Granite Trim settings with new radio

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I have to take the servo and saver out, once its out, how can I align the wheels when it isn’t connected?

The point is that you need to align the servo saver properly when there is no steering input. You don't want the steering linkage connected when you do this. If you align the saver properly, the wheels will be more or less straight when you reconnect the steering linkage.

I see, how do I actually do that ? If I remove the servo so I can get to the servo saver, how do I know when it is properly aligned when it’s in my hand? I didnt remove the servo or the servo saver when I changed the received. In fact, I haven’t removed the servo at all..... could anything have moved to need this doing ?

thanks.

You're not removing the servo, you're removing the servo, receiver box and ESC as an assembled unit. The servo saver needs to be parallel to the markings on the underside of the receiver box.

ah, thank you, that makes sense, i did see markings on the bottom when I took it out last time..... on the basis that I want to try and stop taking it apart more than I seed to.... if it is parallel when I remove it, what do I do then ?

Sorry, my bad. It's easier to align the servo saver with the notch in the casing. Get it as close as you can. Each spline is 14 degrees, so within 7 degress is the best you can do. Do it when both the transmitter and receiver are on and the transmitter steering trim is centered:

Servo Saver.jpg

Thank you, that’s really clear now. I suspect it will be aligned as it worked fine before I changed the receiver.... if that is the case, what other options do I have ? Or is that it?

many thanks.

My guess is that the neutral point of your old and new receivers are different. My bet is you'll find the servo saver isn't aligned properly with the new receiver when the steering trim is centered.

That sounds encouraging, I really hope that is the case. Many thanks.

What if I start the 1st binding without turning on the controller?
YES DO THIS. Like I said before. When you start the receiver in bind mode it will start in the neutral position. It won't e;ven matter if the controller is off or on, it won't react to the controller in bind mode. START THE RECEIVER IN BIND MODE.

If it is not in neutral position when you start in bind mode, THEN you may have to re-mount your servo saver. But first, START THE RECEIVER IN BIND MODE.

Last edited:
unfortunately, if I started the receiver without the transmitter it seemed to turn the wheels a long way to the right, and as soon as I tried with the radio on and press bind it pretty much paired immediately.

However, I removed the control box and turned it on and I could see the servo saver was not centred, not massively off but noticeably pointing to the left. I remover the servo saver and refitted it to the right, typically the next spline over was pointing too far to the right, not as much, maybe half the amount, so I left it there and then used the trim to centre it.

Thanks for all your help.... I think that is probably the best I am going to get it......

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back