Kraton Trencher & Badlands? Which is better at what?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OG*GOBLIN

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Kraton EXB
So it'll eventually be time for some new rubber. I see a lot of people running those two tires and wanted to know what they're each good at. Are the Badlands more for off-road and the Trenchers more for flat surface? Thanks đź‘Ť

I am not a fan of my trenchers they balloon EZ and the new belted ones are very heavy

So it'll eventually be time for some new rubber. I see a lot of people running those two tires and wanted to know what they're each good at. Are the Badlands more for off-road and the Trenchers more for flat surface? Thanks đź‘Ť

If looking for a vote on those two it would be the MX Badlands for the Kraton from me. I do have the belted Trenchers on my 3S Big Rock. They are heavy and I like them for certain applications, not the best at digging and bitting in the dirt if it is too loose...hard dirt does well...but I also have CVD on that BR...and fans for those heavy belted tires.

Have you considered the popular 4S DBoots Backflip LP's they are a great-looking tire and grip and dig so well...so happy with the LPs? They are not belted but the ballooning is very, very low on the Kraton 6S EXB.

I have had both trenchers and badlands (mx38). I really like how both of them grip. They also both look really BA. The badlands are fast wearing on hard surfaces. I didn't like any of the current sizes of trenchers for my rc cars (the old 3.8 were a really good size). For the badlands non mx38 version you would prob be better off just getting bf or bf lps.

If looking for a vote on those two it would be the MX Badlands for the Kraton from me. I do have the belted Trenchers on my 3S Big Rock. They are heavy and I like them for certain applications, not the best at digging and bitting in the dirt if it is too loose...hard dirt does well...but I also have CVD on that BR...and fans for those heavy belted tires.

Have you considered the popular 4S DBoots Backflip LP's they are a great-looking tire and grip and dig so well...so happy with the LPs? They are not belted but the ballooning is very, very low on the Kraton 6S EXB.
I like the white label on those. Those BF's looked pretty narrow compared to the 2 in the OP. Maybe I'll put BF's on the blx and trenchers EXB. Thank you for everyone's help here.

Is there a particular reason you linked 4s? And what does lp stand for? How many different options in 3.8 do they make for the BF's?

Last edited:
lp stands for the 4s version of the BFs. The actual wheels have backflip lp on the side, hence the name. I liked them because they fit my talion without having to change pinion+they are cheaper+they balloon less.

I like the white label on those. Those BF's looked pretty narrow compared to the 2 in the OP. Maybe I'll put BF's on the blx and trenchers EXB. Thank you for everyone's help here.

Is there a particular reason you linked 4s? And what does lp stand for? How many different options in 3.8 do they make for the BF's?

LP = Low Profile so less sidewall as other user said came on the Kraton 4S. I personally do not like the thick, fat balloon belly tires nor the stock Copperheads.

Sorry not sure if any other options in the 3.8 I am aware of...mainly due to the above I do not like tall sidewall tires so never look at them.

LP = Low Profile so less sidewall as other user said came on the Kraton 4S. I personally do not like the thick, fat balloon belly tires nor the stock Copperheads.

Sorry not sure if any other options in the 3.8 I am aware of...mainly due to the above I do not like tall sidewall tires so never look at them.
Thank you for the info.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back