Premium members don't see ads. Click here to upgrade.

Typhon Trugified Typhon in bash mode

Jimbobjr

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Kraton, Outcast, Typhon
I wanted to add a truck body to my typhon so I could run a t to t brace. Also wanted to be able to switch back and forth to the stock body no t to t with little effort. This is by no means a finished product but I went to my favorite dirt mound and had a trial run. Other than a little body trimming I think it is starting to come together.
The blue foam is great stuff. A lot of it gets thrown away at work and I grab it when I can. Extremely light weight but tough. Like styro foam but less annoying, cuts like butter and no mess. I landed on the lid a couple times today and it seamed to sopport well.
This thing is just such a great car trugified. Much lighter than the big arrmas and flies like a dream. I run it mostly on lighter weight 4s packs. Wheelies all over the place.
I’ll add another photo when I paint the body and if I change anything.
8DD859E9-B10D-4946-BC39-B835232E3A1C.jpeg5BA607C8-D2B8-4BFB-B27D-A5C33D675AE3.jpegF9432921-3C1B-45E6-AE99-094CEAAA775F.jpegC03A689F-1569-47CF-AF92-57A62995EC92.jpeg0960EC61-D447-479C-B179-3ED9B931991C.jpeg3770C2C8-7CCE-4605-A51D-923C056F0C11.jpeg

GottaGetEm

RC Bash Alot and the Timid Wife
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Kraton, Outcast, Raider, Talion, Typhon
Thanks for the idea. Cool stuff!! Can't wait to see the paint job.

bicketybam

Pathetic guy with a GoPro on his head
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Granite, Kraton, Talion, Typhon, Notorious, BigRock 4x4
Is the foam so that if you land on the lid the body doesn't get crushed?

Jimbobjr

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Kraton, Outcast, Typhon
Thanks for the idea. Cool stuff!! Can't wait to see the paint job.
Well, the paint job will mostly look like a 3rd grader did it but I’m getting better...

Is the foam so that if you land on the lid the body doesn't get crushed?
Yeah, we’ll see. These bodies are pretty tuff and this is not the 10lb Kraton so it may not need it. It looks like it adds a lot of weight up high but it weighs like nothing.
Also like the truck body idea for when it rolls. With the Typhon stock body once it rolls it rarely ends up on the wheels.
Jim

Jimbobjr

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Kraton, Outcast, Typhon
Finally painted the body. Tried some flames for the first time for something fun. Turned out pretty good and learned a lot about using liquid mask. It’s great stuff and I think I will have a much easier, nicer looking job next time.
5C88C904-C7BC-4DB8-9D8B-E741E948BC0F.jpeg4947F1C4-7642-47F7-B8BE-BEE77A69B7AA.jpeg408619BC-68C6-4DB9-811E-BCA66F56A58E.jpeg

bicketybam

Pathetic guy with a GoPro on his head
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Granite, Kraton, Talion, Typhon, Notorious, BigRock 4x4
Looks awesome!!!

Jimbobjr

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Kraton, Outcast, Typhon
Thanks guys. Hope the body last a while, my driving I doubt it though. reinforced it pretty good without making it too heavy. Someday when it stops raining I'll be able to run my cars again...
jim

Jimbobjr

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Kraton, Outcast, Typhon
This is by far my toughest truck, nothing broken yet. Body, sadly, has a couple cracks but nothing major, wing mount is bent up but still there. On thanksgiving day we were at my inlaws and I brought my trucks. Out of four trucks the trugged typhon was the only one left with no damage. Kraton, broken front arm, Muckraker, broken shock rod and suspension mount, RedCat Volcano wheel nut flew off and servo saver issue. Found a really nice part to bash, lots of features, now inlaws have three teenagers asking for some rc cars for Christmas. it was worth it.
jim

Drtybird

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Kraton
What mods did you do to build a truggified typhon

Jimbobjr

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Kraton, Outcast, Typhon
What mods did you do to build a truggified typhon
You need to buy the Kraton axles, hub carrier, and hexes. (Here’s a great video explaining this by RichDuperbash ).
Hardest part was figuring out how I wanted to mount the body. Senton body mounts may be the way to go if you are not using a tower to tower. I used some force rc mounts which seem tough enough and mounted them to the t to t so I can just remove it and put the typhon body on.
Being much lighter, having shorter arms and lighter smaller wheels it breaks far less than my Kraton when flailing about.

bluedeval03

Premium Member!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Typhon
Premium members don't see ads. Click here to upgrade.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Wmorgan Electronics 19
bicketybam Arrma 6s BLX 6
2 Arrma 6s BLX 4
Jimmyjam Arrma 6s BLX 10