Trenchers Vs Mx28 badlands

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BLXDiego

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Well well well. I decided to go proline instead of duratrax and i wanna know whats better?? I drive mostly on road but sometimes go to the beach and sometimes go to a bmx track. I want something that will get grip but wont traction roll often i already ordered the 12mm hexes for the 3s granite.

You can vent and strap any of em to keep ballooning in check. I did it tonight on my Duratrax buggy Six Packs and it's a low cost, easy solution that will save plenty money in the long run.

Last edited:
I really like the 2.8 trenchers. I run them on my stampede 4x4 without being wrapped and eJato with the rears wrapped (not really necessary), both on 3S. They balloon a bit, but they wear well and grip well. I run in skate parks very frequently and in grass, pretty much never see dirt. So, I need tires that hook up fairly well on grass, but don't grind down in an afternoon on concrete.

I'd run them on all my trucks if I could. Got a set of the 3.8's on my outcast (wrapped with kevlar string), savage flux hp and savage X. My revo's don't like them. Cause the shocks to compress too far and crushes stuff.

The height of the sidewall and tread adds cushion to the landings and I'm not sure if it's that cushion or if the side walls are thick, but they don't all cut up around the bead when running in skate parks like all my other tires do. They are very grippy on concrete.

I really like the 2.8 trenchers. I run them on my stampede 4x4 without being wrapped and eJato with the rears wrapped (not really necessary), both on 3S. They balloon a bit, but they wear well and grip well. I run in skate parks very frequently and in grass, pretty much never see dirt. So, I need tires that hook up fairly well on grass, but don't grind down in an afternoon on concrete.

I'd run them on all my trucks if I could. Got a set of the 3.8's on my outcast (wrapped with kevlar string), savage flux hp and savage X. My revo's don't like them. Cause the shocks to compress too far and crushes stuff.

The height of the sidewall and tread adds cushion to the landings and I'm not sure if it's that cushion or if the side walls are thick, but they don't all cut up around the bead when running in skate parks like all my other tires do. They are very grippy on concrete.
Would you say they like to traction roll i think i might go for trenchers

Would you say they like to traction roll i think i might go for trenchers
Trenchers are excellent and unique to what lots of guys are doing with Badlands. I like the Trenchers on my Slash but never run it. They're 12mm or they'd already be stolen away and fitted on my Arrma trucks.

When they are fresh and new, they traction roll quite a bit, but after you run them in grass a while, they slick up. Really noticed it a lot on my outcast with the 3.8's lately. Those are kevlar string wrapped though. Still get good forward bite, but it kind of power slides through corners.

Traction rolled a lot on my ERBEv1, but it's pretty narrow, as was my stampede at first. I added 17mm hubs to it which added 5mm to each side and now it slides around pretty good too.

Trenchers are excellent and unique to what lots of guys are doing with Badlands. I like the Trenchers on my Slash but never run it. They're 12mm or they'd already be stolen away and fitted on my Arrma trucks.
Ya know for the 3s models arrma sells 12mm hexes and for the 6s models pro line sell raid rims which have a removable hex that can be switched to 17mm

Ya know for the 3s models arrma sells 12mm hexes and for the 6s models pro line sell raid rims which have a removable hex that can be switched to 17mm
I have the 12mm Duratrax hubs that we can't find anymore.
I have a BRCC and need the extensions for clearance to the Badlands.
Before HR came out with 10mm we had to buy Duratrax 14 > 12mm and then 12mm > 17mm HR extensions to reach 6mm wider. Without the extra width in stance I won't be able to run the trenchers. And these I have would only be good on a 1:10 truck imo and I only have one Arrma 1:10.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back