Kraton Trying to order diff fluids

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heth

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hi

I am a little confused trying to order the right diff. oil to my Kraton. After reading many tips about recommended diff oil for the kraton, I decided to go with 300k in center and 50k in front/rear. I want to go with “Associated Factory Team Silicone diff oil” But they are using CST instead of WT.

Could someone please tell me the converted values in CST assuming the 300k/50k are WT.

Thank You so much.

Cst is the measurement you actually want for the application we are using it for. Stick with Associsted silicon and find the one that works the best. Associated silicon is common and easy to get.

Just pick a brand and work with it by how the truck handles. My diff fluids are associated. They all say K on them. Their shock oil says W on them. I have Associated 200K In the center diff. 50K up front, 30K in the rear. Works well. 300K would also be good. The kraton will handle well and also not balloon the front tires as much. It will wheel stand when you want The punch setting helps also. I like to set that so when I wheelie from a start, the truck won't hop up off it's back tires on to the wheelie bar. It will just lift up into a wheel stand and ride it out for a while.

The K stands for 1000 on Associated fluid. 300K Associsted is very thick.

It's 300,000 weight. It's like sap.

Traxxas 50k and traxxas 30K works well front and rear also. Then do 200k or 300k center Associated . I have used Traxxas also. It works well. Traxxas diff oil is easy to find.

My Associated center diff fluid container reads 200K in bold red. Below it it reads 200,000 cst. That's a nice center diff fluid for a fast basher. In my opinion. My Traxxas diff lube will just read 30K weight on the bottle... I used it in the rear. Then 50k weight up front. They don't mention CST. The K is just meaning 1000.

Now....Associated shock oil is different. For example. 60w in bold red on the label reads 800cst on the bottom.

Traxxas 50k and traxxas 30K works well front and rear also. Then do 200k or 300k center Associated . I have used Traxxas also. It works well. Traxxas diff oil is easy to find.

My Associated center diff fluid container reads 200K in bold red. Below it it reads 200,000 cst. That's a nice center diff fluid for a fast basher. In my opinion. My Traxxas diff lube will just read 30K weight on the bottle... I used it in the rear. Then 50k weight up front. They don't mention CST. The K is just meaning 1000.

Now....Associated shock oil is different. For example. 60w in bold red on the label reads 800cst on the bottom.

Can you describe the characteristics of your Kraton with this setup? I don't want tyres ballooning like mad but I also don't want it to be wheelie happy. Mainly running on bumpy grass and the odd mossy tarmac carpark with crassy runoff areas.

Yes of course.

If you are running tires with good traction you will get extremely wheelie with 200k in center diff. But there are no doubt about it helps a lot when we are taking front tire ballooning. Today I actually switch to 100k in order to reduce wheelies, but I didn't notice any big difference, ok maybe a little but not enough. next time I'll try to play with the punch setting. Currently I'm running stock setting.

just wondering what fluid people are using in the kraton. I'm about to change fluids and was wondering what would be better than stock. I just see a lot of 50/100/50 and 50 f/100c/30r. must work pretty well kinda want front and back the same,so can have extra one rebuilt ready for front or rear! stupid question but any input would be highly appreciated.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back