Granite Troubleshooting my Granite

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pitbullo

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
So, I have a small problem with the electronics in my car. I have received a new Spektrum ESC as the old one is bricked, but the car is still not working. I have steering but not throttle. I get red flashing from the ESC after otherwise successful power up. To troubleshoot I switched throttle and steering on the receiver. I get throttle from the steering wheel on my transmitter, but steering is not working, as it should work from the trigger. Is it just me, or do I need a new transmitter and receiver as well?

In case you have not done so, try resetting and calibrating the ESC.

From memory, the procedure for the BLX100 (which is likely the same) is:

1. To reset, start up ESC and then press the set button for four seconds. Red and green lights flash simultaneously to indicate it has been reset to factory settings.

To calibrate:
1. Keep the (small) set button pressed down, and start up ESC. It will be blinking and buzzing a bit.
2. With the transmitter on, but no input given, press set button. You should hear one beep.
3. With the transmitter on and fully pressed down (i.e. "full throttle"), press set button. You should hear two beeps.
4. With the transmitter on and fully pressed up (i.e. "full brake"), press set button. You should hear three beeps, and the calibration is done.

I had a similar issue (good steering but very little throttle after only a few minutes of driving). Recalibrating seems to have solved it for now, although I don't really understand why...

Hope this helps!

Thanks for input!
I have tried, and it seems like either the receiver or the transmitter is broken. I can't calibrate throttle, as the ESC refuses. I know the motor is OK since i got it running (too fast for my table, luckily the tires were off the ground, but still lol) when switching throttle to ch1. It powered up when i turned the steering wheel. Steering should work on the trigger, but it is dead.

Do you have a multimeter? If you do, measure the output when applying throttle. Also the condition sounds like low power. Test the output on your batteries as well. Just reread and saw it worked when you switched them around. Maybe you can plug one into aux on the receiver to determine if your transmitter is bad.

I tried to plug the throttle lead in the AUX port. I got working throttle on ch3 on the transmitter (the thumb button). I guess I´ll be buying a new transmitter and receiver tomorrow.

My LHS has a limited selection, which is preferred between Futaba T3PV or Sanwa MX-6?

It sounds like either the transmitter for that channel doesn't work or the receiver for that channel doesn't. You could still try testing that receiver channel with a multimeter. Maybe a receiver rebind might help? I don't have any experience with either of those radios.

I couldn't find my multimeter, so I can't test it that way. As it seems, either the receiver is gone, or the transmitter, but I don't have tools or equipment to find out. Now, I was going to upgrade the transmitter later, I guess it is sooner now.
Thanks for all the help so far! This forum is great!

The only transmitter in the price range I was willing to pay (it is just a Granite) was the Sanwa MX-6. So I got one! It was an easy install, ang the truck now works flawlessly!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back