Trying to sell rc stuff on fb is near impossible.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigrayzrc

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Kraton 6s
I swear I never have any luck selling stuff on fb. I always get people that want to trade or lowball me. I had someone offer me 150 bucks for my felony lmao. And it gets really annoying when someone is actually interested and you are talking to them then you find someplace to meet then they don't show up and you can't get ahold if em anymore. Any tips for selling on fb?

Offer up is the same. I just sold a 3s Bigrock for $200 that came with an extra set of tires. Tons of people tried to trade me their Traxxas Rustler 2wd for it. I just held out for a while until the right buyer came along. Took me 2 months.

I don't BF any more. But I always felt that over there, many aren't serious about much. You selling stuff and many feel they are doing you a favor. Like a pawn shop $price$.

Last edited:
Tip one.
Never meet… I’ll never meet someone who wants to buy something from me. Vice verse.
Second
Facebook marketplace has been a joke since Covid. I’m don’t reply to people who use the default message. That’s 90% of them.
Third.
If they ask for a discount or “best” offer then most likely they don’t have the money…

But I have sold a lot of things on Facebook marketplace. And tend to weed out the idiots. Just be more cautious

Does anyone do Craigslist?
Where I used to work, there was a designated Safe location, a common public area to "Meet" for transactions. Cams specific in this area.
Within NYC Sheriifs Office. This is common these days.

I swear I never have any luck selling stuff on fb. I always get people that want to trade or lowball me. I had someone offer me 150 bucks for my felony lmao. And it gets really annoying when someone is actually interested and you are talking to them then you find someplace to meet then they don't show up and you can't get ahold if em anymore. Any tips for selling on fb?
Why don't you sell it in here?

Craigslist still exist?

I actually buy from FB marketplace quite a bit. But I never sell there.
This is me also. Bought my Talion during Covid off fb. But had a crapping time trying to buy a Kraton EXB. Drove way out to meet a guy, he never showed and wouldn't answer phone. Also that same day contacted a guy for a Xmaxx and picked it up 2 days later.

Selling anything, anywhere is a pain anymore... unreasonable offers and time wasters are the normal now, a quick text of "hey, I think I'm gonna pass, thanks for your time" is a rarity, people just don't care.. that being said, I think one of the reasons I like this forum is the classifieds, I've had nothing but good transactions buying and selling, it's refreshing not to deal with scumbags lol..

Why don't you sell it in here?
I don't really know how to ship stuff. I tried but never got any bites
This is me also. Bought my Talion during Covid off fb. But had a crapping time trying to buy a Kraton EXB. Drove way out to meet a guy, he never showed and wouldn't answer phone. Also that same day contacted a guy for a Xmaxx and picked it up 2 days later.
Yes that's where I got my kraton and felony from

I don't really know how to ship stuff. I tried but never got any bites
Use a site called Pirate Ship, you can print shipping labels right from your laptop or pc, the rates are real reasonable, and the site makes it really user friendly.. I was scared of the shipping thing too, but after you do it once or twice it's nothing really

Use a site called Pirate Ship, you can print shipping labels right from your laptop or pc, the rates are real reasonable, and the site makes it really user friendly.. I was scared of the shipping thing too, but after you do it once or twice it's nothing really
Ok thanks, but ain't shipping labels supposed to have a sticky back to stick to the box? Where would I find that paper at?

I've had great luck with unloading old rc stuff on ebay...someone out there is looking for a part I don't need! ebay is easy to manage and doesn't take a lot of time even though you pay the fees. I still use craigslist to sell, but typically only bigger stuff (just listed a snowmobile).

Ok thanks, but ain't shipping labels supposed to have a sticky back to stick to the box? Where would I find that paper at?
No, you just print it out on regular paper and use packaging tape to adhere it to what ever box or envelope your shipping the item in.. I just shipped 4 things this last week to multiple forum members using that site

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back