Trying out Duratrax 3.8 six-pack on Kraton 6s. Anyone else?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Armarookie43

Very Active Member
Excellence Award
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Mojave EXB
  6. Outcast 8s
  7. Typhon 6s
These things are huge. I'll probably gear down between 13-15 tooth. Has anyone else tried these? Non belted. They look and feel good. Already vented and taped the inside holes :
20200711_154718.jpg
20200711_154709.jpg

It sure looks good with those tires. Can you steer without the tires rubbing the body ?
Yeah it was obvious that there was going to be too much rubbing. So I went with plan B. The Outcast 6s has way more room with the crappy proline body. No rubbing. They are monster truck tires anyways and the powerhobby servo inside the Outcast is way more powerful than the cheap one inside the Kraton :
20200711_175031.jpg
20200711_175022.jpg

hows the steering? tires look pretty tight to the body
I didn't try it, but there will be no problem with the powerhobby servo inside my Outcast 6s. That servo has lots of toque.

Tried them on my mojave (with kraton suspension). Really don't like them. They balloon to much for me and the truck wheelies at any throttle with them. I do have a max6 and 4985 though.
1594521565951.png

1594521454418.png

Tried them on my mojave (with kraton suspension). Really don't like them. They balloon to much for me and the truck wheelies at any throttle with them. I do have a max6 and 4985 though.
View attachment 89187

View attachment 89186
Cool. Thanks for the feedback. Yeah I'm going to try them out on my stock gearing on my Outcast 6s tomorrow. Did you vent them? TBH that sounds like too much speed for MT tires in your case.

I'm heading out to the park for a bash session. I'll check back here and let everyone know how these tires did. They were $39 plus tax at the LHS, which was the same price for some Arrma smaller backflips for the O6S.

OK I'm back after a couple of 6s packs. They do balloon in the front like crazy on stock gearing despite me venting them. They do slow things up while taking off, but once I hit high speed it's not an issue. I can still do wheelies and stunts. It's funny because when you land, it's like landing on 4 pillows. I'll keep testing them. There was a lot of body rubbing with the Outcast proline body too. I don't know how bad they are going to be for the diffs long term. They are a bit heavier than the stock O6S tires. So I have mixed feelings about these tires so far. The good news is that they didn't rip or came unglued. Like I said before, they balloon a bit too much. I think they would be perfect for skateparks where you don't need much speed. I was able to do backflips and double backflips off my small ramps. No issue at all with that. You just need some room to get to speed. I'm assuming that the stock steering servo would be toast with these, but my high torque powerhobby servo had no issues moving these things. Would I buy them again? Probably. I try not to do standing backflips or self riding since that has granaded my diffs before. I don't know if these tires would granade my diffs. Thoughts on that?
20200712_100942.jpg
20200712_100937.jpg

After further inspection of these tires after a couple of battery packs, I did find the left front one came unglued a bit but it's not damaged. I'll just reglue it.

Guess you should have gotten the 1/2" offset version and perhaps the ST vs MT version.

I tried buying a set of the 2.8 Stakker MT's 1/2" offset for the rear of my eJato as it spins constantly in the grass with the trencher 2.8's. They are a mean looking tire... but they were out of stock and I'm trying to get them to change the order to the Faze MT's.

2.8 stakkers:
61Z7GNOxjvL._AC_SL1400_.jpg

2.8 Faze:
61cSqIxJoCL._AC_SL1400_.jpg

I've seen videos of the 3.8" stakkers on trucks... they look crazy big and mean.

I just hope they don't mess up our diffs. 6s diffs on the Arrmas are pretty weak. But they don't weigh all that much right?
Probably doesn't matter... just shattered the pins and a sun gear in my rear diff in my outcast with strapped backflips a couple days ago. The first time ever that I broke anything inside the diff. Usually just the ring/pinion. Luckily, after going through 7 ring/pinions last year, I have a bag full of nearly new inside parts.

Well today's bash didn't go so well with these tires. The right front rim cracked where the hub goes. To be fair, I hit a tree branch while backflipping all over the place. So now I have to decide if I want to get two more of these tires ?
20200905_123350.jpg

Does anyone know if duratrax make the six pack tires that are belted? Also would anyone go down to the 2.8s on a Talion? Everything is stock other then the Amazon servo

Well today's bash didn't go so well with these tires. The right front rim cracked where the hub goes. To be fair, I hit a tree branch while backflipping all over the place. So now I have to decide if I want to get two more of these tires ?
View attachment 98441

those holes all around the hex is bs! That’s engineered failure. That is disgusting!

those holes all around the hex is bs! That’s engineered failure. That is disgusting!
Yeah I'm going to have to agree with you. I don't know why they had to put those holes there. It sure makes the part weaker. I decided to go with something else (including the vehicle). I wouldn't buy them again though.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back