Trying to sell rc stuff on fb is near impossible.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BF is very good for Sellers or a Business. That's about it.
'Gram and Twitter are most popular.
Offer up is the same. I just sold a 3s Bigrock for $200 that came with an extra set of tires. Tons of people tried to trade me their Traxxas Rustler 2wd for it. I just held out for a while until the right buyer came along. Took me 2 months.
Always state "No Trades". This weeds out many non serious buyers up front most of the time.
I did buy a Xbox series S from a guy and met in a police station parking lot.
Yeah its common to go to Public Libraries and Police stations and Post offices to have a secure safe location. There are designated areas for this. At least here in NYC.

Last edited:
I’ve sold 100’s of pieces of vintage electronics on Craigslist, in person at my house. Never a problem. Sure I’ve met my share of weirdos but never had an issue and made some great friends (real friends not fb friends...) along the way. My secret is to actually have a conversation on the phone instead of messaging or text. You’ll can tell a lot about someone during a conversation and if someone does not want to talk to me and meet at my house than I don’t want to sell to them, easy peasy.

I try not to sell much of anything because if I'm going to spend all that time selling something for next to nothing I feel I'm better off to just work a few hours and keep the darn thing. I have sold some drones and I wright in my add that I won't text at all and stick to it along with my price and I won't move on that. Most people now a days seem like they don't even no how to use a phone. Call me old but I dislike texting back and forth all day. I guess you can tell I don't like selling my stuff. :D

I swear I never have any luck selling stuff on fb. I always get people that want to trade or lowball me. I had someone offer me 150 bucks for my felony lmao. And it gets really annoying when someone is actually interested and you are talking to them then you find someplace to meet then they don't show up and you can't get ahold if em anymore. Any tips for selling on fb?
i don't think it's only face book.

I try not to sell much of anything because if I'm going to spend all that time selling something for next to nothing I feel I'm better off to just work a few hours and keep the darn thing. I have sold some drones and I wright in my add that I won't text at all and stick to it along with my price and I won't move on that. Most people now a days seem like they don't even no how to use a phone. Call me old but I dislike texting back and forth all day. I guess you can tell I don't like selling my stuff. :D
Yea I'm about fed up with it as well
I’ve sold 100’s of pieces of vintage electronics on Craigslist, in person at my house. Never a problem. Sure I’ve met my share of weirdos but never had an issue and made some great friends (real friends not fb friends...) along the way. My secret is to actually have a conversation on the phone instead of messaging or text. You’ll can tell a lot about someone during a conversation and if someone does not want to talk to me and meet at my house than I don’t want to sell to them, easy peasy.
Yea I get your point

I actually buy from FB marketplace quite a bit. But I never sell there.
Well, I broke my own rule and posted something to FB marketplace. First message seemed promising - friendly and local. They asked for my address to come pick up the item and I suggested meeting at the police station instead. Then the buyer immediately blocked me.

Glad I didn't give them my address!

Well, I broke my own rule and posted something to FB marketplace. First message seemed promising - friendly and local. They asked for my address to come pick up the item and I suggested meeting at the police station instead. Then the buyer immediately blocked me.

Glad I didn't give them my address!
Yep never meet at your house.

Ok thanks, but ain't shipping labels supposed to have a sticky back to stick to the box? Where would I find that paper at?
Just print it on regular paper and cover NEATLY with clear packing tape. You can't have any wrinkles in the tape as that would make the bar code unreadable.

Just print it on regular paper and cover NEATLY with clear packing tape. You can't have any wrinkles in the tape as that would make the bar code unreadable.
My local post office advised me to not cover up the large bar code with tape. I cover most every part of the label with clear tape, but I leave the bar code uncovered.

Ebay was great back in the day til they got greedy with the fees . I don't really sell anything other than the RC stuff now , therefore I'll post it here and when it sells / if it sells , that's fine .

I never sold on Facebook Marketplace; I've given up selling on Facebook forums; and Ebay fees have gotten too expensive. I got tired of getting low-ball offers or no offers on parts that could pass as new (used once on pavement, not bashed), even when I was charging just a few dollars over the shipping cost to cover my PayPal fees. I've had several instances where a prospective buyer said "I'll take it"; never sent the money; and when I sent a follow up email, I never got a response. Now I'll only offer parts for sale if someone asks for a certain part or parts, and I happen to have those parts I want to get rid of. Even in those cases, I've had sales fall through.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back