Trouble with Blx100 blinking red light

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rc_funk

Reaction score
I have been refurbishing a losi xxx-t and got a new blx100 esc to work with my castle 14 series 4600kv motor and my 7.2v NiMH batteries( I will be upgrading to lipo soon). For my receiver I have a tower hobbies tower hobbies 424 4-channel slt system. everything runs like a dream until i try to go full throttle for more than a few seconds. the esc turns off the motor and has a flashing red light, i can still control the steering. I can fix the problem by turning it off and back on. This sort of stalling happens intermittently, not to often.

UPDATE: the problem isn't really a problem. either the motor or esc have a safety system to shut down if the motor cant turn. I have adjusted my slipper and it is working now. The other thing was that when the throttle was slammed down the power to the receiver would be cut as all the energy went to turning the motor and it would loose connection. I have fixed that by soldering a separate pair of wires that go directly to the receiver.

Last edited:
I have been refurbishing a losi xxx-t and got a new blx100 esc to work with my castle 14 series 4600kv motor and my 7.2v NiMH batteries( I will be upgrading to lipo soon). For my receiver I have a tower hobbies tower hobbies 424 4-channel slt system. everything runs like a dream until i try to go full throttle for more than a few seconds. the esc turns off the motor and has a flashing red light, i can still control the steering. I can fix the problem by turning it off and back on. This sort of stalling happens intermittently, not to often.
It sort of sounds like you are in lipo mode instead of nimh mode.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back