Trying out the new GPM diff case

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was always told to let it set for about 24 hours.
I really wish GPM would find a US distributor for their products. It can't be that hard there are already thousands of US sellers on eBay who carry Chinese rc products.

“hobby etc” in Hollis New Hampshire is a big seller of GPM parts. I have not been there in ages.

Any updates on this?
I have been beating them for a while now and they still are in great shape. I rebuild them about every 7-8 packs just cause i like to and they don't need anymore shims then they did on day one. Good stuff in my opinion. I actually bought 3 more just so they can be color coated so i know what one goes where lol and i have one spare.

What ever happened to the link you promised Headbangerfacerip...

What ever happened to the link you promised Headbangerfacerip...

The link for the turnbuckle? If thats what your talking about then im sorry i just haven't had time. I have been using my ascender mostly for some reason. And also i have been trying out usgt and its taking a lot of my time up lol. Once it gets cold out ill be doing all the fab work on the arrma so ill put up the info i promise.

It was a thread you created that you mentioned couple times?

Ok so i took it apart and one screw was loose so it leaked a tiny bit nothing crazy. It's cause i didn't use lock tight. But i put it back together and well see what happens next time. View attachment 18993View attachment 18994View attachment 18995
I have found that using metal center diff housings have caused me issuses over the past year so i stick with plastic there not on the other hadn idk b/c i have metal diff housings and have no problems but i deffently know that the center is a weak spot for metal diff housings idk why but it is

I have found that using metal center diff housings have caused me issuses over the past year so i stick with plastic there not on the other hadn idk b/c i have metal diff housings and have no problems but i deffently know that the center is a weak spot for metal diff housings idk why but it is
What kind of issues? Blown bearings or something?

Any updates on this?
Ok so I have been beating the poop out of these for a while now and legit they still look brand new inside. I'll post pictures in a few minutes. I probably ran maybe 100 packs on them (I got all three once i notice how good they hold up). I should note that I make sure the planetary gears are shimmed perfectly and then i shim the whole diff left to right in the housing and then shim the input gear in and out. So i guess what I'm trying to say is if you set these up good and the right way they can last forever.

The image looks weird but the blue one is just a little scratched up but thats about it after like 100 packs

So i saw this on eBay, noone would buy it But it's almost half the price of the hot racing so i got one. I have all gpm parts on two of my rc18r cars and they seem to be of high quality so ill do a quick review.

Ok I don't have a hot racing one to compare it to and if anyone out there has one they want to give to be send it over and I'll do a nice comparison lol so now onto the nice new GPM diff. I got it in a cool blue color that seems to be more then just a paint job. I guess it's anodized or something like that cause it seems to go all the way through which is nice as it will get scratched up and at least it'll stay blue. It seems to have a pretty tight hole for the output shaft. It was a little loose so i had to put a little shim on the outside of shaft just to tighten it up. The stock one needed the same treatment so no big deal. The spiders fit really really snug and after i loaded it with 100k and put a fresh losi gasket on it it's ready to install back in the truck and shread!!

I'll come back after i put a few packs through it and we'll see if it stays nice and tight.

View attachment 18312
View attachment 18313
View attachment 18314
View attachment 18315

Ok so I have been beating the poop out of these for a while now and legit they still look brand new inside. I'll post pictures in a few minutes. I probably ran maybe 100 packs on them (I got all three once i notice how good they hold up). I should note that I make sure the planetary gears are shimmed perfectly and then i shim the whole diff left to right in the housing and then shim the input gear in and out. So i guess what I'm trying to say is if you set these up good and the right way they can last forever.
View attachment 48683
The image looks weird but the blue one is just a little scratched up but thats about it after like 100 packs

The one I bought has been good so far. I'm pretty sure I've had it for almost a year now lol.

View attachment 48683
On the blue one, the area around where the output shaft goes seems ground down compared to the orange one.

Hi

All of the GPM parts I ever got were made of soft aluminum. If its not made from 7075 T6 aluminum it's not worth getting, unless of course your planning on making a shelf queen.

They're all most from 6061-T6 alloy, which is plenty strong enough for this application.

Have never had an issue with any GPM parts. Not sure why people are so anti-GPM.

They're all most from 6061-T6 alloy, which is plenty strong enough for this application.

Have never had an issue with any GPM parts. Not sure why people are so anti-GPM.
Cheap plastics, fitment issues and weak parts.

My stock rear shock tower took 2-3 months of 6s abuse to do this without the wing and wheelie bar!
SSYuGad.jpg

GPM didn't even survive one crash on 4s with the wing and wheelie bar on.
oxO5Asvl.jpg

Exhibit B.
Gpm toe and camber links from a Mini E-Revo. Didn't even survive one pack.
dWJRGqK.jpg

There are quite a few threads on here of people having issues with a lot of their products, now go search other rc forums and you will find the same thing, people with issues with a lot of their parts. Look at reviews of their parts again not so good.

Now not all of their parts are garbage, but do you really want to scrounge around in a landfill hoping to find a diamond?

The GPM toe links I have have been sensational on my Notorious. Not sure what you're doing to damage them in such a way. Any part will be susceptible to damage if you crash hard enough. Maybe you need to question your ability rather than the parts you're using?

Currently running GPM toe links, chassis supports, shock towers, diff cases, hub carriers and never had an issue with any of them in any way.

The GPM toe links I have have been sensational on my Notorious. Not sure what you're doing to damage them in such a way. Any part will be susceptible to damage if you crash hard enough. Maybe you need to question your ability rather than the parts you're using?

Currently running GPM toe links, chassis supports, shock towers, diff cases, hub carriers and never had an issue with any of them in any way.
If it was my driving I wouldn't be the only one who has issues with their parts, and based on your answer you never bothered to look at any reviews of their products or any forum posts about their products for that matter. And 1 person out of hundreds of other who have issues with their products doesn't make a product good.

And again like I said not all of their products are garbage, I have just learned which ones to avoid over the years. Anything that provides any sort of structural support, anything that has plastic parts on it, gears and driveshafts are a no go. Their diff cups, gearboxes, axle carriers and shocks(once you replace the plastic rod ends) actually aren't too bad.

If it was my driving I wouldn't be the only one who has issues with their parts, and based on your answer you never bothered to look at any reviews of their products or any forum posts about their products for that matter. And 1 person out of hundreds of other who have issues with their products doesn't make a product good.

And again like I said not all of their products are garbage, I have just learned which ones to avoid over the years. Anything that provides any sort of structural support, anything that has plastic parts on it, gears and driveshafts are a no go. Their diff cups, gearboxes, axle carriers and shocks(once you replace the plastic rod ends) actually aren't too bad.
15 years or so ago they used to be pretty good. Dynamite, GPM, Golden Horizon, Hardcore Racing, RC Solutions, ACNCM all had good stuff. But the past 5+ years or so, GPM has become like Integy and Hot Racing. Very hit or miss on what's good vs what isn't.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back