Traxxas X-Maxx brushless monster truck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Community Leader
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Mojave EXB
traxxas-x-maxx-action.jpg

Traxxas just announced their newest and largest monster truck yet, the Traxxas X-MAXX. Nearly 30 inches long, 22" wide and 4" ground clearance, and nearly 20 pounds the Traxxas X-Maxx is HUGE to say the least. The X-Maxx monster truck is 4WD and equipped with a Velineon brushless motor.

Click to continue

Hi

I have nothing against Traxxas but how much are you going to have to pay in hop ups in order to over come the weak spots and you know there are going to be weak spot in areas where you don't want weak spots. I own a E-Revo and the fact that Traxxas has done jack squat to fix the diff problem since it came out. Well lets just say I have no high hopes for the X-Maxx.

Hi

The diff cases are going to be the weak spots not the diff gears but the 3 piece diff cases. If they had gone with a 2 piece diff case, things would not be so bad. As it is you now have 3 pieces of plastic that you have to sandwich together in order to hold the differential in place. Basically you have a T fitting to hold the bearings in place. The picture below shows what I am talking about, the two circles represent the bearing and the red lines are the screws. And to make things worse the diff case have bin trimmed down to eliminate as much bulk as possible including where the screws go to hold it together.

tranny_zpsllbp5zwg.jpg

Last edited:
Guy in the rc club in stl was bragging about his 800 x maxx otw. Looks nice but i like building them....i guess ill have to wait 5 years r so till some people start throwing them out...then gonna do what i always do. Roadkill that beast and have fun for a fraction of the cost

I would have certainly considered this if I had not just picked up the Losi XXL2-E a couple of months ago. This thing looks nice and well designed though.

Guy in the rc club in stl was bragging about his 800 x maxx otw. Looks nice but i like building them....i guess ill have to wait 5 years r so till some people start throwing them out...then gonna do what i always do. Roadkill that beast and have fun for a fraction of the cost
I agree I like building them myself as well, however R/C kits are almost a thing of the past anymore and certainly with Traxxas models.

I agree I like building them myself as well, however R/C kits are almost a thing of the past anymore and certainly with Traxxas models.

I know. Rtr is cool for guys like me because of the little time I have for rc but I think a kit would a lot of fun.

The more I look at it, the more I want it. Looks like I need to start saving all my spare change!

I know. Rtr is cool for guys like me because of the little time I have for rc but I think a kit would a lot of fun.

Building a kit does look like fun. I've been considering getting a Proline buggy kit.

That thing is literally a monster. We bought my son a Fury for his first truck, but when he saw pics of that he wanted THAT one.

Patience grasshopper :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back