Typhon Truggyfying with Hot Racing parts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WatahBoy

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 8s
Can someone tell me the difference between the Hot Racing HD (Legacy) and HD axcel carriers?
I'm planning on truggyfying my 2014 V1 Typhon 6s and was thinking of useing current Hot Racing kraton parts.
Thanks in advance!

I think part numbers will help... with stock going dry this year, I don't think there's much "legacy" to be found.
AON21M01 and AON22M01 are what you need for truggifying, plus outer axle shafts F&R.
The bearings are just listed by size and are type RS. Most RC bearings are Chinese good enough bearings, replace them when they're bad. Cheap by the dozen, or you can buy Eddie's if you think you'll gain an edge. VXB sells China ceramic component bearings, but once crap gets past the seals they're all the same. I say fresh trumps precision with toy car bearings. If you want to tighten sloppy fits with Arrma, get some CRC p/n CLN4738 shims to fix the wobbly axle stubs with (not every hub needs it, but 2-3 hubs per car do).

I think part numbers will help... with stock going dry this year, I don't think there's much "legacy" to be found.
AON21M01 and AON22M01 are what you need for truggifying, plus outer axle shafts F&R.
The bearings are just listed by size and are type RS. Most RC bearings are Chinese good enough bearings, replace them when they're bad. Cheap by the dozen, or you can buy Eddie's if you think you'll gain an edge. VXB sells China ceramic component bearings, but once crap gets past the seals they're all the same. I say fresh trumps precision with toy car bearings. If you want to tighten sloppy fits with Arrma, get some CRC p/n CLN4738 shims to fix the wobbly axle stubs with (not every hub needs it, but 2-3 hubs per car do).
Thanks for the reply!
I was wondering because AMain has part # AON21MA01, AON22MA01 listed as (Legacy) which seems to be for the earlier versions & part # AON21M01, AON22M01 for the later versions.
Thanks again!

^^^ Excellent point with the shimming. The only way to clean up some of the slop. If it matters to you. I do this. More critical with my On road rigs. My preference.

just go for the standard kraton hubs.
i understand you want bling bling😎i really regret those upgrades. what we all let ourselves be driven crazy by what someone else has 😎 and we must have that too.
I have more problems with it than it is practical. but you always find out later. because no one tells

Have those vitavon hubs from the kraton and not the hot racing ones. thinks the quality is better from vitavon than from hot racing. But a waste of my money and a useless upgrade in my eyes..

if you buy your car and it's new, every job is 5 minutes of tinkering and you are ready to bash again. But now every upgrade you SSD you have to remove every before you reach where you need to

Sorry for the dumb question, but how/where do you put the shims? My 6s typhon wheels are getting wobbley, and I I think this is the same thing?

No dumb questions, it's a friendly place.

They go over the outer axle, between the bearing and the hub that's fitted with a cross-pin.

I have a folliw up....same part number for all arrmas? And are these the same size as the diff shims?
They work for all 6s, because that's all I have. They are similar to diff shims (same ID) but they are smaller on the OD and .020 thick. In my perception, they make a tremendous difference, even if it is mostly the mental part of taking the wobble out of the wheels. Some hubs need one, some need three, and about one per vehicle doesn't need any shimming at all. If it can benefit, then shim it!

They work for all 6s, because that's all I have. They are similar to diff shims (same ID) but they are smaller on the OD and .020 thick. In my perception, they make a tremendous difference, even if it is mostly the mental part of taking the wobble out of the wheels. Some hubs need one, some need three, and about one per vehicle doesn't need any shimming at all. If it can benefit, then shim it!
Cool. Thanks for the info. Def gonna grab some for the 3s. And I gotta find the shims for the bell crank posts also

Dude , thanks loads. Couldnt get the CRC in the UK, but the Core RC CR453 shim equivalents have worked a dream.

Dude , thanks loads. Couldnt get the CRC in the UK, but the Core RC CR453 shim equivalents have worked a dream.
Yeah, made a big difference to me, too. For the future, it's a mandatory upgrade. Just like HR steering, hub shims are getting done right out of the box.

Yeah, made a big difference to me, too. For the future, it's a mandatory upgrade. Just like HR steering, hub shims are getting done right out of the box.
HR bell crank what u meant?? I had asked a hand full if folks and it came back split literally with 1 person saying it helped at first but then not . Ur opinion?? My damn BIG ROCK now that ive learned to bash like a big boy 😆 is even worse than before. I'm about to break it down replacing bearings so gonna shim thes things talked about and always been 👀 the HR bell crank

OMG that's all I needed to know, THANK YOU Monster and SEARCH BUTTON!!! and I thought google was my friend ....Paaaah

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back