Typhon Trouble already

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SarsK9

Military Veteran
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Typhon 6s
Well I’m roughly 3 packs in on my new typhon and already having some troubles. Not all is bad though. I did manage to crack an a arm, hit a concrete parking block head on. Hit it hard enough for the motor to become unplugged. Have yet to disassemble to see if anything else is damaged but am impressed with the strength of this thing. It’s actually still completely drivable and haven’t noticed any handling changes. Not to worry, I did order new arms and will be here tomorrow. However, I noticed this afternoon that my center diff is leaking already. I don’t know enough about the handling to make a decision on fluid changes so I need some help coming to a decision on what’s best for me.

I went to 200K on my center, 10K on the front and kept the rear at 7K for now. I'll bump the rear up to 10K soon as well since the rear lets go spinning up faster than the front now.

The leaking center may be due to damage from the collision. Ot maybe they just did not get it tight when built. Mine was fine.

This is a helpful chart for diff oil weights and effect.

Attachments

• oils.jpg
    oils.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 54
I agree, could be a small leak from the factory, or could have developed from the wreck. Have to keep away from them concrete barriers, they seem to jump out in front of you!

I’ll admit that this one was all my fault. I hit it trying to make a hard right uphill turn and it under steered bad. I attached a picture of the leak, it’s hard to tell but there is some slight moisture either at what I’m assuming is the full hole. Tuning and fluids is new to me so I have a lot of reading to do. All I know is I want it to slightly over steer.

Attachments

• 44E5EC91-B661-4EAB-915E-18F5C38A1DC4.jpeg
    44E5EC91-B661-4EAB-915E-18F5C38A1DC4.jpeg
    238.1 KB · Views: 40
  • CF5C1E1A-6447-4581-BDF1-318154AC262B.jpeg
    CF5C1E1A-6447-4581-BDF1-318154AC262B.jpeg
    267.9 KB · Views: 42
For me, Diff oil setup/power distribution choice is largely down to what surface you play on most.

I changed mine from stock to F-10k C-300k and left the rear at 7k... I plan on trying 10k there too. Less front balooning, Loads more traction, on tarmac its made it a lot more playful and driftable but a lot more 'darty' on the loose.

If I was loose surfaces only I'd probably go down to around 150-200k for centre then experiment with the front and rear.

I’m going to stay off the pavement, just have to drive around and find some spots. I like sliding around in dirt and gravel and extremely short grass. Picking up a set of badlands this weekend so that will change how it handles too. Sounds like I just need to buy a few different weights and experiment.

Took my front end apart. One of these is not like the other

Attachments

• 879B6EF8-BC73-40BE-86DB-453B43A7F2D5.jpeg
    879B6EF8-BC73-40BE-86DB-453B43A7F2D5.jpeg
    290.4 KB · Views: 44
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back