trying to put together Hoonitruck style "drop in" turbos.. need feedback

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

magnetik

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
Still a WIP and not completely decided on the housing yet. Also haven't decided to have it two parts or one (I'm thinking two.. one for the shell and just glue the turbo down into the shell) You will need to cut a hole into the body, drop in the shell, and glue the edges down to the body is what I'm thinking.. any ideas would be appreciated.

Yay? nay? modfications?

turbo1.jpg
turbo2.jpg

I made this design last night after @Glock21user asked me to print him off something similar. I figured having it flat on the bottom and just CA it in place would be the best move. That way he didn't have to put a hole in the body at all. I have the first run on the bed right now about to finish. It looks pretty bad as I am having stringing issues that I have a plan to fix tonight but am waiting to tear down my hot end after this print.

1587246300981.png

F6779963-F9AB-4846-96F8-8E0560890AFE.jpeg

yeah I'll prob end up slicing it down the middle eventually for just gluing on. I already cut up into my body for other things and figured it be a little more realistic with the turbos popping up out of the hood. These are the type of things having a resin printer would be perfect for.

This is something I had bookmarked on Thingiverse a while ago, much like @jondilly1974 s design where it's flat on the bottom and design to look as if it's just sticking out of the hood.

Might not be the full look he's after but it can be rescaled. If hood is already cut could make a black shallow drop in box with a lip that looks like rivets and the turbo glued into the box.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3957257

I looked at a few of those originally and thought about modifying them since it's using the jdm style cone filter instead of the hoonitruck version and ended up just modeling up another.

Ah gotcha. Well I think your drop in box and turbo model is on the right track. Looking at pics of the real truck it seems a hole cut with shallow box and turbos sitting on it with and a piece to surround the hole with some tiny rivet details will get you pretty close.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back