Typhon Truggified Typhon Complete

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The build looks great! I did this a few years ago and it's still my favorite RC rig. You'll burn through those MX 2.8 tires though. They just can't handle the 6s platform for too long. I went through a few sets and finally went with Mojave wheels/tires and haven't looked back. Cheers!
I'm surprised to hear this as I have both tires and I've blown up mojave tires before. What happened to your mx28? were they the Belted ones? I'm assuming not.

I'm surprised to hear this as I have both tires and I've blown up mojave tires before. What happened to your mx28? were they the Belted ones? I'm assuming not.
Don't get me wrong, they are awesome while they last. The traction of these things is just crazy. The rubber just starts to get stretched and overly soft and the foams fall apart inside. I also vent my tires as well. I've never used the belted MX2.8's though. They may be more durable. Instead of getting another set of MX28's, I went with the knock-off Mojave tires on Amazon and so far, they are working great. As with anything, your mileage may vary!!

Don't get me wrong, they are awesome while they last. The traction of these things is just crazy. The rubber just starts to get stretched and overly soft and the foams fall apart inside. I also vent my tires as well. I've never used the belted MX2.8's though. They may be more durable. Instead of getting another set of MX28's, I went with the knock-off Mojave tires on Amazon and so far, they are working great. As with anything, your mileage may vary!!
Ahh! I actually have the belted and non belted mx28 but the non belted ones definitely can't handle 6s. Mine were coming unglued even on 4s and they ballooned like CRAZY, I agree with you haha. The belted ones are a totally different animal though! Really nice and even lighter which is a great bonus.

Back