Talion Trying different tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

craig72

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Nero
  3. Talion
  4. Typhon 6s
We do a lot of driving/bashing around in large fields of low cut grass. My Talion currently has the Backflip LP (4s) tires which handle pretty well. One thing I don't care for in the grass is how easily it flips when trying to make tighter turns at anything above a very slow speed. I'm looking for a little drift! I'm going to give these new Minokawas a go. Read a couple reviews where people enjoyed them for grass-bashing. Pretty much the same size as the Backflip, just not as aggressive tread. Anyone used them?

PXL_20220602_223407165.jpg

PXL_20220602_223348067.jpg

PXL_20220602_223706848.jpg

We do a lot of driving/bashing around in large fields of low cut grass. My Talion currently has the Backflip LP (4s) tires which handle pretty well. One thing I don't care for in the grass is how easily it flips when trying to make tighter turns at anything above a very slow speed. I'm looking for a little drift! I'm going to give these new Minokawas a go. Read a couple reviews where people enjoyed them for grass-bashing. Pretty much the same size as the Backflip, just not as aggressive tread. Anyone used them?

View attachment 221319

View attachment 221320

View attachment 221321

Those just might work. For the reason you posted I have two sets of tires for my bashers TLR, Losi, Kraton, Big Rock, etc. For the Kraton I do not run the Backflips LP 4S in the grass or patchy grass in my case to your point I want to slip and drift but still with fun and traction. Those just grip too much I save them for very loose terrain.

Keep us posted on them. I use the PowerHobby Scorpion on my Kraton EXB for what you are looking for. I get lots of traction, drift in the grass, does not bite or flip in turns just a joy. I was sold on them when I saw JayTee run them on his Talion I will post the video because I was looking for the same.

My PowerHobby same as JT:
1654264092799.png

His video and like his I feel NO POWER loss with these tires in low grass and bashing is just pure fun!

Those just might work. For the reason you posted I have two sets of tires for my bashers TLR, Losi, Kraton, Big Rock, etc. For the Kraton I do not run the Backflips LP 4S in the grass or patchy grass in my case to your point I want to slip and drift but still with fun and traction. Those just grip too much I save them for very loose terrain.

Keep us posted on them. I use the PowerHobby Scorpion on my Kraton EXB for what you are looking for. I get lots of traction, drift in the grass, does not bite or flip in turns just a joy. I was sold on them when I saw JayTee run them on his Talion I will post the video because I was looking for the same.

Interesting. I'll report back once we run them. I'll also keep those tires you mentioned in mind for my EXB. Its a bit flippy in the grass as well with its stock tires. Thanks for the tip!

Finally got around to running these this past weekend. I give them a thumbs up! My daughter was driving the Talion and mentioned how much better she liked the handling. I don't think she flipped it once while bashing around. Takes the 6s power well. I'm running a Max6/4985 geared at 46/22 and we had no separation issues. Also got some ramp time, and it handled that with ease.
If you run in loose terrain, these might not give you the bite you want, but they worked great in the grass!

I want to try the new 4s copperhead 2s on my talion v3 but there a bit over priced compared to the 4s backflips

I just tried this setup as I myself was using the same 4s backflips..little more fun with these stock v3 kraton tires

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back