Trying out the new GPM diff case

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi

If GMP used soft aluminum then these are the spots you will need to keep an eye on.

View attachment 18999 View attachment 18998
Don't you mean because GPM uses soft aluminum?

I don't think you could fit any more arrows in that picture. Haha from what you're saying, the whole thing is weak?
The aluminum that GPM uses is probably on par with the aluminum that Integy uses, ie subpar cheap Chinese aluminum.
After my most recent experience with GPMs products I would never recommend anyone to ever buy their products for use in a basher, wanna build a shelf queen go to town. But if you are building an rc that is going to be used save yourself time, money and frustration and buy a quality product from Hot Racing, Voltage Hobbies, GKA Custom Parts or Alza Racing.

Last edited:
I guess i will find out. I have about a dozen packs through it now and im not easy on my poop. I pretty much broke everything at least once so far. And i mean everything. I had to shim it inside so it would be tighter so as long as it doesn't get any play it shouldn't start making those spots ' bigger' if you get what i mean. The spots you highlight are the normal spots of wear in any diff no matter if your taking about rc cars, street cars, or a 800hp drag car. That's why shimming spider gears is so important. Not everything is better when it's tighter ;)

But thats for the heads up ill keep an eye out.

I guess i will find out. I have about a dozen packs through it now and im not easy on my poop. I pretty much broke everything at least once so far. And i mean everything. I had to shim it inside so it would be tighter so as long as it doesn't get any play it shouldn't start making those spots ' bigger' if you get what i mean. The spots you highlight are the normal spots of wear in any diff no matter if your taking about rc cars, street cars, or a 800hp drag car. That's why shimming spider gears is so important. Not everything is better when it's tighter ;)

But thats for the heads up ill keep an eye out.

I'm still on the fence about their diff cups I haven't seen anyone with a damaged one yet, but pretty much everything else they make for these vehicles what I have seen is not good.
Shock towers bend just as easy as the stock ones.
Steering and camber links the rod ends are trash and pull out and I am not aware of anyone else that makes rod ends that big.
Chassis braces a member posted in another thread said that his were about 2mm too short and the screw holes would not line up.
The suspension holders break just as easy as the stock ones.
The center diff mount that I purchased was about 2mm shorter than the stock one, the center hole for the diff was at the correct height thankfully and I had to add 4 shims to remove all the side to side play in the center diff.

Yea that's why i wanted to do a review on it cause i say all that stuff too but nothing on diff cups. So i figured id try it out Lol for 16$ its less then a 30 pack of millers. Lol. Im going to be buying a hot racing one just to compare but that's way down on the list right now.
Speaking of rodends... I just picked up a few mini heim joints I'm going to put together for the steering ill post a pick of them up but that's going to be a different thread.

15274608819951399506811.jpg

Yea that's why i wanted to do a review on it cause i say all that stuff too but nothing on diff cups. So i figured id try it out Lol for 16$ its less then a 30 pack of millers. Lol. Im going to be buying a hot racing one just to compare but that's way down on the list right now.
Speaking of rodends... I just picked up a few mini heim joints I'm going to put together for the steering ill post a pick of them up but that's going to be a different thread.

For that price, who cares if they don't last that long. Haha :) I'm just sick of tightening the screws every time I want to use it so they don't leak.

Lol true that's what I'm saying!!!! But hopefully the lock tight holds it good cause it didn't leak till about the 10th pack and that was with no lock tight. (I ran out and had to go get some)

Lol true that's what I'm saying!!!! But hopefully the lock tight holds it good cause it didn't leak till about the 10th pack and that was with no lock tight. (I ran out and had to go get some)

That's about 9 more packs than I get out of the stock one. Haha It's only my center diff that the screws loosen up on and start leaking. The other two are fine. I'm gonna look for one on Ebay after I send this. Haha

Im waiting for the front inner heims to get here. It's going to be forever cause it's stupid Japan. #buyjapannotchina

Ps i will post up a link to the new thread as soon as i start.

Last edited:
Got another dozen or so packs through the gpm diff and everything seems to be holding up great. I need to say that when using lock tight no matter on what make sure not to stress it right away. Its best to wait a while befor use to get the strongest hold. But i guess that is what it says on the package. Lol. I just never use to wait. And it does make a big difference.

Got another dozen or so packs through the gpm diff and everything seems to be holding up great. I need to say that when using lock tight no matter on what make sure not to stress it right away. Its best to wait a while befor use to get the strongest hold. But i guess that is what it says on the package. Lol. I just never use to wait. And it does make a big difference.
I was always told to let it set for about 24 hours.
I really wish GPM would find a US distributor for their products. It can't be that hard there are already thousands of US sellers on eBay who carry Chinese rc products.

I was always told to let it set for about 24 hours.
I really wish GPM would find a US distributor for their products. It can't be that hard there are already thousands of US sellers on eBay who carry Chinese rc products.
I agree!!! It took forever to get to my house when i ordered it. Is almost worth tge extra 10$ for tge hit racing one just to get it in a week instead of a month lol.

I hate Facebook sometimes.
GPM diff cup on left, hot racing on the right.
FB_IMG_1529938013165.jpg

I run the HR one in my Typhon/Outcast crossover and the GPM one in my Talion. Been running them for awhile and both have wore about equally. I bought several GPM parts awhile back and it has been a lot better than I expected. Their front upper hinge hanger is garbage.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back