Trying to sell rc stuff on fb is near impossible.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, you just print it out on regular paper and use packaging tape to adhere it to what ever box or envelope your shipping the item in.. I just shipped 4 things this last week to multiple forum members using that site
Ok
I've had great luck with unloading old rc stuff on ebay...someone out there is looking for a part I don't need! ebay is easy to manage and doesn't take a lot of time even though you pay the fees. I still use craigslist to sell, but typically only bigger stuff (just listed a snowmobile).
Yea I definitely will sell on ebay when I turn 18. I'm 17 rn but I'll be 18 before I know it. I have a buddy that sells lawn mower parts on there and he's doing pretty good for himself.

This is funny, cuz the reason why I got into this hobby and here is that fb marketplace and gumtree is just 99% scammers. So I decided to buy from a professional site for my kids, then I ve seen even that is fast, so bought an FTX Tracer for my son, then Vorteks BLX for myself and rest is history.

I see tons of nice cars here in the UK tho with insane offers, smth like a felony and a kraton for £600 (or smth like that). If I find smth like that, I will probably go for it

I swear I never have any luck selling stuff on fb. I always get people that want to trade or lowball me. I had someone offer me 150 bucks for my felony lmao. And it gets really annoying when someone is actually interested and you are talking to them then you find someplace to meet then they don't show up and you can't get ahold if em anymore. Any tips for selling on fb?

I haven’t had much luck selling on FB market either. It’s usually here in the Forum or OfferUp.

To help deal with flakes just have them meet you somewhere near your home that’s a quick 2-5min drive if possible and tell them to message you when they arrive. Save a bunch of time dealing with flakes.

When I get outlandish offers I usually give a remark like.. “Thank you for the offer, if it hasn’t sold in the next 5 years it’s yours!”

No, you just print it out on regular paper and use packaging tape to adhere it to what ever box or envelope.
IMO never envelope a label. Always clear tape to a box. A envelope can be torn off during the automated shipping process. At my job we ship everyday. The last time we used a sticky envelope with the label in it, ups lost a $2400 part and didn't even want to pay the insurance claim. We've been taping labels ever since. No losses.

I haven’t had much luck selling on FB market either. It’s usually here in the Forum or OfferUp.

To help deal with flakes just have them meet you somewhere near your home that’s a quick 2-5min drive if possible and tell them to message you when they arrive. Save a bunch of time dealing with flakes.

When I get outlandish offers I usually give a remark like.. “Thank you for the offer, if it hasn’t sold in the next 5 years it’s yours!”
Ok thanks. I'll try offer up

IMO never envelope a label. Always clear tape to a box. A envelope can be torn off during the automated shipping process. At my job we ship everyday. The last time we used a sticky envelope with the label in it, ups lost a $2400 part and didn't even want to pay the insurance claim. We've been taping labels ever since. No losses.
Sorry, that's what I meant, clear tape the label to whatever box or shipping envelope your putting the item in, thanks for clarifying!!

When I turn 18 I definitely am going to

Ok thanks
Sell it here. Here there are more serious buyers. And usually know better what an Arrma Rig should be and is worth. And even sold at a lower price than expected, moves it and you know that the buyer is one of us, and your rig will always be in good hands. Kind of like good Karma.
I think some of the best "fair" pricing is here. Much more realistic. Remember that RC rigs are not any great investment. Don't expect to get the $$ you invested into it. The fun and time you got out of it, is what it's all about. Consider it money made, enough to roll into that next New RC rig.
Just me.
Unfortunately for me I am too attached to my rigs and have my very first one from 1990's. No more room for the 17 I currently have. Hard for me to part with them. Never sold any. It's a problem for me.
I had 2 RedCat Crappy Toy Grade ones that I did toss in the garbage after a few months. Weren't worth selling.
I wouldn't wish that RC crap on anyone.:giggle:

Does anyone do Craigslist?
Where I used to work, there was a designated Safe location, a common public area to "Meet" for transactions. Cams specific in this area.
Within NYC Sheriifs Office. This is common these days.
I've sold playstation 5's and xboxs on offerup/craigslist when they were impossible to find. I also bought my fireteam from someone on facebook marketplace.

Every single time I've had them meet me at the police station parking lot. I don't want to be robbed and I don't want them to think I'm trying to rob them.

I did buy a Xbox series S from a guy and met in a police station parking lot.

FB market place is full of scammers. I feel as though the only way you are going to get any real buyers is if your car is at least 60% of msrp. And depending on the mods you have. Real buyers don't really know what you have and its not worth saving as little as 100 dollars if i could just buy brand new with no headaches.

Ok

Yea I definitely will sell on ebay when I turn 18. I'm 17 rn but I'll be 18 before I know it. I have a buddy that sells lawn mower parts on there and he's doing pretty good for himself.
Just saying, you can make an account if you’re under 18. I don’t remember exactly how I got around it, but you just don’t put in your age or something.

They will block your account and take all your money from the account if they find out though. Just be sure to withdraw money as soon as you get it.

Ok thanks, but ain't shipping labels supposed to have a sticky back to stick to the box? Where would I find that paper at?
You place the printed shipper on the box and use Clear Packing tape over it. Commonly done this way.

Ye
Just saying, you can make an account if you’re under 18. I don’t remember exactly how I got around it, but you just don’t put in your age or something.

They will block your account and take all your money from the account if they find out though. Just be sure to withdraw money as soon as you get it.
Yea I'll be 18 in April think I'll just wait lol.

Yeah be patient, you are almost there. Adulthood has it's benefits. Along with that comes responsibility however. Embrace both equally and you will do well in life.

Well, everyone knows how RC bashers are treated.... ;) If each of us kicked our car for 10 times a day for a week that would be (in most cases) less strain than a single session of bashing... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

It kind of reflects on the price.

Does anyone do Craigslist?
Where I used to work, there was a designated Safe location, a common public area to "Meet" for transactions. Cams specific in this area.
Within NYC Sheriifs Office. This is common these days.
I have looked for stuff on craigslist, but never found anything worthwhile.
Craigslist still exist?
Yes, that is where we sell our sheep.
Ye

Yea I'll be 18 in April think I'll just wait lol.
Lucky^ I have to wait until May to turn18.

Facebook does a very good job of connecting people, and subsequently teaching us that an overwhelming majority of people are not those we want to be connecting with.
So true about Bookface.
One reason I deleted my account like 8 years ago. Mostly job related reasons. Became an issue. And that was a bear to do. Hidden/buried links to start the process. If you accidently accessed your acct to check, the Cancellation processed stopped and never cancels out. Never telling you. Needed to start all over again. Never told how the procedure works. Trial and error and Reddit is all you got for support. And better not link or anything on BF even by accident for a few months. BF makes it VERY hard to cancel. They make it become like a thing to never cancel your account.
They suck. BF is getting old. New Gen doesn't even mess with that stuff. They laugh at it.
BF is $hurting$ these days. No wonder why. It is antiquated and all bloated by now. BF just whores out your metadata. How they exist. Like they all do. Just some Social media isn't that greedy.

Last edited:
I use fb for a few real friends. Twitter no thanks. My life isn't interesting enough for "The Gram". And Tik Tok, don't need china in my business.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back