Truggified Typhon gone wrong

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blindy

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 6s
  2. Typhon 6s
It's almost too late to call this a build log.
Started out with a beat up Typhon roller which I wanted to truggify and a Shelby GT 350 shell that was meant to go on my Outcast.
Had a lot of Outcast parts in my spares box, found Talion 2018 shock towers on eBay and decided to build this thing completely from parts.

Now it's almost finished... IMG_20180206_212623.png IMG_20180206_211427.png

Will post more details later

Too low for my taste, and although body has a nice paint, not digging the car monster truck look.

Thats just my opinion. It does look like a very well built project, and I bet you make a post on CL it sells quick.

It's almost too late to call this a build log.
Started out with a beat up Typhon roller which I wanted to truggify and a Shelby GT 350 shell that was meant to go on my Outcast.
Had a lot of Outcast parts in my spares box, found Talion 2018 shock towers on eBay and decided to build this thing completely from parts.

Now it's almost finished...View attachment 15341 View attachment 15342

Will post more details later

What brand is that body? I likey

Did you use new 2018 talion from and rear shock towers and shocks I am trying to build a truggyfied typhon and only parts I can find are talion parts I don’t think many people have done that build I think I could be good one

Did you use new 2018 talion from and rear shock towers and shocks I am trying to build a truggyfied typhon and only parts I can find are talion parts I don’t think many people have done that build I think I could be good one
Yes, I did.

In fact, the car shown above turned out to become a 2018 Talion but with a short wheelbase chassis and chassis-braces (Outcast/Typhon/Senton) as well as wheel-hubs+axles+hexes from the Outcast/Kraton.

However, I have just recently put the Typhon back together so I took the opportunity to try the 2018 Talion shock towers on the Typhon (with pre-2018 Typhon shocks).
Front works no problem - with about 10mm less shock travel. rear also works with less shock travel, but you would have to find some shorter turnbuckles (or screw them all the way in) because the mounting holes for those on the rear shock tower are 76mm apart (on the Typhon only 56mm). 2018 Talion Front shocks should be about the same length as the Typhon shocks, but the rear is different. 2018 Talion shocks are at least 10mm longer than the Tython rear shocks.

front-talion-ontop.jpg front shock towers - Talion on top of Typhon

rear-typhon-on-top.jpg rear shock towers - Typhon on top of Talion

typhon-front-typhon.jpg front with Typhon shock tower

typhon-front-talion.jpg front with Talion shock tower (those are the same Typhon front shocks as above)

typhon-rear-typhon.jpg rear with Typhon shock tower

typhon-rear-talion.jpg rear with Talion shock tower

I haven't tried, but I guess fitting the standard Typhon wing mount could be difficult.
I use the RPM Wind mount on my "SWB Talion":
20180514_215727.jpg

Last edited:
Hey thanks for reply so fast and all the photos really helps to be able to see it before you try it out

On the Mustang-Monstertruck (short wheelbase Talion) I have 2018 Talion shocks.
On the Typhon there are the Typhon V2 shocks.

20180515_225348.jpg 20180515_225538.jpg

However, I think you could exchange the shocks between the two as the Typhon (pre-2018) shocks are only slightly shorter. Springs are quite different though and the 2018 shocks do have the stronger 4mm shock shafts.
20180515_220142.jpgfrom left to right: Typhon front shock, Talion 2018 front shock, Talion 2018 rear shock, Typhon rear shock

Awesome thanks I think you’re right close to same size

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back