar length the geometry is different. I thought that you can't use a V5 chassis with V1 arms? Anyways I'm not trying to just go against anything because that's not what this forum's about. Just wanting some answers because if I can swap to a new V5 chassis I definitely will! Please take a look at this image of my V1 with a V5.
IMG_20210825_173431454.jpg

The adapter I'm referring to is a spacer to hold the bearings in the hub. @slick2500

I would cut or grind the tits off the wheels if it were me. Be careful with mixing TRX parts with other brands.. I'm not sure which TRX vehicle those hub hexes pictured are for,but I can tell you for certain that most rc manufacturers use M12 x 1.0 (fine)pitch threads on wheel nuts and axles. TRX does NOT(Xmaxx). The Xmaxx uses M12 x 1.5(medium) threads.. if you decide to buy the TRX hubs, be sure to get the nuts that match because the Arrma nuts won't work.
By the way, not to muddy things too much, but 17 hexes vary quite a bit from different models/manufacturers..so chances are, the TRX hexes won't properly fit the Arrma axles..back spacing, drive pin hole etc. varies by vehicle..
Best advice I can give is to cut the tits off the wheels and run em👍
I again agree to disagree.... While they might be the same or similar length the geometry is different. I thought that you can't use a V5 chassis with V1 arms? Anyways I'm not trying to just go against anything because that's not what this forum's about. Just wanting some answers because if I can swap to a new V5 chassis I definitely will! Please take a look at this image of my V1 with a V5. View attachment 205248
The adapter I'm referring to is a spacer to hold the bearings in the hub. @slick2500
This IDK. I never heard of Arrma until the v4..yeah, I guess I do live under a rock🤣🤣

View attachment 205307The right half is the V5 hex the middle section is my adapter/extension to hold the bearings in the hub. @slick2500 this is what I was talking about. This is on my Kraton 6s V1.
What's the jizz looking stuff hanging off the bushing cap? Teflon tape? I hate those effing caps!! Soo easy to cross thread!!🤨

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back