Trencher 40 series

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slicktmi

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Don't know if any of ya'll tried these tires but they have really good traction honestly better than the backflips (personal opinion) they balloon a little, but more so when you diff out just for any of you thinking if some new tires can finally do triple backflips with ease
received_2305419143015316.jpeg

I got trenchers and I love them so far softer and better traction then stock !!

Attachments

• 7F5AB5A6-1D07-4DDD-BB08-BF740D0AC345.jpeg
    7F5AB5A6-1D07-4DDD-BB08-BF740D0AC345.jpeg
    342.3 KB · Views: 75
  • 33439727-B7E7-4DDF-9973-0CD9522FAFA0.jpeg
    33439727-B7E7-4DDF-9973-0CD9522FAFA0.jpeg
    322.1 KB · Views: 71
  • 00919963-9133-44C9-91C7-48E2EFCC0B22.jpeg
    00919963-9133-44C9-91C7-48E2EFCC0B22.jpeg
    289.4 KB · Views: 64
  • D6B60542-8F7C-4F85-8885-32286E889E0B.jpeg
    D6B60542-8F7C-4F85-8885-32286E889E0B.jpeg
    344.6 KB · Views: 58
I got trenchers and I love them so far softer and better traction then stock !!
Yeah im honestly really happy with them i just couldn't believe how good they are in the dirt! And i like how the tires are already vented

I run themon my BRCC and on my Kraton. On my Kraton I wrapped then with fishing braid. Really helped with the ballooning.

I run themon my BRCC and on my Kraton. On my Kraton I wrapped then with fishing braid. Really helped with the ballooning.
I was gonna wrap them with spider wire but they don't balloon to bad with 12t pinion 6s

I like the standard 3.8's vs the X's. The taller sidewall helps cushion the landings.

However, they are quite a bit heavier per tire vs the dboots. Almost a full ounce and 3 oz heavier per tire than the kraton tires/wheels. With them being a bit taller as well, you may find that you have to gear down. I was overheating my outcast ESC last summer when I ran in grass for very long with them with 4S and a 15T pinion. Dropping to a 14T helped, but also cut down wheel speed enough to make backflips a bit sketchy... for me at least.

I like the standard 3.8's vs the X's. The taller sidewall helps cushion the landings.

However, they are quite a bit heavier per tire vs the dboots. Almost a full ounce and 3 oz heavier per tire than the kraton tires/wheels. With them being a bit taller as well, you may find that you have to gear down. I was overheating my outcast ESC last summer when I ran in grass for very long with them with 4S and a 15T pinion. Dropping to a 14T helped, but also cut down wheel speed enough to make backflips a bit sketchy... for me at least.
Yeah i like the 40 series taller and skinnier mine Weighed 25 g more than the backflips

I had these on my Notorious but all four were all seriously unbalanced

They have no vent hole in the rim and only the one vent hole in the tyre. I'm unsure if it was because of just the one vent hole unbalancing the whole tyre at speed but I didn't want to punch another one opposite at 180° in case it didn't resolve it and voided a refund

I returned them eventually. Anyone else had the same unbalancing issues with these?

I have yet to get a tire that isn't pretty unbalanced, the trencher 3.8's included. Still, they weren't as bad as any traxxas premount I have had so far, including the talon ext's I recently got to try out. I can't believe those things are for a 6S truck! All 4 tires took over half an once of lead to not vibrate off my work bench after spooling them up on my balance jig!

I had to balance all my trenchers as well. I run 2 or 4 holes in the tires, can't recall, depends on my mood at the time when I have the dremel in my hand. I also wrap them with kevlar string, 3mm cored kevlar is what I use now. Seems to work well and keeps them from ballooning/blowing off the rims.

The yellow sting is 70lb twisted kevlar, 3 or 4 wraps. The black is 500lb cored kevlar, a single wrap with a surgeons type knot and CA glued every other lug or so.
2019-0925-ProlineTrencher3.8-70lb-vs-500lb.jpg

I heavily glue the knot, it's more of a long single granny not with 4 or 5 twists to make a long flat knot that sort of binds with itself. I tighten until it's just snug, make sure it's laying down in the tire how I want it, then put a few drops of glue on it, and move to the next tire. Then I come back and glue it proper.

I had these on my Notorious but all four were all seriously unbalanced

They have no vent hole in the rim and only the one vent hole in the tyre. I'm unsure if it was because of just the one vent hole unbalancing the whole tyre at speed but I didn't want to punch another one opposite at 180° in case it didn't resolve it and voided a refund

I returned them eventually. Anyone else had the same unbalancing issues with these?
All tires are unbalanced. Some worse than others. Some mistake new out of round tires as unbalanced. Out of round is more a defect. That could be a warrantiable issue. Unbalanced is not. Two different animals. I balance all mine after a 1 pack break in. I don't have balance issues after that. Balancing wont void any warranty. And I don't warranty/return tires because I just don't like them. I think that's weird.
Proline even recommends venting their tires. These are RC cars after all. Not our real cars.

All tires are unbalanced. Some worse than others. Some mistake new out of round tires as unbalanced. Out of round is more a defect. That could be a warrantiable issue. Unbalanced is not. Two different animals. I balance all mine after a 1 pack break in. I don't have balance issues after that. Balancing wont void any warranty. And I don't warranty/return tires because I just don't like them. I think that's weird.
Proline even recommends venting their tires. These are RC cars after all. Not our real cars.
The traxxas premounts are almost always horribly glued...

Traxxas tire guy:
tfjQB8l.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back