Kraton tsutton's Build Log - Arrma 1/8 Kraton 4WD EXB Extreme

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have contacted support to see what they say about the diffs and the manual/exploded diagrams.

In the meanwhile, the center diff has been topped up and looks good now.

Front and rear diffs are sort of almost full but I'm happy with it for now until the 10k diff fluid arrives.

Tested the servo, motor, etc and all appears to be well. But it's dark outside so will give it a good testing tomorrow. ?

IMG_20201222_184237.jpg

IMG_20201222_184227.jpg

Have contacted support to see what they say about the diffs and the manual/exploded diagrams.

In the meanwhile, the center diff has been topped up and looks good now.

Front and rear diffs are sort of almost full but I'm happy with it for now until the 10k diff fluid arrives.

Tested the servo, motor, etc and all appears to be well. But it's dark outside so will give it a good testing tomorrow. ?

View attachment 115302

View attachment 115303
I had a similar issue with the mojave exb. When they first started shipping exbs they had this slipperless/shimmed rear diff but that appears to have been dropped now in favour of reordered slipper threads. Check out my build thread which also has a link showing you the "correct" way to insert the LSD plates. Fair warning - i got it wrong 1st time.

You will have to monitor your motor temperatures with that setup. It is slightly Uber sized for the extra weight if the EXB compared to the RTR. You may be OK but use the smaller pinion and monitor your motor and ESC temps. You should put a fan on that motor.

For your diffs watch this:

For a motor fan I did this:

I didn’t go with the grille for it and mount, but the fans are dirt cheap and work great. You can pick up servo Y cables 1 male to 2 female and run your motor and ESC fans both from the ESC fan port. I got a 5 pack of them from Amazon next day.

You may be OK but use the smaller pinion and monitor your motor and ESC temps.

I'm using the default pinion at the moment. The ESC temp have the cut off set up for 105C but by default, the Motor temp is set to Disabled as I wasn't sure how high is acceptable. Do you know?

You should put a fan on that motor.

Yes, it's already on my to do list but there's not much choice from UK stock, most of them are either too big or too small. :( Do you happen to know of one from UK stock?

Thanks.

In other news...

Finally managed to have the time to finish this off.

Diffs taken apart & confirmed that I have the 2nd batch. Front was set up as "Maximum Effect" while the rear was set up as "Minimum Effect". Diff fluid topped up as well.

And rear mudguards fitted.

Batteries charged up. Went outside in my rear garden and tested it out.

Holy sh1t it's fast! 1st go, it did a back flip! :ROFLMAO: But managed to get used to the speed & control but by the time it was getting dark I had to stop. :(

Real testing tomorrow at a local park, hopefully it'll be empty.

Thanks everyone for your help & advice. (y)

Getting my exb tomorrow at last, should have had it 8th of December but nevertheless.
Santa brought me the same 2200kv combo so im glad your happy with the poke!
Hows the centre diff with that weight fluid? I'm guessing the lsd setup helps but on my other 6s monsters with open diffs I need 300000 weight to stop the fronts ballooning too much.
Need a fan, anyone been using those gamechanger fans and if so where to get them? Think they plug straight into the balance port, is that good? They look small and neat.

Getting my exb tomorrow at last, should have had it 8th of December but nevertheless.
Santa brought me the same 2200kv combo so im glad your happy with the poke!
Hows the centre diff with that weight fluid? I'm guessing the lsd setup helps but on my other 6s monsters with open diffs I need 300000 weight to stop the fronts ballooning too much.
Need a fan, anyone been using those gamechanger fans and if so where to get them? Think they plug straight into the balance port, is that good? They look small and neat.
Fans are not as easy as you may think. Consider the following. If mounting to your motor you need the correct size motor heatsink with the right size fan mounts. Same applies to the ESC. Powering them imo is the easiest part. Another thing I've not figured out yet is that I clean my rigs after every drive and use the water hose and simple green. So those things need to be fully considered when getting fans. Hope this helps ?

Seems reasonable for me at the moment - only had limited runs with it due to weather. :(

I'm still looking around. It plugs straight to the spare RX port (3rd channel)

Looking at the photo TS, rear mudguards are a good idea for the UK winter! Have you found some yet?
With the fan, on my other rig (kronos)
The fan is on top of the motor and I regularly break a blade or two when the chassis slams.
I was looking at side mount fans hoping to be able to put a blob of hot glue between the fan and chassis, thinking this may be better for hard landings.
Any thoughts out there, top or side mount?

Looking at the photo TS, rear mudguards are a good idea for the UK winter! Have you found some yet?

It's already fitted (see photos above) - it's great and I just wipe it off with ease. Far better than trying to take off tangled grass all over the drive shafts!!

Any thoughts out there, top or side mount?

Based on what I see other people's setup, it's on an angle - not top or side, but between that. But it depends on how big the fan is as you dn't want it sticking out. I'm still researching on this.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back