Kraton Trouble charging batteries

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unvxlid

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone , I am getting into awesome hobby of RC cars. Recently I purchased the Arrma Kraton 6s & I have only been able to do one full charge cycle. I’m aware you have to play close attention to the batteries & keep good care on them but I’m not too sure what I had done wrong. One of the batteries does not get recognized in my spektrum s2100 smart charger. Only thing I’ve came up with is I have a dead cell but I still have no idea how I managed that as I never ran my batteries completely low.

I have no idea either. But a dead cell can also just be bad luck, and that it was already bad. You don't just have to do something wrong to get a bad cell. It can also be bad luck

Take a pic of your cell voltages....post it here. Do you have a lipo checker?

Is your battery a Spektrum Smart battery? If so, they have a high failure rate. I don't believe the cell(s) are going bad, I believe the chip that reports this data is malfunctioning, and with no balance cable on the G2 batteries there's no way to work around that. If you have an older G1 battery you may be able to salvage the battery by using a non Smart charger (which are actually smarter than Spektrum chargers). That's another story though.

Short version, Spektrum batteries bad, buy a better brand of lipo.

This would be the voltages it charges at & as pictured I have it set to 3.9v trying to avoid letting the cells get below 3. My problem is it doesn’t recognize the battery. It shows no battery detected but yet I can look at battery history @ such

4577B752-39E6-46C5-A797-351BC22FD144.jpeg

Is your battery a Spektrum Smart battery? If so, they have a high failure rate. I don't believe the cell(s) are going bad, I believe the chip that reports this data is malfunctioning, and with no balance cable on the G2 batteries there's no way to work around that. If you have an older G1 battery you may be able to salvage the battery by using a non Smart charger (which are actually smarter than Spektrum chargers). That's another story though.

Yes I have the smart spektrum batteries that i got with my Kraton. What do you suggest I do? I’m on my second rc car so I am very new to this but I’m assuming you’re suggesting I use a different charger? Both battery’s & charger are a day old
This would be the voltages it charges at & as pictured I have it set to 3.9v trying to avoid letting the cells get below 3. My problem is it doesn’t recognize the battery. It shows no battery detected but yet I can look at battery history @ such

4577B752-39E6-46C5-A797-351BC22FD144.jpeg

Yes I have the smart spektrum batteries that i got with my Kraton. What do you suggest I do? I’m on my second rc car so I am very new to this but I’m assuming you’re suggesting I use a different charger? Both battery’s & charger are a day old
Also to add I have the g2 charger

Last edited:
Smart batteries sounds like a neat feature on paper and for beginners but in the long run its not worth the added costs. Plus it leaves hundreds of posters here whom could otherwise point you in the direction of what is bad.

Not having a balance plug to check the battery with a simple $20-30 "cell checker" is a bad design for someone in this hobby out in the field. It'd also amswer in 2 seconds if you've got a poor/bad cell. It's a must have tool imho.

3.9 volts also sounds a touch high for storage, 3.8 volts should be just right.

Not suggesting you get rid of the smart batteries and charger, but I would if the hobby shop will let you.

The charger will be okay however the batteries are rubbish. Is there any means for you to obtain a refund?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back