Typhon Trugified Typhon in bash mode

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimbobjr

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Mojave EXB
  4. Outcast 6s
  5. Talion
  6. Typhon 6s
I wanted to add a truck body to my typhon so I could run a t to t brace. Also wanted to be able to switch back and forth to the stock body no t to t with little effort. This is by no means a finished product but I went to my favorite dirt mound and had a trial run. Other than a little body trimming I think it is starting to come together.
The blue foam is great stuff. A lot of it gets thrown away at work and I grab it when I can. Extremely light weight but tough. Like styro foam but less annoying, cuts like butter and no mess. I landed on the lid a couple times today and it seamed to sopport well.
This thing is just such a great car trugified. Much lighter than the big arrmas and flies like a dream. I run it mostly on lighter weight 4s packs. Wheelies all over the place.
I’ll add another photo when I paint the body and if I change anything.
8DD859E9-B10D-4946-BC39-B835232E3A1C.jpeg5BA607C8-D2B8-4BFB-B27D-A5C33D675AE3.jpegF9432921-3C1B-45E6-AE99-094CEAAA775F.jpegC03A689F-1569-47CF-AF92-57A62995EC92.jpeg0960EC61-D447-479C-B179-3ED9B931991C.jpeg3770C2C8-7CCE-4605-A51D-923C056F0C11.jpeg

Thanks for the idea. Cool stuff!! Can't wait to see the paint job.

Thanks for the idea. Cool stuff!! Can't wait to see the paint job.
Well, the paint job will mostly look like a 3rd grader did it but I’m getting better...

Is the foam so that if you land on the lid the body doesn't get crushed?
Yeah, we’ll see. These bodies are pretty tuff and this is not the 10lb Kraton so it may not need it. It looks like it adds a lot of weight up high but it weighs like nothing.
Also like the truck body idea for when it rolls. With the Typhon stock body once it rolls it rarely ends up on the wheels.
Jim

Finally painted the body. Tried some flames for the first time for something fun. Turned out pretty good and learned a lot about using liquid mask. It’s great stuff and I think I will have a much easier, nicer looking job next time.
5C88C904-C7BC-4DB8-9D8B-E741E948BC0F.jpeg4947F1C4-7642-47F7-B8BE-BEE77A69B7AA.jpeg408619BC-68C6-4DB9-811E-BCA66F56A58E.jpeg

Thanks guys. Hope the body last a while, my driving I doubt it though. reinforced it pretty good without making it too heavy. Someday when it stops raining I'll be able to run my cars again...
jim

This is by far my toughest truck, nothing broken yet. Body, sadly, has a couple cracks but nothing major, wing mount is bent up but still there. On thanksgiving day we were at my inlaws and I brought my trucks. Out of four trucks the trugged typhon was the only one left with no damage. Kraton, broken front arm, Muckraker, broken shock rod and suspension mount, RedCat Volcano wheel nut flew off and servo saver issue. Found a really nice part to bash, lots of features, now inlaws have three teenagers asking for some rc cars for Christmas. it was worth it.
jim

What mods did you do to build a truggified typhon
You need to buy the Kraton axles, hub carrier, and hexes. (Here’s a great video explaining this by RichDuperbash ).
Hardest part was figuring out how I wanted to mount the body. Senton body mounts may be the way to go if you are not using a tower to tower. I used some force rc mounts which seem tough enough and mounted them to the t to t so I can just remove it and put the typhon body on.
Being much lighter, having shorter arms and lighter smaller wheels it breaks far less than my Kraton when flailing about.

After seven months or so this is still running great. Change up my tower brace a little and went the a full set of talion shocks. Also changed my body mounts to senton mounts which I rigged up to work. Not the prettiest but very effective basher. Only broke a few things and had to straighten the towers a couple times
BEDF6FA8-8B54-4C8C-BF7F-CA4CBE61D637.jpeg
E19255F6-995D-4937-A47A-B628C98FEF76.jpeg
503DE3C6-335E-4556-B1A4-B28DFBC592EB.jpeg

After seven months or so this is still running great. Change up my tower brace a little and went the a full set of talion shocks. Also changed my body mounts to senton mounts which I rigged up to work. Not the prettiest but very effective basher. Only broke a few things and had to straighten the towers a couple times
View attachment 42138View attachment 42139View attachment 42140

What are you using for body mounts? And did you have to modify anything to get them mounted or do they just bolt up to existing shocktower holes?

What are you using for body mounts? And did you have to modify anything to get them mounted or do they just bolt up to existing shocktower holes?
They are the Senton 6s body mounts front and rear. The Senton towers are slightly different so it’s not a direct fir. I cut them and took out the middle section and mounted them to the stay holes. It’s not as good as it could be, I just wanted to get the full life out of this body. My original mounts broke which were part of the t2t. I am going to try and us a 4s Kraton body on this next when this body no longer stays on which will be very soon. At that point this may get a full make over with some towers and bracing which the body mounts will be incorporated into the shock towers with their own holes.

They are the Senton 6s body mounts front and rear. The Senton towers are slightly different so it’s not a direct fir. I cut them and took out the middle section and mounted them to the stay holes. It’s not as good as it could be, I just wanted to get the full life out of this body. My original mounts broke which were part of the t2t. I am going to try and us a 4s Kraton body on this next when this body no longer stays on which will be very soon. At that point this may get a full make over with some towers and bracing which the body mounts will be incorporated into the shock towers with their own holes.

Thanks for the heads up. Been trying to figure out the best way to mount a truck body onto my typhon. Seems like this way work ok?

Out of curiosity is the Kraton body not going to be too long? Or is the 4s version sufficiently shorter?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back