Typhon Trugified Typhon in bash mode

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the heads up. Been trying to figure out the best way to mount a truck body onto my typhon. Seems like this way work ok?

Out of curiosity is the Kraton body not going to be too long? Or is the 4s version sufficiently shorter?
The 4s Kraton is nearly the same wheelbase. Typhon 6s is 12.91, Kraton 4s is 12.87 so pretty much the same. Kraton is a little wider so I may put on the longer arms but with talion hubs, axles and hexes to make it nearly identical in size to the 4s Kraton.

The 4s Kraton is nearly the same wheelbase. Typhon 6s is 12.91, Kraton 4s is 12.87 so pretty much the same. Kraton is a little wider so I may put on the longer arms but with talion hubs, axles and hexes to make it nearly identical in size to the 4s Kraton.
Ah nice that is convenient.

Still running this a lot. Truck body sadly, is destroyed. Thought this was a funny pic.

Attachments

• 20200307_170807.jpg
    20200307_170807.jpg
    603.5 KB · Views: 71
  • 20200307_170752.jpg
    20200307_170752.jpg
    544.2 KB · Views: 63
I think the kraton 4s is the best body you can put on the trugified typhon. I was tired of the typhon body and the old truck body is toast. Had to make body mounts and getting the wing perfect was not easy. High density foam block for a soft wing mount. Hex extenders are from somewhere I don't recall. They needed a better hole location on the axles. Waiting for my tires to come in the mail. Nothing fancy under the body, functions as it should though. If I break an arm I will buy a set of mojava arms and do away with the extenders.

This setup is nearly identical in size and weight as the 4s kraton.
20200418_163505.jpg
20200418_163550.jpg
20200418_163456.jpg
20200418_163038.jpg
20200418_163022.jpg
20200418_163010.jpg
20200418_163116.jpg
20200418_163054.jpg
20200418_163201.jpg

Made a kydex bumper. Always have trouble with the t bones getting caught on everything and ripping off. They are not bent up enough.

I'll let you know how it holds up.
20200427_133723.jpg
20200427_133627.jpg
20200427_133649.jpg
20200427_133746.jpg

Good idea. I just installed a TBR front bumper on my Granite, and am a bit worried about how low it is. I'll hit it with the mini-torch before my next run.

(y)

So hows everything holding up? Did u make the metal body post attachments?
It’s holding up well. I straighten the towers now and then and seized a bearing in the motor (easy fixes). Other than that I can’t think of anything. I made the mounts for the Kraton 4s body. You can use Senton mounts or possibly others. I just did not want to add more holes for a different mount area on the already finished body.
I’m going to make braces, towers and possibly use a tekno wing mount in the future. Also thinking about changing the chassis to the light weight m2c with the cut outs or the exb one though the stock one is still okay. I’ve been busy lately with other work around the house though...

It’s holding up well. I straighten the towers now and then and seized a bearing in the motor (easy fixes). Other than that I can’t think of anything. I made the mounts for the Kraton 4s body. You can use Senton mounts or possibly others. I just did not want to add more holes for a different mount area on the already finished body.
I’m going to make braces, towers and possibly use a tekno wing mount in the future. Also thinking about changing the chassis to the light weight m2c with the cut outs or the exb one though the stock one is still okay. I’ve been busy lately with other work around the house though...
What kinds tools did u have to use? I really like the idea of making my own mounts..i also was thinking about making a mount for double rear shocks..

What kinds tools did u have to use? I really like the idea of making my own mounts..i also was thinking about making a mount for double rear shocks..
I’m a machinist and have a few old machine tools in my garage. Southbend 10’ lathe, Bridgeport j head mill, delta band saw and a dremel. There’s a lot you can make with a jig saw and a dremel. Mock things up with cardboard cut outs of what you’re trying to make and go from there.

I’m a machinist and have a few old machine tools in my garage. Southbend 10’ lathe, Bridgeport j head mill, delta band saw and a dremel. There’s a lot you can make with a jig saw and a dremel. Mock things up with cardboard cut outs of what you’re trying to make and go

I’m a machinist and have a few old machine tools in my garage. Southbend 10’ lathe, Bridgeport j head mill, delta band saw and a dremel. There’s a lot you can make with a jig saw and a dremel. Mock things up with cardboard cut outs of what you’re trying to make and go from there.
thats pretty dope! I have access to scrap metal (there brand new small pieces that get cut off ehen the job starts)at work i think im gonna give it a shot..i already have a dremel and jig saw..thanks for the insperation!

Hi, I have a box with everything to make a similar build and a Kraton 4S clear body. Does the K4S body fit On the chassis with the side guards? I tried on my Outcast but the chassis with the side guards is a little bit wider than the body

Hi, I have a box with everything to make a similar build and a Kraton 4S clear body. Does the K4S body fit On the chassis with the side guards? I tried on my Outcast but the chassis with the side guards is a little bit wider than the body
I run mine with the typhon side guards. Fits perfect, just have to workout your mounting and get the wing to look right and you’re good.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back