Kraton Trying to hit 100mph with the V5 Kraton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicksteez84

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hey guys im new to the forum and coming back to rc world after some years away.
Im trying to hit 100mph with my Kraton 6s V5. So far i got up to 66 with only belted street wheels, 22T pinion, and some suspension adjustments. 66mph with batteries at prob 50-60%. Battery specs: (2x) Spektrum 3s 5000mah 50c. Any experience and advice welcomed, looking forward to your response
D61D7EA3-9120-44E5-B907-8CB7ABAA432B.jpeg

B7E1FF18-D045-4661-AFD9-64D29BE9200D.jpeg

I was hoping to hit 100 with only gearing but do you have a recommendation on a faster 6s motor?

I highly doubt that will happen with that setup. I have similar setup . SRC's also.. But if you are determined keep trying.
I'm getting shy of 7Omph. I'm good right there. Too much to setup needed for those speeds. It lifts easily. Flipped its lid many times. Then it becomes crap in the dirt where I prefer my Kraton. The SRC's I don't believe will hold together anyway as you get closer to 100MPH. The wheels also split easily just from rotational force. Been there.
I have a Lim and Infr. for the crazy speeds. :LOL:
I was hoping to hit 100 with only gearing but do you have a recommendation on a faster 6s motor?
Need 8s ESC and Motor for the speeds you want. IMHO. Gearing isnt just the problem. A 46 Spur might help???You need to truly slam everything. Droop etc. Thicker shock fluids and springs. Much work needed. The rig gets squirrely at those speeds.
The SRC's are very wide. Not the best for your objective, despite being Belted.
Wheel alignment needs to dead on. hard to do. with those wheels and the ST slop that exists. Those wheels are quite heavy. Much rotating weight. Heat is an issue also. If you can reach 70's. You did well.

Last edited:
^^^ If that's one of your goals. Keep trying. 👍
One member here can do 100mph with some modding on his Noto. Hoons 53/107s or 42/100's may be better for those speeds.

You will need at least 350$ just in esc,motor,an batteries to get 100mph. Then you'll most.likely have at least 1 crash before you get there,oh also need bout the cheapest 80$ long range remote receiver,80$ also 80$ for skyrc gnss unless that's a spare phone.ill give you a list if still interested,remember thou ,kraton can easily be totaled out on way to 100mph.more of a challenge than most would ever think. Heres a 100mph pass.1 era an its lots of 🤑🤑🤮🤮🤮🤑🤑🤑
Best advice is keep gearing up slowly.get a 46t spur an use with 22t get this app on phone.set up similar to this.not sure tire height.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210305-212231.jpg
    Screenshot_20210305-212231.jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
You will need at least 350$ just in esc,motor,an batteries to get 100mph. Then you'll most.likely have at least 1 crash before you get there,oh also need bout the cheapest 80$ long range remote receiver,80$ also 80$ for skyrc gnss unless that's a spare phone.ill give you a list if still interested,remember thou ,kraton can easily be totaled out on way to 100mph.more of a challenge than most would ever think. Heres a 100mph pass.1 era an its lots of 🤑🤑🤮🤮🤮🤑🤑🤑
Best advice is keep gearing up slowly.get a 46t spur an use with 22t get this app on phone.set up similar to this.not sure tire height.
Thats some good advice thx. And damn thay thing is quick, gonna get that app too

View attachment 130445
Thats my max speed with fully charged 2x 3s 5000mah 50c batt. I have a 6s 5000mah 100c coming tomorrow and will post my speed with that setup when it arrives
If you are running the stock esc, better get a better fan for it. When you get into the 90 mph + range, that esc cooks like a Thanksgiving turkey. I maxed out at 98 mph with the stock electronics before when went up in a blaze of glory.

If you are running the stock esc, better get a better fan for it. When you get into the 90 mph + range, that esc cooks like a Thanksgiving turkey. I maxed out at 98 mph with the stock electronics before when went up in a blaze of glory.
Im only gonna do short bursts, like 2 good runs for the day

Got the new battery however my top speed is still at 72mph. Thinking of switching to 8s. Can i buy the 8s setup from the Kraton 8s and have it bolt right in?

I highly doubt that will happen with that setup. I have similar setup . SRC's also.. But if you are determined keep trying.
I'm getting shy of 7Omph. I'm good right there. Too much to setup needed for those speeds. It lifts easily. Flipped its lid many times. Then it becomes crap in the dirt where I prefer my Kraton. The SRC's I don't believe will hold together anyway as you get closer to 100MPH. The wheels also split easily just from rotational force. Been there.
I have a Lim and Infr. for the crazy speeds. :LOL:

Need 8s ESC and Motor for the speeds you want. IMHO. Gearing isnt just the problem. A 46 Spur might help???You need to truly slam everything. Droop etc. Thicker shock fluids and springs. Much work needed. The rig gets squirrely at those speeds.
The SRC's are very wide. Not the best for your objective, despite being Belted.
Wheel alignment needs to dead on. hard to do. with those wheels and the ST slop that exists. Those wheels are quite heavy. Much rotating weight. Heat is an issue also. If you can reach 70's. You did well.
I have. 1250kv 8s setup with a 25T pinion in my Kraton V5. 70mph at the best

Got the new battery however my top speed is still at 72mph. Thinking of switching to 8s. Can i buy the 8s setup from the Kraton 8s and have it bolt right in?
The low KV of the 8S setup is going to need a huge pinion to make up the RPMs lost. You would be much better off with a Castle or TP motor along with an MMX8S. Then your problem will be aero and tuning

The low KV of the 8S setup is going to need a huge pinion to make up the RPMs lost. You would be much better off with a Castle or TP motor along with an MMX8S. Then your problem will be aero and tuning
I have the castle Momba 8x max that I ran in the v5 with a 22t pinion. I’ve moved that to the Roller with a 23T ( I haven’t ran it yet). But the 1250kv with the 24 or 25t pinion is in league of its own. So much faster and quicker. That being said I have proline badlands on the V5 as well as I also have a bunch of aluminum upgrades so it’s a heavier car. I put the Momba back in with a 24t and it wasn’t the same car.

It’s not a direct bolt in. I’m running the same setup like I said with 24-25T pinion. You have to shave the stock esc holder so it’s flat and double side tape it. I ran a zip around it for good measure

On 6s with 8s system 1250kv I'm running 30t pinion and 50t spur. But I'm also getting a bit of heat. From right at 140 to 165 f. Debating on knocking it back down to 25 to 20t. Because I don't just play on the street and I really don't want to toss 300$ down the drain. For the spektrum 160 esc.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back