Notorious Trying to replace my front left Cvd Driveshaft but having problems.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uplift-RC

TB RC Bashers
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Notorious
  5. Typhon 3s
I have stripped out the grub screw holding the hub pin below in this picture!!
Any ideas on how to get this stripped screw out so I can install a new set of CVD Front Cvd Driveshafts #ARRMAFAMILY?
I even tired to heat it up to loosen up the loctite but I still ended up stripping it out and I cant get this off for the life of me.

Screen Shot 2021-01-17 at 12.19.10 PM.png

Done this many "many" times, your not alone lol. Time for a screw extractor. Or in desperation I've used a punch to punch the pin out and then the grub screw will come out easy.

Edit:
Obviously this is just for future reference. $20 on amazon. I used it last night and saved my buddies life with it the day before lol. Easy to use as well, I extracted a pinion grub screw last night in seconds.

20210117_125013.jpg

Last edited:
Done this many "many" times, your not alone lol. Time for a screw extractor. Or in desperation I've used a punch to punch the pin out and then the grub screw will come out easy.

Edit:
Obviously this is just for future reference. $20 on amazon. I used it last night and saved my buddies life with it the day before lol. Easy to use as well, I extracted a pinion grub screw last night in seconds.

View attachment 120656
Thanks for the response!! I even tried heating it up first but no go!!! I must have bought a cheap one b.c I had a screw on my v3 KRATON and it did not work, matter of fact I am taking it back to Home Depot..Where did you get this from and do you have a link brother @nomis38 ?

This was the one I bought and it did not work!!! Terrible product..
1610970755803.png

Here some others on amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/s?k=screw+extractor

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back