TS100, decided to order one. Anyone have experience with this Soldering iron?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sissupr

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
I’ve been addicted to soldering lately after getting my first taste with converting my battery leads to XT90s and also installing my XLX on my Infraction. Was using a Weller soldering gun type for about a week and the soldering tip split, so decided to send it back to Amazon (under 30 days) and exchange it for the TS100. It was either picking up a Hakko or Weller station for $100 or even a Trakpower... figured I would give this pen type a whirl.

All the reviews online and YouTube are super positive. I added the chisel d24 tip as well. Can’t wait to solder something lol. Arrives tomorrow from Amazon.

There are firmware updates as well (additional features)... anyone actually do it?

D1C26AAD-C880-4819-9E9F-E563C69F5C8D.png

No idea but sounds super cool! I use an old school type heavy duty soldering iron without a station. I don’t have much money to throw into this hobby anymore but this iron is effective and definitely heavy duty. I’ll send a picture compared to a normal 30 watt iron.
image.jpg

95 watts apparently. Is it true I don’t know. What I do know is I was able to repair an automotive battery lead with one!

Last edited:
No idea but sounds super cool! I use an old school type heavy duty soldering iron without a station. I don’t have much money to throw into this hobby anymore but this iron is effective and definitely heavy duty. I’ll send a picture compared to a normal 30 watt iron.
I have a 60 watt hobico. Works great they can be bought for $40 Any where.
3B908F47-68FC-48A8-8ACE-4EE8E497CBFE.png

Edit! lol. $16 now. Lol. As much as I use one this is perfect!

I have a Hakko station but rarely use it. I’m about to bust it out soon tho. I have an MM2 and a Ripple Killer to put ends in for my Typhon build.

I have had one for about a year and it is fantastic!!! Small, versatile, adjustable, can run off one of you batteries to make repairs when you're out having fun or competing. Can't say enough good things about it. I like it better than any soldering station I have owned! It heats up so very fast! You won't be disappointed! Mine came with spare tips AC/DC adapter and the Lipo lead!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back