Typhon Truck body on Typhon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SarsK9

Military Veteran
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Typhon 6s
Here’s my problem. Right now I have dynamite reaction 2 batteries and they are too big, I didn’t pay attention to the size limitations and figure if they fit in the tray with that sliding piece, that’d I’d be fine. I’ve read about truggifing and that’s not what I want. I have an hrb 6s on the way but I want to be able to run these too. Can I swap out just body posts and maybe shock towers to fit a taller truck body or am I SOL on having my cake and eating it too?

Yup
https://www.arrmaforum.com/media/20171125_102654.1832/

20171125_102654.jpg

Do you want to run a truck body though?
I mean it's doable as slick above has shown but there are some other options.

You could raise the standard Typhon body post mounts up at the rear ~ you just need to drill two new holes in your rear shock tower for the original body post mounts to move upwards by one hole on either side. I've done it on mine to accommodate a large Turnigy Graphene Panther 6S battery.
Before
106 Before body height.JPG

After
107 After body height.JPG

Another option is to modify your existing battery tray ~ again something I've done on my Typhon which opens up the side giving you more room to mount batteries in another orientation if needed.
I removed completely the sliding battery end stop and then used a Dremel with a cutting disc to remove the side of the battery tray. Then tidied it up with a file/craft knife.
101 Battery tray mod.JPG

Both those mods together maybe all you need to fit your larger batteries @SarsK9 but I understand not everyone wants to cut up/drill their models but it is an option. (y)

How’d you do that slick
I looked at cutting it but these reaction batteries are fat pigs and would stick out pretty far leaving the corner of a battery unprotected. I’m going to drill my rear shock tower and give that a go first but if not, I’ll switch to a body that isn’t so restrictive on battery size.

How’d you do that slick
I looked at cutting it but these reaction batteries are fat pigs and would stick out pretty far leaving the corner of a battery unprotected. I’m going to drill my rear shock tower and give that a go first but if not, I’ll switch to a body that isn’t so restrictive on battery size.
I didn't do that, it was @Piecejointe and that was done to a 6s Typhon, but the 6s and 3s Typhons are the same wheelbase.

I do have a Typhon and an Ecx Ruckus body so I can try to see how to mount it. But a new Ecx Ruckus body is like $45. You would be better off buying a Big Rock Crew Cab body https://www.ebay.com/itm/Arrma-402284-BIG-ROCK-CREW-CAB-4X4-Clear-Body-Inc-Decals/123833082303?hash=item1cd506e1bf:g:DroAAOSwhJFdKFAU&LH_BIN=1 then all you would need are the body mounts from the big rock crew cab.

I got my new hrb 6s 5000 bat in today. Just so anyone who reads this has a comparison here it is sitting beside 2 dynamite reaction 2s 5000mah and 2 reaction 3s 5000mah bats

Attachments

• CC0915DF-A191-4F8F-9505-2A2949ABF7F0.jpeg
    CC0915DF-A191-4F8F-9505-2A2949ABF7F0.jpeg
    284.2 KB · Views: 51
  • 660BB6F0-F7AD-49F0-93B3-A67100B205B2.jpeg
    660BB6F0-F7AD-49F0-93B3-A67100B205B2.jpeg
    206 KB · Views: 56
I got my new hrb 6s 5000 bat in today. Just so anyone who reads this has a comparison here it is sitting beside 2 dynamite reaction 2s 5000mah and 2 reaction 3s 5000mah bats
I've been running the same HRB battery since the beginning of summer. Had to return once cause of a bad cell. Great for duration, but definitely not as much punch as my two 3s 5000 50c gensacearespammers. Same spec but definitely more punch from the Gens. But for the price and length of time that it runs, still a good investment.

I've been running the same HRB battery since the beginning of summer. Had to return once cause of a bad cell. Great for duration, but definitely not as much punch as my two 3s 5000 50c gensacearespammers. Same spec but definitely more punch from the Gens. But for the price and length of time that it runs, still a good investment.
I was looking for a budget Lipo that wasn’t complete crap and would fit, in waiting on a list of parts to come in so it won’t be until next week when I have a chance to run it but I don’t imagine being unhappy as long as it lasts. 6s is nuts to me so I don’t see having too many complaints about the power considering the price. I do want to try some higher end batteries but am limited until I have a proper solder station so I can comfortably install connectors.

I was looking for a budget Lipo that wasn’t complete crap and would fit, in waiting on a list of parts to come in so it won’t be until next week when I have a chance to run it but I don’t imagine being unhappy as long as it lasts. 6s is nuts to me so I don’t see having too many complaints about the power considering the price. I do want to try some higher end batteries but am limited until I have a proper solder station so I can comfortably install connectors.
Don't get me wrong, you won't be disappointed. Just thought I'd provide the info for you and others when considering batteries.

How’d you do that slick
It’s a typhon with notorious body as you see, I had to adjust front shocks in use those holes in for body mount, then rear just bend outward and presto truck on typhon
I have 2 3s venom 5000 50c batteries I had to get outkast side guards so they are taller and cut off side of stock tray and batteries sit side by side nice n tight with Velcro straps
I have 2 3s venom 5000 50c batteries I had to get outkast side guards so they are taller and cut off side of stock tray and batteries sit side by side nice n tight with Velcro straps

Attachments

• 939831DB-E7D7-40A9-ABFE-6B744B54C1DC.jpeg
    939831DB-E7D7-40A9-ABFE-6B744B54C1DC.jpeg
    190.4 KB · Views: 266
  • 4F2325F6-F22D-492A-BAEA-D50E6DBF3A27.jpeg
    4F2325F6-F22D-492A-BAEA-D50E6DBF3A27.jpeg
    345 KB · Views: 214
Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back