Big Rock Trying to decide.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBadazz

RCHolic
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. BigRock 4x4
  3. Felony
  4. Fireteam
  5. Granite
  6. Infraction
  7. Limitless
  8. Kraton 8S
  9. Kraton 6s
  10. Mojave EXB
  11. Notorious
  12. Outcast 4s
  13. Outcast 6s
  14. Outcast 8s
  15. Senton 6s
  16. Senton 3s
  17. Senton Mega
  18. Talion
  19. Typhon 3s
  20. Typhon 6s
  21. Vendetta
  22. Vorteks
  23. Infraction 4x4
I'm trying to decide what my next Arrma should be. I already have a V3 Kraton, Infraction, 4S OC, 3S Typhon, Mega Granite and Senton with upgraded 3 S systems in them.

My 2 choices are a Limitless or a 3S Big Rock. The limitless would be a basic build for now. I have a extra blx 185 from jennyrc, throw a 2000kv hobbyking in it and a 20kg servo and get a x6 DumboRc transmitter. Not looking for 100mph (maybe 80+), but can be changed later of course.The 3S br, I would put a 4a esc on it and a DumboRc transmitter (sell STX2) and bash it (no crazy jumps).

I can pick one. Neither is in stock, but will be soon so I wanted to make a decision before then.

Could you guys help. And info on each vehicle would be appreciated.

Looking at the rigs you got... The Limitless if you have a need for speed... The Typhon 3S could fit that need very easy. Your covered also by the Infraction.The BigRock is really fun... What you need to Own is a Talion V4 or 5 if they come out soon. It’s by far my favorite rig in 6S.

From your two choice the Limitless.

The BRCC never did much for me. If you already own a OC4S and Granite, the BRCC is about the same. Just a little longer wheelbase.

That said, the Limitless is basically an Infraction with a spool and different body. Not sure if I would buy them both.

If I had your lineup and wanted something different I would be looking at:

Talion
Mojave
K8S

Talion... Say it... Say it.... OK, The Mojave is really cool to, but not Talion cool. Jon’s Right go a different direction from your Original choices based on what you already own

I assume you're budget is 400 ish and no higher and that's why you didn't list any other 6s vehicles. So my thoughts are that since you own the Infraction already you could just upgrade the center diff to the limitless spool and pinion and be done and get the speed you are looking for with that pretty easily. If you are also wanting the looks of the limitless body then pick up the parts for it separately. You might even be able to find the body, mounts, and wing stuff from a member here if you post a WTB in the classifieds since many members have bought a limitless only to convert them to infractions and may not plan to use the limitless body again. But if you're the kind of guy who builds their vehicles for 1 purpose and leaves it that way then get the limitless separate over the BRCC. I agree that the big rock is too similar of experience to the granite brushless and OC4S that you already have. Your senton only would need the BRCC body/mounts, tires, side chassis guards, and smaller pinion to make it a BRCC as well.

Yes I have a $410 credit at Amain.com (from a 4S Keaton I bought and returned)

Limitless, Big Rock is poo poo!

Man you guys got me thinking. If I didnt already have the 3S Typhon I would have got a 6s Typhon in a heartbeat.

Imo having the typhon and kraton 4s the kraton 4s is superior at everything against my typhon better handling bigger air better electronics faster af durability is better ironicly i broke the wing mount and wing in the slightest crash but my kraton i landed on the wing my baterry strap snaped but wing and mounts are still like new. I would say outcast 4s ftw

Imo having the typhon and kraton 4s the kraton 4s is superior at everything against my typhon better handling bigger air better electronics faster af durability is better ironicly i broke the wing mount and wing in the slightest crash but my kraton i landed on the wing my baterry strap snaped but wing and mounts are still like new. I would say outcast 4s ftw
I have a 4S OC, a 3S Typhon and a 6S Kraton V3

Why don't you try a different brand?

sell a couple and get the 8S, with what you have and want to get, you won't get excited at all.

My next truck will likely be an ProMT. It would likely replace my Granite and K4S.

I’m just curious where you’re going to find someone dumb enough to buy the stx2. ?

I’m just curious where you’re going to find someone dumb enough to buy the stx2. ?
Ebay. I sold 2 Stx2 in less then 3 hours last month.

My next truck will likely be an ProMT. It would likely replace my Granite and K4S.
Looks like a great truck. The Amain discontinued it online.
Why don't you try a different brand?
I may, but Traxxas is over priced, I'm looking at the Tekno MT410 kit. I like the Rival MT, but I have a Kaiju on backorder at RC planet (Damn Fedex, lost my order months ago), and they are near the same.

Thank guys for the help. I'm dropping the Big Rock from the selections and adding Tailon or something like it. I would have to wait for a Tailon (Bills come first), but if anybody knows any other On roads or truggies. I would appreciate the help.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back