Kraton Truggified Typhon Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Good Mojo

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
What's going on everybody? So I've decided to build a truggified Typhon. I have everything I need from M2C, and am piecing everything together. I do need a couple of items from Just Bash It, and I was wondering if anyone knew the discount code as this will be my first purchase from them. As the build starts and progresses I'll post pics and maybe a few questions. This build is from the ground up. Wish me luck ?

I don't know any codes, but look forward to the build. I really wanted one after seeing Rich Duberbash' videos.

What flavor of truggified are you going for?

Kraton hubs and stub axles?

Or full meal deal Mojave arms axles and kraton hubs and stubs?

Agreed with @Be Ready , we need pics :)

Good luck with the build brother ! I also have a truggified typhon, mine is just the Kraton hubs and stub axles tho...
D77F69F4-5611-438C-B25E-0E6390E56D33.jpeg
FB4E9DE3-4AE4-45FC-87CC-1FAB283A5943.jpeg

177AD565-5A05-4293-A362-A3C969B5EEFA.jpeg

My pockets are shallow at the moment... so not enough dough for the m2c stuff just yet... I did start a Mojave build with my V3 kraton this am though, and I ordered some chassis braces for that bad boy!

Have fun and bash on!

Good luck with the build brother ! I also have a truggified typhon, mine is just the Kraton hubs and stub axles tho...
View attachment 85423View attachment 85424
View attachment 85428
My pockets are shallow at the moment... so not enough dough for the m2c stuff just yet... I did start a Mojave build with my V3 kraton this am though, and I ordered some chassis braces for that bad boy!

Have fun and bash on!

View attachment 85428

Have fun and bash on!
Gonna start with the typhon tower and run that first. I can always change it up later. Should be a fun build though. Just got done loctiting a 16 tooth pinion in my Kraton, gonna let her set up till tomorrow evening.
20200612_214006.jpg
20200612_213953.jpg

S

View attachment 85428

Have fun and bash on!
Your girl shore is Purdy. ?

Last edited:
I have an outcast/notorious, Mojave armed typhon for a street runner, kraton armed senton towered SWB rig to run a c10 or Baja bug body, a typhon with kraton arms and talion wheels, and I just built a truggified with kraton arms, senton towers, and Mojave wheels for a friend. It should be noted if you run the Mojave arms you need to trim the rear ears for the arm to sit right. They are molded a little different outboard of the droop screw and will hit before it does on the ear.

Attachments

• truggies.jpg
    truggies.jpg
    253.1 KB · Views: 105
  • black widow.jpg
    black widow.jpg
    755.3 KB · Views: 114
  • dude buggy2.jpg
    dude buggy2.jpg
    631.4 KB · Views: 112
  • Junkyard dog.jpg
    Junkyard dog.jpg
    368.1 KB · Views: 91
  • notcast.jpg
    notcast.jpg
    764.1 KB · Views: 96
  • street typhon.jpg
    street typhon.jpg
    369.6 KB · Views: 87
I have an outcast/notorious, Mojave armed typhon for a street runner, kraton armed senton towered SWB rig to run a c10 or Baja bug body, a typhon with kraton arms and talion wheels, and I just built a truggified with kraton arms, senton towers, and Mojave wheels for a friend. It should be noted if you run the Mojave arms you need to trim the rear ears for the arm to sit right. They are molded a little different outboard of the droop screw and will hit before it does on the ear.
That black widow is one mean machine. That’s the one with kraton arms ? Did you keep the typhon shocks on that one ?

That black widow is one mean machine. That’s the one with kraton arms ? Did you keep the typhon shocks on that one ?
Moved the rear shocks to the front and put talion rears out back
Can we see em with the bodies off (naked)? ?
I’ll take a pic when I get off work (hopefully 30 min or so)

Not sure why they all spin ?

Attachments

• 56362C21-7EAA-4DC1-AE6E-96D62CEAC59E.jpeg
    56362C21-7EAA-4DC1-AE6E-96D62CEAC59E.jpeg
    347.6 KB · Views: 89
  • BA044D7A-0681-43A4-959E-4B8F1A4D44A6.jpeg
    BA044D7A-0681-43A4-959E-4B8F1A4D44A6.jpeg
    345.4 KB · Views: 95
  • 554CCD8C-2CD5-482E-97CD-B7DB92C1247D.jpeg
    554CCD8C-2CD5-482E-97CD-B7DB92C1247D.jpeg
    347 KB · Views: 97
  • 17081B86-E029-4F37-B550-EEBC9A10E833.jpeg
    17081B86-E029-4F37-B550-EEBC9A10E833.jpeg
    337.4 KB · Views: 93
Looks like I'll run the typhon or Mojave setup first. She looks like a corgi with the Kratons and 2.8s.??
Mojave arms? If you run the outcast tires or any of those other ones you might need to extend the drive axles out. the typhon hubs seem to rub when you go to a bigger tire. or at least my 4s outcast tires wouldn't spin freely on them for some reason. Mojave tires worked on the typhon hubs (Mojave hubs are also shorter like the typhon) I put kraton hubs on and axles. if you run a truck body I'd go with kraton arms for sure for the clearance.
if you run the Mojave arms check your rear ears where the droop screws are. you might have to trim those parts to get the arms to get full travel. that will bite you in the butt if you go kraton arms later, the droop screws in those arms sit out farther and will be out in the air after you trim it.
Finished my new Talion body yesterday. The 4s outcast wheels balloon a bit but handle a lot better in the gravel than the stock tires.

Attachments

• talion1.jpg
    talion1.jpg
    735.7 KB · Views: 95
  • talion2.jpg
    talion2.jpg
    717.3 KB · Views: 102
  • talion3.jpg
    talion3.jpg
    798 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
Mojave arms? If you run the outcast tires or any of those other ones you might need to extend the drive axles out. the typhon hubs seem to rub when you go to a bigger tire. or at least my 4s outcast tires wouldn't spin freely on them for some reason. Mojave tires worked on the typhon hubs (Mojave hubs are also shorter like the typhon) I put kraton hubs on and axles. if you run a truck body I'd go with kraton arms for sure for the clearance.
if you run the Mojave arms check your rear ears where the droop screws are. you might have to trim those parts to get the arms to get full travel. that will bite you in the butt if you go kraton arms later, the droop screws in those arms sit out farther and will be out in the air after you trim it.
Finished my new Talion body yesterday. The 4s outcast wheels balloon a bit but handle a lot better in the gravel than the stock tires.

Yoooo this body is gorgeous

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back