Trying out the new GPM diff case

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Headbangerfacerip

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Outcast 6s
So i saw this on eBay, noone would buy it But it's almost half the price of the hot racing so i got one. I have all gpm parts on two of my rc18r cars and they seem to be of high quality so ill do a quick review.

Ok I don't have a hot racing one to compare it to and if anyone out there has one they want to give to be send it over and I'll do a nice comparison lol so now onto the nice new GPM diff. I got it in a cool blue color that seems to be more then just a paint job. I guess it's anodized or something like that cause it seems to go all the way through which is nice as it will get scratched up and at least it'll stay blue. It seems to have a pretty tight hole for the output shaft. It was a little loose so i had to put a little shim on the outside of shaft just to tighten it up. The stock one needed the same treatment so no big deal. The spiders fit really really snug and after i loaded it with 100k and put a fresh losi gasket on it it's ready to install back in the truck and shread!!

I'll come back after i put a few packs through it and we'll see if it stays nice and tight.

20180429_175937.jpg

20180429_180626.jpg

20180429_172257.jpg

20180429_182857.jpg

Hi

All of the GPM parts I ever got were made of soft aluminum. If its not made from 7075 T6 aluminum it's not worth getting, unless of course your planning on making a shelf queen.

Hi

All of the GPM parts I ever got were made of soft aluminum. If its not made from 7075 T6 aluminum it's not worth getting, unless of course your planning on making a shelf queen.
Too bad FLM doesn't make some. What was that other company that made those back in the day... Nova?

Ok so i beat the poop out of this thing with four packs so far. 2 4s and 2 6s and it's still brand new. I do have it sitting in all hit racing center peices to keep it straight but it seems to be going great. I didn't get it out to the sand pits yet but I'm hoping to next weekend. Ill get some picks up soon.

looks good in its new home.
1526264445683512958000.jpg

Ok so i beat the poop out of this thing with four packs so far. 2 4s and 2 6s and it's still brand new. I do have it sitting in all hit racing center peices to keep it straight but it seems to be going great. I didn't get it out to the sand pits yet but I'm hoping to next weekend. Ill get some picks up soon.

Keep me posted. My center diff keeps leaking oil. New gasket and oil only last a couple weeks or so. I want to try a new diff case other than stock. Did you use locktite on it? Just curious incase I order it. Haha

Hi

Hi

Their shock towers are thicker and stronger than the stock ones, I managed to bend one(backwards roof landing onto the road and the shock tower dug into the asphalt) and it was hell trying to bend it back into shape, the stock one was super easy to bend back into shape and to get bent again. I have not had any issues with the GPM shock tower since.
Their turnbuckles and pretty much anything they make out of plastic is just pure garbage though.
Exhibit A GPM turnbuckles for a Mini E Revo.
dWJRGqKl.jpg

Also I have their center diff mount for my Outcast and it is 2mm shorter than the stock one, the stock screws would not fit into the top of it either.

That being said I still want to try their diff cups, suspension hangers, front shock tower and maybe the axle carriers and bulkheads.

glad I seen this, I was planning on ordering these for the Kraton. don't need new ones, but the GPM ones do look nice.
The only issues I have seen with the Arrma GPM turnbuckles is the rod ends pull out, and as far as I know no one makes rod ends that size.

Im not sure about a few weeks cause i run mine a poop ton and in a "few weeks" i probably would have rebuilt all the diffs and the shocks about a dozen times at least... poop i rebuild my race stuff like everytime i use it lol the only thing i don't touch untill it breaks is my scaler.

I ran another two packs through it sense my last post and everything still is tight and clean. I used blue locktight.. Im going to be really hurting it this weekend so stay tuned

Im not sure about a few weeks cause i run mine a poop ton and in a "few weeks" i probably would have rebuilt all the diffs and the shocks about a dozen times at least... poop i rebuild my race stuff like everytime i use it lol the only thing i don't touch untill it breaks is my scaler.

I ran another two packs through it sense my last post and everything still is tight and clean. I used blue locktight.. Im going to be really hurting it this weekend so stay tuned

That's awesome. I think I might order some. Sick of the screws coming lose on the stock diff cup.

After a few of these and about 5 packs I'm going to take out the gpm diff and check it tonight. Make sure to check back to see how it holds up

Screenshot_2018-05-25-12-53-07.png

Ok so i took it apart and one screw was loose so it leaked a tiny bit nothing crazy. It's cause i didn't use lock tight. But i put it back together and well see what happens next time.
20180525_231522.jpg
20180525_232940.jpg
20180525_232112.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back