Limitless True C ratings of popular speedrun batteries

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Notoriousone

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Mojave
  3. Notorious
  4. Typhon 6s
Over the weekend I got a chance to test out some of my batteries, I was curious mostly about the C ratings and the ESR battery meter I got tells you what these are. No battery I tested was above 28C, including the G+ 6000 CNHL 4s and the SMC 6400.. I didn't really expect any battery to test over 30C because of the things we have all heard about the battery industry inflating C ratings, but its funny to see a 28C battery that says "150C" written on it. All my speedrun batteries I tested had ratings of between 26 to 28C in all cells. I also tested a old Lectron 6s battery that has been beat on since day one as a basher and drag battery and it got a 15C rating. There is a lot of additional info the meter provides about the batteries that I don't quite understand yet, but its interesting nonetheless and showed me how little I really know about batteries lol.. You can see the C ratings in the pics below

IMG_7391.JPG

IMG_7393.JPG

IMG_7395.JPG

IMG_7397.JPG

I feel it more important to have a brand that matches their cells very closely from a high grade cell batches. You pay more for this.
C ratings are a 'Dark #'s' in the lipo industry.

I made a thread about c rates a few years back https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/c-rates-what-is-the-deal.17174/

Does that thing tell you the actual capacity of a lipo? Because I know a lot of companies lie about that as well and pretty sure some just use a dart board to label their packs. I've had packs listed as 6200mah that at best from lvc to full only took in about 4300mah and packs listed as 5000mah that took in 5800mah.

^^^ This
That's a fact Jack!
I made a thread about c rates a few years back https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/c-rates-what-is-the-deal.17174/

Does that thing tell you the actual capacity of a lipo? Because I know a lot of companies lie about that as well and pretty sure some just use a dart board to label their packs. I've had packs listed as 6200mah that at best from lvc to full only took in about 4300mah and packs listed as 5000mah that took in 5800mah.
^^^ Noticed the same on my packs.

The Lipo Mfr's create a prototype pack pre-production, tests, measures and specs it out. Only to find out by the end user that many Post production packs are degraded spec wise. Lipo's are a dark industry. That one hot brand can peter out real fast as Production QC gets watered down. Cell batches and matching gets watered down. Usually well after they are introduced. Resting on their initial high ranking as a brand.

Last edited:
I feel it more important to have a brand that matches their cells very closely from a high grade cell batches. You pay more for this.
C ratings are a 'Dark #'s' in the lipo industry.
I believe SMC does this, or at least they say they do.. I know my SMC Lipos generally have cells better matched than my CNHL lipos

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back