Traxxas x-maxx wide maxx kit

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Depends on what you want from the Xmaxx?
High speed stability should be better?
Handling? Idk, depends on what one defines as better handling?
I think it'll likely cause the truck to plow through turns. Less traction rolling though?

I'm interested as well, not likely that I'll buy it, but hey, if it makes the truck more enjoyable for people, then it's a win👍
I think I mispoke of "high speed" stability.. I'd guess overall stability should be increased?

I'm interested as well, not likely that I'll buy it, but hey, if it makes the truck more enjoyable for people, then it's a win👍
I think I mispoke of "high speed" stability.. I'd guess overall stability should be increased?
It shouldn’t be any worse. Lol.

It shouldn’t be any worse. Lol.
My brother has an X-maxx, bought maybe 6 months ago? I was so impressed, I asked Mrs KnowAir to get me one for Christmas 🤣
His is box stock, I was amazed how well it drove for such a big truck🤔
And for the record, I've always disliked traxxas. I've always felt they're just overpriced.
Now I own 3 Traxxas rigs..
It all depends on what we want from our rigs I guess?

Just beware that if you do huge 30ft plus jumps, you risk bending driveshafts and breaking arms much easier. I'm not going to do this since my X-Maxx is upgraded and it weighs around 28lbs. All I did was install WFO titanium driveshafts to stop the driveshafts from bending badly. And those are the regular length driveshafts 😱. Even the stock Xmaxx bends driveshafts with big air 30ft plus. And it's still a high center of gravity chassis MT, eve and with the longer arms.
it’ll be interesting. It’s going to go into my castle 1100 kv xlx2 x-maxx.
Hopefully you will not regret doing that. Hopefully 👍

Thanks for the heads up on driveshafts. 30' jumps aren't on the agenda for me..I love it, don't get me wrong, but $$$!. Nah, I'm content watching others break em👍I may put some sleeves over the outdrives if needed tho. Whatever speed it has outta the box is all it's gonna get with me. My bash spot is small(home). I don't travel with my rigs, too much hassle. I'm fortunate to have 5 acres and that's perfect for me👍😁

Did you get the wide kits yet? Just curious how you like it if so?
Yep got em. Not installed though. Did this today.
E8025C4B-7049-4354-8AAF-2BF953926D50.jpeg

Yep got em. Not installed though. Did this today. View attachment 191432
Walleye? Niice👍 Things are just now icing over down here in my neck. Been unusually warm till late last week. I'm guessing ur in a shanty? Looks like a helluva nice one😃
My duaghter caught this at our local a couple years back.

Attachments

• Shelbys biggest fish ever.jpg
    Shelbys biggest fish ever.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 90
I ordered a couple of kits. It seems like a great idea. I’ll post up some pix when I get it.
https://m.traxxas.com/products/parts/7895-xmaxx-widemaxx-kit
Off topic(sorry) but WTF with the POS motor mount in this thing? I had quite a bit of gear noise right out of the box. Pinion mesh is way too tight..took motor out, ahh..now I see why people are changing out the mount🤔 piss poor design..so with too tight a mesh,no replacement on hand, I shimmed the whole motor up by putting several layers of latex(or whatever it is)excercise band between the chassis and mount.. perfect mesh now! Sweet👌

Off topic(sorry) but WTF with the POS motor mount in this thing? I had quite a bit of gear noise right out of the box. Pinion mesh is way too tight..took motor out, ahh..now I see why people are changing out the mount🤔 piss poor design..so with too tight a mesh,no replacement on hand, I shimmed the whole motor up by putting several layers of latex(or whatever it is)excercise band between the chassis and mount.. perfect mesh now! Sweet👌
The stock motor mount is garbage like the Maxx 4s motor mount. They are both pathetic. I replaced my weak motor with the hobbywing 5687 and WFO motor mount. Beast mode.

It’s in. Put in a promodeler ds845 servo too. Some new proline tires and proline 24mm axle conversion
Few vitavon things. Diff covers steering rack front hub c hub and rear.
In my opinion it needs adjustable links. Front is toe in ⅛”. I never bashed it yet. Maybe this weekend.

09CDFBAB-2FC6-4F77-A3C1-28D0064DE3B5.jpeg

It’s in. Put in a promodeler ds845 servo too. Some new proline tires and proline 24mm axle conversion
Few vitavon things. Diff covers steering rack front hub c hub and rear.
In my opinion it needs adjustable links. Front is toe in ⅛”. I never bashed it yet. Maybe this weekend.

View attachment 192132
Looks good! Ready for battle👍 I've been looking at the Promodeler servos.. just can't swallow the price. I have no doubt aboot their performance. Love the alloy mount they have, I wonder if their bottom cover matches up(screw spacing) with other standard size servos?
Yep got em. Not installed though. Did this today. View attachment 191432
Funny thing, now I'm getting older, I don't have as much ambition for drinking, I mean fishing🤔 coworker of mine is a diehard ice fisher..every chance he gets. No booze, drugs er nothin.. he's crazy!?🤣

Last edited:
Seen a few Youtubers go for the M2C extenders with good feedback. Not as wide as the TRX kit, but still substantial.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back